"The Batman: First Knight (2024 Mini-Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Discuss this DC Comics series!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Legendary writer Dan Jurgens and superstar artist Mike Perkins return to the earliest days of the Dark Knight, retelling one of his most infamous cases through an acutely modern lens, depicting a world paralyzed by anxiety and a desperate populace crying out for release!

THE BAT-MAN FIRST KNIGHT #1 (OF 3)

1223DC176.jpg
1223DC177.jpg

Writer: Dan Jurgens
Arist: Mike Perkins

The year is 1939. The world, still reeling from the horrors of the First World War, is on the brink of tipping into an even more gruesome conflict, as fascism is on the march--and gathering strength in America's darkest corners. Against this backdrop, a series of violent murders has begun in Gotham, and the recent emergence of the mysterious vigilante known as The Bat-Man has the power brokers of the city living in fear of institutional collapse. All of the evidence in the murder investigation defies logic: the perpetrators are all men who died in the electric chair. But when the Bat- Man comes face to face with one of these sickening anomalies, he barely escapes with his life--throwing into question his ability to survive in a world that is brutally evolving around him!

Rate and discuss this DC Black Label series!

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
I thought this was interesting. Dark and noir style as you would expect. I thought they did a good job of imitating the Golden Age costume, with the large Bat ears. Interesting to see early interactions of Gordon and Batman. After seeing Batman go off the rails so badly in modern comics, it’s nice seeing a back to basics approach rooted in history. For fans of historically based comic works like Roy Thomas’ Invaders and All Star Squadron, this is a must.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
THE BAT-MAN FIRST KNIGHT #2 (OF 3)

(click on the pics to enlarge)

Writer: Dan Jurgens
Arist: Mike Perkins

MONSTERS TERRORIZE GOTHAM IN THE DARK KNIGHT'S EARLIEST DAYS UNDER THE COWL! Monster men continue to terrorize Gotham City, but with the body count rising, the GCPD is no closer to solving the mystery behind these seemingly undead assailants, and the Bat-Man and Gordon are the only ones willing to brave the criminal underworld to crack the case. It's after a near-death brawl saving the mayor from the monster men that the Bat-Man must face a stark reality… are his fists and willpower enough to save Gotham?

Rate and discuss this DC Black Label series!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts