Spider-Man: TAS "The Ravages Of Time" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate This Episode

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

Votes: 1 25.0%

• *1/2

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Discuss this Spider-Man: The Animated Series episode!

Episode #25 - Ravages of Time
Original Airdate - 25th November 1995

Silvermane has possession of the Tablet of Time and plans to use it to restore his youth. He sends Tombstone to kidnap Dr. Connors to figure out how to channel enough energy for the tablet to work. Meanwhile, Kingpin sends Hammerhead to kidnap Alicia Silver as a bargaining chip to get his wife back from Silvermane. With a war between the two titans of the underworld about to explode, Spider-Man must find a way to save all the hostages while making sure the Tablet of Time is returned to the right hands.

Comments?

Related Talkbacks:
"Tablet of Time"

Spider-Man

This episode brought to an end the Neogenic Nightmare arc if memory serves, and I'm glad. The arc had gotten incredibly convoluted, and this finale was just mind boggling. I will give props that it was able to juggle so many different threads and plots with ease, but lord - there was alot to follow!

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Spider-Man said:
This episode brought to an end the Neogenic Nightmare arc if memory serves, and I'm glad. The arc had gotten incredibly convoluted, and this finale was just mind boggling. I will give props that it was able to juggle so many different threads and plots with ease, but lord - there was alot to follow!

That was the next 2 parter, with The Vulture. Must be very confusing for people who have never seen the show to watch it on ABC, none of it is in order. A big no no when it comes to Spider-Man.

I thought this was the low point of The Neogenic Nightmare. The tablet of Time part of it just dragged, but it worked well when The Vulture used it in Shriek Of The Vulture. Not as good as part 1, which wasn't good anyway.

Nygma

*1/2

One question, who's the bonehead that gave this episode ***** anyway?

This episode was really dull, Silvermane wanting his youth back was tedious, and The Lizard getting beaten by Silvermane, um yeah.:sad: (The Lizard that gave Spidey a run for his money in the pilot was probably rolling in his grave after seeing this and The Lizard King.)

It was nice getting some insight into Kingpin's life, and I also liked Spiderman realizing Silvermane was the old man he saved. But these things couldn't save this episode.

Silvermane worked alot better in his first appearance where he wasn't the focus but more of a plot point. Here he was absolutely boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
In the comics Martha was hiding the fact that Curt is the Lizard, but here she didn't have to since Billy knew that from the very beginning

dmxx116

Silvermane has possession of the Tablet of Time and plans to use it to restore his youth.
10903header_banner3402856.jpg

http://marvel.com/videos/1112.spider-man_~op~1994~ep~%2c_episode_24

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts