Rino Romano the voice of Batman?

Marvel_Knight

Ahh, dammit
Now read my post closely. No offense to Rino or anything, but could he really be the voice of the Dark Knight? I mean, he was an awesome voice for Spider-Man, but Batman? If you listen REALLLLLY closley to "The Batman" preview, (I downloaded it) you can hear him saying, "I'm the Batman" and it sounded like...well...Spider-Man. I'm doing this because he was Spider-Man or anything, just he didn't sound like Batman IMO. But maybe he could surprise me throughout the show?:confused:

Animelee

Pokeymans Nerd
Marvel_Knight said:
Now read my post closely. No offense to Rino or anything, but could he really be the voice of the Dark Knight? I mean, he was an awesome voice for Spider-Man, but Batman? If you listen REALLLLLY closley to "The Batman" preview, (I downloaded it) you can hear him saying, "I'm the Batman" and it sounded like...well...Spider-Man. I'm doing this because he was Spider-Man or anything, just he didn't sound like Batman IMO. But maybe he could surprise me throughout the show?:confused:
I keep listening to it, too, and he sounds really good for the part. It doesn't really sound like Spider-man to me. Sure, we heard Kevin Conroy do a good young Bruce Wayne voice, but Rino is pretty good, too. We only heard one line, "I'm the Batman," so we can't really judge 'im yet.

Animelee

Pokeymans Nerd
Marvel_Knight said:
I never said he was bad for the part just that I'm not really sure:confused: Great job on Spidey though:)
Oh, okay. :sweat: Sometimes I mis-interpret things, because I'm weird. :eek:

Yeah, I agree. :) Didn't he play Mamoru Chiba/Darien, on Sailor Moon's first English season?

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Yeah... I don't think I'll be able to think of him as any other super hero than Spider-Man and he and Spidey are just too different. Now if it had been Batman Beyond then it may have worked out... since Spidey and BB are kinda the same in how they trash talk and what not.

Zebi

Take off, eh!
Animelee said:
Yeah, I agree. :) Didn't he play Mamoru Chiba/Darien, on Sailor Moon's first English season?
Yup. :) According to Rino's page on IMDB.com, he played Darien/Tuxedo Mask for the first 11 episodes of the Sailor Moon dub. He also appeared on Teen Titans, playing Kai ("Sisters").

I'm having a hard time picturing him as Batman, but then again, I've recently been watching Spider-Man: Unlimited, so his voice for Spidey is fresh in my mind. I'm looking forward to seeing The Batman in the fall, and I wait until then to make a decision on whether I feel he makes a good Batman.

shogunthethird said:
now is Rino Romano related to Christy Carlson Romano or comedian Ray Romano?
Don't know, and unfortunately the IMDB.com page isn't much help.

Corrado

Rino is the son of WBA Voice Director, Andrea Romano.

They're no relation to Christy or Ray.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
It seems like whenever people in Hollywood have the same last name, people assume they HAVE to be related. It's not like Romano is an obscure family name.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I thought he was terrible as Spider-Man I have to say.

However, this is WBA. When have you ever heard a dodgy voice production in a recent WB cartoon? They excel in voice over production. They seem to be putting a lot of faith in this cartoon, either they think it'll be a big hit...or they hope it sells a lot of toys.

I'm waiting to hear him before I judge. From the tiny scene with Batman in the Batmobile, I'm to see more.

Sailor Chibi Otaku

Samanosuke Akechi fangirl
Dr. Octopus said:
Yup. :) According to Rino's page on IMDB.com, he played Darien/Tuxedo Mask for the first 11 episodes of the Sailor Moon dub.

Yes he did and I have some of his episodes (I don't have all of them. I have some featuring all of Serena's voice actresses, too, as well as both of Mina's voice actresses and Raye. Yes, she has two voice actresses. Katie wasn't her first) as well as some of Toby Proctor's episodes. I have more of Vincent as Darien than I have of the other two. Mwha!! :D Guess which is my favourite. :D :anime:

Last I heard Rino was when he was the narrator for some show about American pop culture about commercials. That was a WHILE ago.

Could someone be a dear and one day, provide me with a .wav file of him as Batman? I'm curious. He was Spider-Man, too? I must MUST HEAR THAT!! *ahem*

NO WAY (That monster just doesn't give up!!)!! He was Carlos in "NASCAR Racers"??

Maxie Zeus

Upside Down
Matt Wilson said:
It seems like whenever people in Hollywood have the same last name, people assume they HAVE to be related. It's not like Romano is an obscure family name.

I like it when the victims of these rumors try to play along with them. Michael Keaton used to joke about going with his sister Diane out to visit Uncle Buster's grave.

BeastBoyWonder

Teen Titans Go!
In Batman Beyond's "Rebirth", Rino voices the thug that was assaulting Batman the last time he was out on patrol... I think he sounded plenty menacing enough to play the part.

marshman98

Rino Romano is also the voice of the promos for the all the WB comedies. I've heard that the voice actors have all been told to be dark and subdued and that Rino is loving every minute of it. Also, I heard that the voice of The Penguin came down to a choice between Tom Kenny and...Wayne Knight! :evil:

Zebi

Take off, eh!
For anyone who wants to take a listen, here are clips of Rino Romano as Spider-Man and Tuxedo Mask.

[Edit: You will need to copy & paste the URL's for these clips into another window; they are hosted on free webspace.]

I also found a site with clips of his role as Eduardo in Extreme Ghostbusters.

Zebi

Take off, eh!
Sailor Chibi Otaku said:
*blinks*

I clicked on both links and I get this thread.. o_O
I didn't realize this was a problem until you pointed it out; thanks. The clips (which are mp3's) are hosted on Freewebs - you'll need to copy and paste the URL's into a new window.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts