"Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League" Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League - Rate and Discuss this Video Game!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League is an action-adventure third-person shooter from Rocksteady Studios, creators of the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham series. Can ultimate band of misfits do the impossible to save the world?

SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE
Studio: Rocksteady Studios
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Platforms: Playstation 5, XBox Series X, PC
Release Date: Deluxe Edition, January 30, 2024; Standard Edition, February 2, 2024

Description: Featuring an original narrative set within an expansive open-world city of Metropolis, Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League puts the four DC Super-Villains on a collision course with an invading alien force and DC Super Heroes who are now laser-focused on destroying the city they once vowed to protect. All the while, the Suicide Squad must be mindful of the lethal explosives implanted in their heads that could go off at the first sign of defiance.

Each Squad member brings their own traversal mechanics to help them navigate a sprawling and battle-torn Metropolis, combining free-roaming exploration and combat verticality for an unforgettable experience. Players are free to experiment with a variety of different play styles to unleash maximum damage on their enemies. Whether in single player or online with up to three of your friends, players can take on this suicide mission their own way.

Post-launch, players can expect a continuously evolving Metropolis with free new playable villains, environments, weapons, in-game events, and more, all included with purchase of the base game.

Rate and Discuss Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League right here!

Related Discussion:

-The World's Finest Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Review (Spoilers)
-Suicide Squad: Kill Arkham Asylum Comic Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Arkham Trilogy Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Arkham VR Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Arkham Knight Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Arkham City Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Arkham Asylum Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Arkham Origins Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Assault on Arkham Animated Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-What should the next hypothetical Batman: Arkham animated title be about?
-Would you like an animated series based on the Batman: Arkham video game series?
-What would be your ideal Suicide Squad animated outing?

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
There's a clip from "Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League" that's going around online that's got some fans in an uproar.

It's the last time Kevin Conroy voices Batman - in video games at least. Some people are saying it's an unfit ending to Conroy's career, but IGN is pointing out Conroy is set to voice Batman two more times in upcoming animated projects.

I guess it's "spoilers" to the game, so I won't just post the clip here, but if you want the last appearance of Kevin Conroy's Batman (in the "Arkham Knight" series - and yes, "Kill the Justice League" is set in the same universe), then here it is.

EDIT: An update: Bruce Timm has confirmed Conroy is NOT voicing any roles in the upcoming "Caped Crusader". So that leaves "Crisis on Infinite Earths" as the final Kevin Conroy appearance.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Whenever somebody says, "That's the sickest thing I've ever seen," they are usually speaking in hyperbole. But it wouldn't shock me if a ton of people said it after seeing THAT. Ick.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Relax…Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Was Not Kevin Conroy’s Final Role"​

batman-the-animated-series.jpg

"Kevin Conroy, as I need to tell none of you, was an actor best known as the voice of Batman across several animated shows, movies and video games. When he tragically passed in 2022, it was unknown how many future unreleased projects he had left behind. The one we did know he contributed to was Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League, a multiplayer co-op game that’s been in development at WB Games for a long time now.

Suicide Squad comes out this week and the more news that’s come out about it, the warier the gaming enthusiasts have become toward it. It’s sounding like this is a turkey in the making and to make matters worse, Batman’s final scene in the game turns out to be the worst sendoff Conroy could possibly have."

Read the full article here.

Did anyone here expect an "Evil Batman" to be Conroy's last performance (in video game form?)

Spider-Man

I assume Im the only person who's played this game so far and Im enjoying it quite a bit. I've only played for a few hours but the story is good, the graphics are gorgeous and the combat is fun so far though I can see how it'll get repetitive fast if there's not more variety. When it comes to what happens in Batman here, I find the blowback to be pretty over the top. Kevin knew what he was signing up for and signed off of it. He knew the role and what was happening so I have no issue with what happens to his character in that aspect. And based on the name of the game it's laughable to expect otherwise. I'm curious to see where it goes and hope it all comes together well in the end. What I find actually disgusting and disrespectful is people saying how this game does Kevin dirty when that obviously isn't the case. He wouldn't have done it otherwise. There's been some hate for the game ever since it was announced. I never expected an Arkham 4 and others shouldnt either despite how much they convinced themselves it was coming and now here we are. There are legitimate complaints about the game especially when it comes to the online aspect and stuff but everything has been just blown up by a bunch of mad gamers. If people don't like the game then fine but don't disrespect Conroy by saying this garbage about him for internet points. I miss him every day like everyone else too. Be better. Anyways I assume this will upset people but that's not my problem. Its a good game so far and I hope it stays that way while I finish off the campaign.

the_joker

Can't think of a title
So this game is set in the same universe as the Arkham games, and the Batman from those games gets killed off unceremoniously in here. That would be unfortunate as as players have grown attached to that Batman after playing as him for so long; if some random Batman from an alternate universe were to have been shot down like that, people wouldn't have complained as they know almost nothing about that alternate Batman. I've only played Asylum so far, but I can imagine myself feeling similarly after playing the next Arkham games and eventually getting to this one.

As for this being Kevin Conroy's last role as Batman in a video game, I'd really call that bad timing. It's not as if he ever planned on this or his appearance in one of the Crisis on Infinite Earths movie being his last performance as the Dark Knight. He even died during the same year that Gotham Knights released, which also featured another Batman death. Again, just a number of bad timings as no one can see the future. And let's be real: not everything featuring Kevin Conroy as Batman has been loved, e.g. poor episodes of Batman: TAS.

Personally, I'm more pained by Tara Strong's still-lacking and forced performance as Harley Quinn. Too bad the later Arkham games also feature her as Harley Quinn, and that aspect of the games is one thing I'm kind of dreading.

Pooky

Staff member
Seems like WB is already calling this a flop, which has me wondering just how front-loaded video games sales figures generally are these days and just how quickly companies give up on them?

Moe

I'm waiting on sale for this game and not going to pay $70 for mediocre game.

Gotham Knights isn't great either.

Spider-Man

I finished the game over the weekend and while I enjoyed most of it the game definitely got more and more tedious and the ending was a bit of a letdown. Eventually the game just became the same rough missions over and over and then the ending itself isn't even really a final ending. The game ends by basically saying that the final fight needs to be done again and again when the upcoming seasons are added. The first one is in March right with the Joker? I am curious about what is coming but after finishing the story I'm not really excited about doing the same fights over and over again for the live service stuff. I don't know if I'll ever go back to it really.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.
It's been 17 years and 17 days since the Problem Solverz pilot for Adult Swim (Neon Knome) was made! Even though I do prefer the final product, I think this pilot would make for a good series on [as].
Episode 2 of The Amazing Digital Circus just crossed the 100 million views mark!

I dont know if CNNickFan is a new member or an old one I didnt notice before but I loved their post on Jamie Kellner. A much needed voice of Reason

Featured Posts