Spider-Man is Married Again...Sort of....

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of Anime Superhero, a few days ago:

"Spider-Man is Married Again...Sort of...."

07crzfor.jpg

"Marvel just announced they’re reviving the Ultimate Universe, but not the previous one best known for introducing Miles Morales. This will be a different Ultimate with new takes on the Marvel characters, and it’s interesting what they’ve brought forth to hype it. The purpose of the 2000 Ultimate comics was to bring younger readers in. This one’s aimed at established fans, which is proved by Marvel basically yelling “THEY’RE MARRIED IN THIS ONE, DONCHA WANT IT?”

Continue Reading...

Comments?

Last edited:

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I don't mind the facial hair. I just don't like seeing Peter being depicted as "old. I always had a problem with the way Peter was depicted in Defalco's "Spider-Girl" series (Mayday Parker). He looked old, and acted like a "Leave it to Beaver /Father Knows Best" TV Dad caricature.

The depiction here looks more like they're trying to compete with that Superman TV series on the CW (where a young, good looking Superman is married and has young kids).

Last edited:

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
I don't mind the facial hair. I just don't like seeing Peter being depicted as "old. I always had a problem with the way Peter was depicted in Defalco's "Spider-Girl" series (Mayday Parker). He looked old, and acted like a "Leave it to Beaver /Father Knows Best" TV Dad caricature.

Well Spider-Girl Pete is mainly the Lee/Ditko version who was from that era or close if not him being born in the 60s.

At any rate, same Spider-Man who told the Chameleon, "End of the line commie!".
The depiction here looks more like they're trying to compete with that Superman TV series on the CW (where a young, good looking Superman is married and has young kids).

Fits at least since he has that Kryptonian DNA which is pretty much the same reason his redesign for JL Season 1 didn't work. Especially with Batman Beyond even establishing his slow aging.

Checking it out at any rate.

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Well Spider-Girl Pete is mainly the Lee/Ditko version who was from that era or close if not him being born in the 60s.

At any rate, same Spider-Man who told the Chameleon, "End of the line commie!".

Was that the rationale for that story? When the Mayday "Spider-Girl" series premiered around 1998 or 1999, I thought it was set in "the future" (circa 20 years from now). I thought it was kind of a comic book alternative to "Batman Beyond" (which also premiered on TV around the same time). But glancing at a few issues, I always thought "this future seems kind of bland and retro" (especially compared to Batman Beyond).

Maybe it wasn't supposed to "the future" at all. Maybe it was supposed to be "Spider-Man from the 60's grew up and grew old" and that was the present day, in 1999. with him having a teenage daughter.

But at any rate, yeah, I'm intrigued by the return of the Ultimate Universe (with a married Peter Parker).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts