"The Adventures of Spider-Man" Graphic Novel Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and discuss these classic animated Spider-Man adventures!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
For the first time in the collected format, Marvel Comics presents the The Adventures of Spider-Man! Check out the new graphic novel series reprinting stories inspired by the 1990s animated series!

THE ADVENTURES OF SPIDER-MAN TPB-GN Vol. 1

Written by: Various
Art by: Various

Action-packed adventures of the amazing arachnid, told in awesome animated style! Tune in as Spider-Man takes on some of his most fearsome foes — with a few surprises along the way! Aerial combat is in store as Spidey faces the Vulture’s rage — but can he stand in the way of the rampaging Rhino’s revenge? Then, the wall-crawler finds himself squarely in the Punisher’s sights! And when Hammerhead strikes, he strikes hard! But when Spider-Man ends up on the wrong end of clobberin’ time in an encounter with the Fantastic Four, who’s the one pulling the strings? Plus: Web-Head joins the X-Men’s Beast and Gambit in battle with Mister Sinister to save the life of a young mutant! Collects Adventures Of Spider-Man #1-6 and Adventures Of The X-Men #3.

Discuss these classic comics right here!

Related Discussion:

Spider-Man Adventures Classic Comic Talkback (Spoilers)

Spider-Man

I picked it up too! I'm glad that these old stories are finally being reprinted. Its not getting the same treatment as the Batman and Superman Adventures comics but at least we're finally getting them collected. I still have my old trade of the first six issues they collected of Spider-Man Adventures and the one they had for X-Men Adventures from back in the 90s. I'm glad the new stories based on Spider-Man are getting collected as they never have before and I saw the details for the next two volumes on Amazon and it looks like they will finish the Adventures of Spider-Man comic in the next issue and then move on to stories published in Fox Kids magazine. I hope they decide to collect all of the Spider-Man Adventures comic too both the episode adaptations and the few new stories they had at the end of the book before they relaunched it as Adventures of.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Were these original stories? I read some Spider-Man Adventures way back when but those were issues that adapted TV episodes. It would have been cool if they used the 90s logo but it's just cool period that they'd reprint these old comics.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Spider-Man

Were these original stories? I read some Spider-Man Adventures way back when but those were issues that adapted TV episodes. It would have been cool if they used the 90s logo but it's just cool period that they'd reprint these old comics.
I wish they used the right logo too.

Issues #14 and 15 of Spider-Man Adventures were original stories and every issue of The Adventures of Spider-Man were original stories based on the cartoon. There is cover art at MAA so you can get a look: Marvel Animation Age Presents: Spider-Man

Hopefully Marvel will reprint issues #14 and #15 so we get those stories too plus I'd like to the adaptations to still collected.

Spider-Man

The third collection of these trades are out and it includes all the short stories from the old Spider-Man magazine from the 90s. These are really hard to find now and I can't be more happy that Marvel is digging these up and releasing them again. Here's the info on the latest trade: ADVENTURES OF SPIDER-MAN GN TP RADIOACTIVE (SEP191018) Now I had a few of these magazines as a kid but not all, so most of these short stories are new to me. They have some really nice old school artwork from Don Heck and others and it has some of Dan Slott's earliest work. These are so worth buying!

Spider-Man

I see that in the Marvel-Verse: Venom TPB coming out this week it includes the three-issue The Alien Costume adaptation from Spider-Man Adventures. Has there been any word on Marvel reprinting Spider-Man Adventures #1 - 15? I have them in single issue format, the same ones I've had since I was a kid but I would like to get these in collected format if they ever release them that way.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts