"Star Wars: Skeleton Crew (Disney+ Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Premiere: Around Christmas 2024

2/4: A High Republic series that is kid-friendly and basically Stranger Things in space is in development for Disney+ and allegedly one of the writers of the novels will help in writing.

2/12: An unknown title with the working title "Grammar Rodeo" set to film in June.

High Republic show appears to be this Grammar Radio, shoots in June in London, aiming for a December 2023 release in place of the delayed Rogue Squadron, and is about the early adventures Avar Kriss, Elzar Mann, and Stellan Gios.

2/14: Casting call for what appears to be the High Republic show.
11 years old of any ethnicity to play “Wyatt”. Wyatt yearns for great adventures, but finds his attention easily diverted. He wishes to be the hero in any situation he finds himself in. Wyatt is described as a series regular.

11 years old of any ethnicity to play “Ned”. Ned is described as Wyatt’s bashful best friend. Ned is kind with a massive heart, but also tends to be a rules follower. That being said, Ned often finds himself pulled into Wyatt’s adventures. Ned is described as a series regular.

Young actress of non-binary actor of any ethnicity to play 12 year old “Faye”. Faye is described as rebellious and extroverted, but at 12 years old they already have a chip on their shoulder. Faye is described as a series regular.

12 years old of any ethnicity to play “Kylie”. Kylie is Faye’s best friend and is described as serious, intelligent, and keeps her emotions guarded, behind a wall. Kylie is also a series regular.

A man in his 30s to 40s as a series regular

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm not really sure about this.
High Republic is one of their big projects. Only a matter of time before it crossed into their live action media arm. They already working on The Acolyte, a show about the end of the High Republic Era. It only stands to reason they would also be working on a show that takes place earlier in the era before the current comics and novels. On one hand, do we need another pair of shows about Jedi and/or Sith? On the other hand, it can't be denied it's tantalizing to finally see more of the back story of the groups.

EDIT: Jon Watts might direct an episode for the Grammar Rodeo project.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
High Republic is one of their big projects. Only a matter of time before it crossed into their live action media arm. They already working on The Acolyte, a show about the end of the High Republic Era. It only stands to reason they would also be working on a show that takes place earlier in the era before the current comics and novels. On one hand, do we need another pair of shows about Jedi and/or Sith? On the other hand, it can't be denied it's tantalizing to finally see more of the back story of the groups.
Let me clarify. What I'm trying to say is that I'm unsure about it taking over Rogue Squadron's December 2023 release as while the film has been delayed, the release date hasn't been changed AFAIK.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
3/24: The mystery Grammar Rodeo project has been in pre-production for a few weeks and heads into production in June.

4/7: Jude Law cast in lead role for Grammar Rodeo/High Republic/Stranger Things in Space series.

5/17: -The Grammar Rodeo project involving Watts takes place during reconstruction post-ROTJ and is "a galactic version of classic Amblin coming-of-age adventure films of the '80s." Casting is underway for four children between the ages of 11 and 12.
--Ok, so not High Republic and closer in the timeline to the current shows. Interesting.

Last edited:

the greenman

-The Grammar Rodeo project involving Watts takes place during reconstruction post-ROTJ and is "a galactic version of classic Amblin coming-of-age adventure films of the '80s." Casting is underway for four children between the ages of 11 and 12.
--Ok, so not High Republic and closer in the timeline to the current shows. Interesting.
Grammar sounds like a retread of tv SW in the early 80s. Caravan stuff.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Why? Goonies is a shockingly bad motion picture. The fact that it's somehow beloved while being that outright crappy perplexes me.

the greenman

Huh, I was thinking it'd be more Rebels, but I guess it'll probably be similar in terms of being aimed at kids but still featuring the kind of content you'd expect from a Star Wars show :).
Yeah, they (studios & filmmakers) always seem to attach a well-known IP to support what genre they're trying to approach.

In terms of Clone Wars, I expect the Newsreel style. If not, Rebels would've been a better choice stylistically. I mean going from Goonies to CW?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, they (studios & filmmakers) always seem to attach a well-known IP to support what genre they're trying to approach.

In terms of Clone Wars, I expect the Newsreel style. If not, Rebels would've been a better choice stylistically. I mean going from Goonies to CW?
6/2: Yeah, I don't think we should take much stock from Goonies. He was just taking the most well known property he could think of off the top of his head and using it as a buzz word to give Kennedy a clear idea of what he was going for during the pitch meeting: A dude gets saddled with a bunch of kids and antics ensue. I guess he could have cited other 80s stuff a bit closer on spec like Space Camp, Adventures in Babysitting, Uncle Buck etc. but was afraid of getting blank stares. I think the title implies Jude Law's character might be part of a Rebels/New Republic crew in charge of mopping up planets after big battles with Empire remnants and some curious local kids want to check out his ship but get stuck on and Law's character finds them after a jump to hyperspace but can't go back because the ship is on auto or something like that so he's stuck with them for the time being and puts them to work.

7/7: Starting filming in late June at Manhattan Beach Studios.

7/17: Reportedly highest SW show budget yet and eyeing 2023 premiere.

7/21: It appears the Jaleel White rumor is related to Skeleton Crew.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts