Something Interesting About TWWOMM And Minnie's Bow Toons (Possible Future For Disney Cartoons)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Full Title: Something Interesting About The Wonderful World Of Mickey Mouse And Minnie's Bow Toons (Possible Future For Disney Cartoons)

Let me try to explain this. When it was announced that Mickey Mouse (2013) would come back after a year long hiatus, it was said to come out on Disney Plus, and retooled into The Wonderful World Of Mickey Mouse. When it was announced that Minnie's Bow Toons would come back after 5 years (also under a new title), it was still on the Disney Junior youtube channel (as well as the Disney Junior block and channel). Isn't it interesting how the shorts show that has an older target audience got revived for streaming while the younger skewing shorts show is revived only for youtube? Why not put both on Disney Plus? This got me thinking that what if, at least for the foreseeable future, Disney has plans to invest their non preschool programming mainly for Disney Plus (excluding shows that are currently running and are upcoming) while leaving their Disney Junior content on television. I mean, all the upcoming Disney Junior shows like Eureka, Spidey And His Amazing Friends, Mickey Mouse Fun House, and Alice's Wonderland Bakery are all coming to Disney Junior on television while older skewing kids have a mix between television (the upcoming Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur and The Ghost And Molly McGee, as well as the currently running Big City Greens, Amphibia, and The Owl House) and streaming (like The Proud Family revival, Monsters At Work, and the Pixar shows, just to name a few).

It's not much of a surprise that preschool shows generally don't generate much discussion from older viewers. As such, it's no surprise that, outside of something like Sesame Street on HBO Max, preschool streaming shows don't get much discussion. I mean, if you talk about a streaming action show, it would be something like Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous, Kid Cosmic, or Invincible, not something like StarBeam (which I like). Disney probably sees that preschool shows don't have much of a notable buzz, and thus keep them on television.

There's also the same matter of revivals. The shows that have been revived for Disney Plus are either for older kids or target those who grew up with them (basically, anything TV-Y7, TV-G, or PG rated). Phineas And Ferb got a revival movie, Star Wars The Clone Wars got season 7, and The Proud Family has The Proud Family: Louder And Prouder, a revival series.

To close this out, I'm pretty sure the foreseeable future will see Disney Junior shows staying on television while non-Disney Junior shows will split between television and streaming.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts