R.I.P. Walker Boone (1944-2021)

Low Spark of Lyman

What a night! I had to do six encores at the club.
Belated* R.I.P. to Walker Boone, best known as the voice of Mario in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. He was, if I'm not mistaken, the last living voice actor for either of the Mario brothers in the DIC cartoons based on the video game franchise, following the deaths of Lou Albano in 2009, Danny Wells in 2013, and Tony Rosato in 2017.

Boone's other voiceover roles are in X-Men: The Animated Series (as Donald Pierce), Totally Spies! The Movie (as Peppy Wolfman), and Leafie, A Hen into the Wild (as Farmer).

Boone also appeared in live action productions, most notably Star Trek: The Next Generation as Commander Lynch.

*Having lived from May 4, 1944 to January 29, 2021, his death was not widely reported until August 2021: Walker Boone, voice of Mario in two '90s animated shows, has passed away

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts