Stranger Things "War Of The Worlds" Talkback

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Can it be true -- ORSON WELLES IS IN HAWKINS?? How'd he get there? What is the famous well-bearded, well-opinionated director in for? Find out in Part One of our new Stranger Things story...WAR OF THE WORLDS!

I like putting in little period-accurate details no one else would think of, like the affiliate logo appearing below the ad break card on the TV. It was also nice to get the chance to draw a caricature of Stepfanie Kramer.

But writing Welles' dialogue was the most fun part of this whole thing. And yeah, I heard Maurice LaMarche in my head while writing this. I assume you heard him while reading this.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member

The first season of ST, like most first seasons of any show, had some elements that weren't repeated or just seemed to be forgotten about....like the fact that the original Demogorgon just seemed to be making portals of its own. Or El projecting faraway voices into speakers -- she's never done that again. Or Holly Wheeler. Wonder if she was eaten.

I don't know if the rest of you will find Vecna geeking out over Orson Welles as funny as I do, but it was a big motivator behind drawing this. Welles' anecdote of meeting the Fuhrer as a kid and finding him "dull" is something he actually said. It's from this interview on the Dick Cavett Show:

This story ends here, but you'll want to stick around for the next one. I've tried to alternate between light and heavy stories. This next one is HUGE, and I've been looking forward to drawing it for months. It'll take several months to tell. Don't miss it!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts