"Superman: Son of Kal-El (2021 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and discuss this Superman title from DC Comics!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
There's a new Man of Steel in Metropolis!

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #1

0521DC001.jpg

Art by: John Timms
Written by: Tom Taylor

Jonathan Kent has experienced a lot in his young life. He’s traveled the galaxies with his Kryptonian grandfather and lived in the future with the Legion of Super-Heroes, who were intent on training him for the day his father, Clark Kent, could no longer be Superman. There is a hole in the Legion’s history that prevents Jon from knowing exactly when that will happen, but all signs point to it being very soon. It’s time for the son to wear the cape of his father and bear the symbol of hope that has told the world who Superman really is. Join writer Tom Taylor and artist John Timms as they usher in a whole new era for the House of El! Also, “Tales of Metropolis” continues. Jimmy Olsen gathers his misfit heroes, including Ambush Bug and Gangbuster, to find out who the Projectress really is and why she set her sights on Bibbo!

Rate and discuss this DC Comics title!

Spider-Man

I had a suspicion but I'm absolutely thrilled DC is making it official:

Jon Kent, the DC Universe's new Superman and the son of Clark Kent, is coming out as bisexual in November's Superman: Son of Kal-El #5, by writer Tom Taylor, artist John Timms, colorist Gabe Eltaeb and letterer Dave Sharpe.
"I've always said everyone needs heroes and everyone deserves to see themselves in their heroes and I’m very grateful DC and Warner Bros. share this idea," Taylor said in a statement to DC. "Superman's symbol has always stood for hope, for truth and for justice. Today, that symbol represents something more. Today, more people can see themselves in the most powerful superhero in comics." The writer also shared the news on Twitter in celebration of Coming Out Day.

I could not be more excited! This is such big news and it's incredible to see this coming from DC Comics. It's great to see them realize just how important something like this is and how much it means to so many readers. This news will also be a test to see if fans can live by Superman's principles. I am enjoying this comic so far and I can't wait to see Tom Taylor explore all of this. This feels so great! Just amazing news!

Spider-Man

It's offical. DC just made a deadbeat dad out of Superman.
Not at all but ok.

#5 was a great issue and lived up to expectations. I'm also thrilled to see DC using their "Pride" logo on this title. I'll admit I was unsure of this book especially since I preferred Jon in his de-aged state but this book and this character have constantly surprised me in a positive way. Hats off to DC for doing this. It's a big deal for a lot of fans!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts