Stranger Things "Calling Gloria" Talkback

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Miscellaneous Variety Section: Stranger Things #4 - Calling Gloria (Page 1)

A short, speculative story about every possible ending for the series. We'll see how this one ages!

I thought by the time this one got done we'd know SOMETHING about Season 5, but we don't. I can't shake the dread feeling that the show will end with El's death, in some kind of act of self-sacrifice, much like Season 1 only "for real" this time. I have zero evidence supporting this, but trope-wise it feels more likely than any other ending. The original, unused ending to Season 2 1/2 also dealt with this and was much more melancholy, with Mike and El sitting in the barn pondering the very real possibility their future does not end happily.

Of course, when I wrote that, I thought it was going to be the only Stranger Things comic I would make, and I took great care making sure the story fit into the actual show's continuity. That feels less important now. The last page of this one seems to be Mike and El blowing off official canon, whatever it turns out to be, by saying "screw you, we'll make our own future." Obviously, if these are just going to keep getting made, something's gotta give. A future story will delve a bit further into this. Stay tuned.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts