Should Toonami change to a new time in this schedule with new shows and included more events.

Batstick

F0B08B5B-0D58-4042-833F-0A2DAFF90F02.jpeg

Last month (August, 2023). Adult Swim launched a new programming block, Checkered Past. running weekday evenings. It contains reruns of classic Cartoon Network shows at 5pm. The channels are reconstructed within the era of streaming services like Netflix, Max and Crunchyroll, which changed the way we watch our favorite shows and completely abandoned their cable companies. Felt like anyone could watch anime anytime , day and night. Adult Swim is doing fine but what about Toonami? Rating isn’t bad but sometimes doing so good. With only reigns in viewership between 200-300.000 viewers in recent years Toonami gained like 1.000.000 views from fans. Now that number will decline if maybe more in next year even with WarnerMedia and Discovery merging that cause WB Games to split. This could lead Toonami to cancel. Fear that did want Toonami would do much better to gain more viewers.

I Think that Toonami should move from 12:00 AM to either 8:00 PM only on Saturday. A throwback throughout late 1990s to mids 2000s. Not only did it not boost ratings, it gained a lot of new viewers from audience’s from OG to new generations. Who wanted to stay up to watch their favorite show, yes folks could watch anime anytime on streaming service and DVD. If many viewers don’t have DVDs completed of their favorite series and are still watching Toonami. Still has four shows Checkered Past units 8pm when. Doing that’s set you at that time of your life in the peak of growth in 2000s with classic CN shows and Toonami as well. That’s good for a channel bringing back older viewers they have over years draw back to the network once remember.

Then remember events like Remember Giant Robot Week, Full Cycle, Dragonball Chronicles and A Month of Miyazaki, yeah. That never used to happen. Recently we get marathons of shows and the same episodes from past weeks repeating. Believe marathons couldn’t count as Events. Really think it should be more creative and yet fun like having another Toonami Month of Movies . We haven't had one since 2014. Imagine Toonami playing both animation and live action! That would be cool again.

Toonami could partner-up with RetroCrush to air Retro Anime’s from 70s-2000s even you may have heard before. Entire month airing 4 episodes of that show and maybe a movie or two. Also can do like giveaways of some kind of DVDs, Shirts, Figures and get discounts on premium

One event personnel could love this on Toonami. That is “Shōnen Month ''. This honors Shōnen shows that change the lives of fans and landscapes of anime in western. Airing shows like Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Beach My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, JOJO and more. But not only air them first four episodes but airing four favorites fan episodes in each respects fandom and with behinds history favorite Shōnen shows how they came to be.

There are plenty of ideas for events that could happen rather than marathons aka reruns to where get no ideas for night events.

We always know the Toonami block is the home of anime. Also western animation. Samurai Jack, Sym-Bionic Titan and Beware the Batman. One show I think could fit in the line-up is Young Justice, Transformers Prime, My Adventures with Superman's (kept on the schedule with the rest) and Adventure Time (personally the series has some great moments and mature themes that fits into lineups and maybe use clips into Tom speeches or music videos). This shakes up Toonami. With a large fan base it has and once was one of most watched series on Netflix. Could say it would maybe be on Toonami if they bring the first three of young justice on their block to boost up the ratings and get more attention from new audiences then. It one of think most request show back when in the mid-2010s?

Naruto: Shippuden, One Piece and My Hero Academia are the three biggest anime in that lineup, which were airing around the end of Toonami 2:30-4:00 AM but came up. Don’t say I hate Dragon Ball and Naruto hell they are reason why get into anime but overtime seemed same shows and same episodes you’re seem like hundreds of time get over years get pretty boring and old quickly think they should pretty them not like get rid more like with there predecessor shows maybe airing the original Dragon Ball (Not Z, Kai or GT) the 1986. Sure it is childish and not action nor have serious tension like Z but it could help bring in a younger demographic like (10-15 years) to tone in.

List of shows that’s personal would like to see on Toonami lineups like Trinity Blood, Code Geass, Gunbuster Claymore, Goblin Slayer, Psycho-Pass,Gundam '79, Dororo, Supernatural: The Animation, The Galaxy Railways and hell what’s happened about RWBY (that’s owned by Warner Bros: Discovery)! Before Toonami came to Adult Swim. Adult Swim airing stuff like Blood+, Code Geass, Durarara!!, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Tenchi Muyo! and Yu Yu Hakusho. Bringing those series over to the block could create a new variety of line up between older fans and newer ones. Something new, yet familiar for the brand.

Those are my little suggestions of ideas to help Toonami change up here's lineup and fix up a few small major issues with the block. Make Toonami seem more interesting for long time and newest watchers. What ideas do you have for changing one thing for Toonami?

Conttactt

Toonami made an attempt to exist at 8pm a couple years ago and it was a disaster. The block just can’t compete with prime time content on other networks.

And of course, the biggest issue is their absolute lack of access to anything to air. They can’t even get the 3 hours they have right.

harry580

I would love if Toonami was expanded. Alas, right now the current lineup doesn’t interest me. And unless Adult Swim can get more shows to fill out the slot and draw in viewers it would be an uphill battle.

Would be well worth it.
well, the only shows adult swim can get is the likes of Futurama, king of the hill, american dad & bob burgers and those are fox (maybe Toonami can air king of the hill since people call this the best anime ever lol)

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
My issue is with the block being so late at night. Seems more like Adult Swim Action than Toonami.

As for shows, I'd like them to air Ninja Robots, Galaxy Express 999, Cyber Odeo and some other obscure stuff. Heck, even OG Astro Boy and Mazinger would be nice.

RunoMisaki573

My issue is with the block being so late at night. Seems more like Adult Swim Action than Toonami.

As for shows, I'd like them to air Ninja Robots, Galaxy Express 999, Cyber Odeo and some other obscure stuff. Heck, even OG Astro Boy and Mazinger would be nice.
Same here. I have first cousins once removed that are against staying up Saturday nights for Toonami, and they have church mass on Sunday mornings, which explains why my cousin is disciplining them. Even if they like shows like My Hero Academia and Naruto Shippuden, the only way they can watch these programs are through hulu, or if I share my crunchyroll subscription with them. Even with streaming platforms, the socialization aspect is all but lost. I mean, what gives if they can't watch Toonami at a reasonable time? With modern Saturday morning cartoon blocks no longer present for 9 years, it's best Toonami gets moved to Saturdays at 6 AM when adult swim signs off or 5 PM just when adult swim's about to sign on. That way, the "better" cartoon show can be more accessible, but the programming selection may need a makeover to better fit the daytime approach. Considering Toonami's and adult swim's family-friendly direction, programs like Black Lagoon and Michiko and Hatchin are a no-no for Toonami's timeslot changes.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Why on earth would 6 am be preferable? When CN moved shows like Rave Master and Yu Yu Hakusho to times that early, it was a punishment for getting lower than expected ratings. Even Kids WB never started that early.

RedTail

How about 1AM-2AM weeknights for long-running or cheaper legacy Toonami programming? Stick reruns of One Piece, Naruto, or DBZ on followed by something like B:TAS, Big O, Tenchi, etc.

Conttactt

How about 1AM-2AM weeknights for long-running or cheaper legacy Toonami programming? Stick reruns of One Piece, Naruto, or DBZ on followed by something like B:TAS, Big O, Tenchi, etc.
All that does is stretch the already microscopic budget even thinner for something people aren’t going to tune in for. The Toonami crowd has made it clear time and time again that they aren’t interested in reruns. Better to just put their full focus on Saturdays and making sure it always has 2.5 hours of premier content.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts