"Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
This isn't my favorite take on Supergirl, and it should be interesting to see how audiences respond to it, but I mostly imagine people watching it and comparing it to True Grit :p.

Also, she better have the skirt :rolleyes2:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
11/14: Gunn confirmed the search for a director has started.

12/25: Rumor roundup: Gunn is going to cast Supergirl and not the director they hire, Kara Zor-El is "umorous with punk rock edginess to her. Overall having a toughness to her due to her witnessing the death of Krypton as a child," Krypto will appear as well as the greater DCU, and the current plan is to start filming in the second half of 2024.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
12/25: Rumor roundup: Gunn is going to cast Supergirl and not the director they hire, Kara Zor-El is "umorous with punk rock edginess to her. Overall having a toughness to her due to her witnessing the death of Krypton as a child," Krypto will appear as well as the greater DCU, and the current plan is to start filming in the second half of 2024.
Wonder if that means some kind of 90's punk Supergirl with a mohawk and skirt :p?

Frontier

Staff member
Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
1/29: Reportedly films this fall.

1/30: Gunn comments on the casting, "Strangely, Milly was the FIRST person I brought up to Peter for this role, well over a year ago, when I had only read the comics. I was watching House of the Dragon & thought she might have the edge, grace & authenticity we needed for the DCU’s Supergirl. And now here we are. Life is wild sometimes."

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
1/30: Gunn comments on the casting, "Strangely, Milly was the FIRST person I brought up to Peter for this role, well over a year ago, when I had only read the comics. I was watching House of the Dragon & thought she might have the edge, grace & authenticity we needed for the DCU’s Supergirl. And now here we are. Life is wild sometimes."
Those were probably the main factor for this interpretation of Kara.

Also obvious bias from the creative head :p.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts