Stations that aired "Iron Man" and "Fantastic Four" in syndication as part of "The Marvel Action Hour" in 1994-95

TMC1982

Going through old messages from Google Groups, I've tried to piece together a list of stations that aired The Marvel Action Hour (and subsequently, The Marvel Action Universe, when Marvel retooled both Iron Man and Fantastic Four in Season 2 and added Biker Mice from Mars to the mix):
  • Boston - WSBK (ch 38), Sundays at 9am or according to TV Guide 9:30 am (Iron Man) and 10 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Buffalo - WKBW (ch 7), Saturdays at 8am
  • Chicago - WPWR (ch 50), Sundays at 9 am
  • Cincinnati - WSTR (ch 64), Sundays at 10:00 am
  • Columbus - WSYX (ch 6), Saturdays at 6:30 am and 11 am (Iron Man); WWHO (ch 53), Sundays at 9:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • New York - WPIX (ch 11), Sundays at 9 am
  • Omaha - 6 am (Iron Man) and 6:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Philadelphia - WPHL (ch 17), Sundays at 10:00 am (Iron Man) and 10:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Rochester - WROC (ch 8), Saturdays at 6 am
  • Sacramento - KRBK (ch 31), Sundays at 6:30 am (Fantastic Four) and 10:30 am (Iron Man)
  • San Diego - KNSD (ch 39), Sundays at 5 am (Iron Man) and 5:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • San Francisco - KBHK (ch 44), Sundays at 10 am
  • Vancouver - KVOS (ch. 12), Saturdays at 8:30 am (Iron Man) and 9:00 am (Fantastic Four)

Last edited:

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
When it came to Washington DC, I believe it aired Saturdays on WTTG (ch 5) at 6:30 am (Iron Man) and 7:00 am (Fantastic Four).

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I was definitely watching it on WPIX 11 every Sunday. WPIX also ran the block when it became a weekday block, after the shows ran their original course.

Being unable to watch Fox Kids Saturday Morning lineup, I turned to WPIX and WWOR 9 for syndicated goodness on Sunday mornings. WWOR had the UPN Kids thing going in 1996 and Hulk was the flagship show but I can't remember if FF or Iron Man ever aired on that block when they added more Marvel shows.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TMC1982

Some more that I found via RadioDiscussions:
  • Albany, Georgia - WFXL (ch. 31), Saturdays at 7 am (Iron Man) and 7:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Detroit - WJBK (ch. 2), Saturdays at 10 am (Iron Man) and 10:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Hartford/New Haven - WFSB (ch. 3), Saturdays at 10 am (Iron Man) and 10:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Johnson City, Tennessee - WEMT (ch. 39), Saturdays at 7 am (Iron Man) and 7:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Knoxville, Tennessee - WTNZ (ch. 43), Saturdays at 7 am (Iron Man) and 7:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Miami - WDZL (ch. 39), Saturdays 6 am (Iron Man) and 6:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Milwaukee - WITI (ch. 6), Saturdays at 1 pm (Iron Man) and 1:30 pm (Fantastic Four)
  • Orlando - WKCF (ch. 18), Saturdays at 8 am (Iron Man) and 8:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Pittsburgh - KDKA (ch. 2) Saturdays at 12 pm (Iron Man) and 12:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Portland - KPTV (ch. 12), Saturdays at 10 am (Iron Man) and 10:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • Seattle/Tacoma - KTZZ (ch. 22), Sundays at 10 am (Iron Man) and 10:30 am (Fantastic Four)
  • West Palm Beach - WTVX (ch. 34), Saturdays 7 am (Iron Man) and 7:30 am (Fantastic Four)

Ultra8

Now all I/You can do
KTLA Channel 5 (Los Angeles, Ca) on Saturdays. I want to say either 8 or 9 am. I know at one point it moved to Sundays probably because KidsWB had started to get into the swing of things.
I think it was on Channel 45 in around the Mesa area of Arizona . Most likely Sunday because growing up it was Foxkids on Sat/ KidsWB on Sun when ever I visited my grandparents.
I can't remember what channel it was in Dayton, Ohio maybe 48 or 54?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hi, Light Lucario. I just want to mention that today is my birthday. I'll be having a nice family barbecue tomorrow to celebrate. Hope to hear from you soon.
Wonder why Nickelodeon still shows We Make Fun version 1 promo even though version 2 has been updated this year?
Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.

Featured Posts