wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Songwriter Richard Sherman Dead At 95"​

sherman.jpg

"Over the weekend, film composer and songwriter Richard M. Sherman passed on, the man most famous (alongside his brother) for creating the memorable melodies of one of the world’s most iconic musicals, Mary Poppins. We had him for quite a long time; the man lived to his mid-90s and kept working up to the end.

Sherman was born in 1928 and didn’t think of teaming up with his brother Robert Sherman to write songs until the early 50s, but once they did, every step was a step up. Their writing a song for Annette Funicello attracted the attention of Walt Disney, who put them on films like The Absent-Minded Professor and Sword in the Stone.

It was during the 60s and 70s, thanks to Mary Poppins, that work for the Sherman Brothers exploded: they would get gigs outside of Disney including writing the songs for Snoopy Come Home and Hanna-Barbera’s Charlotte’s Web adaption. They would also continue to work for Disney even after its namesake passed — The Aristocats and Bedknobs and Broomsticks are two more of their musicals."

Read the full article here.

Frontier

Staff member
At some point in your life you will have heard a song or a score he composed or some variant of it, that's just how prolific Richard Sherman was and how instrumental he had been to the most memorable of movie themes.

RIP Richard Sherman. An absolute legend.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts