The CW4Kids Talkback: Dinosaur King [December 2009] (Spoilers)

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
cw4kids.jpg
dinosaurking.jpg

Meet the D-Team:

maxac9.png

Max is a 12 year-old dinosaur fan and the leader of the D-Team, a group of friends devoted to learning all there is about dinosaurs. He is the son of Dr. Spike Taylor, a Paleontologist. May is a typical 12 year-old boy with lots of energy and curiousity which can sometimes get him into trouble. Max's dinosaur partner is "Chomp" the Triceratops.

rexhy1.png

Rex is 12 years-old, a member of the D-Team and Max's best friend. His dad is a Paleontologist and a friend of Dr. Taylor's. Rex is living with Max while his dad is out in the field studying fossils. He is a bit more level-headed than Max, but can sometimes be short on patience. Rex is great with computers and extremely knowledgeable about dinosaurs. He is the brainy one of the D-Team. Rex's dinosaur partner is "Ace" the Carnotaurus.

zoedrakesq5.png

Zoe is a 12 year-old friend of Max's and a member of the D-Team. She is very fashion conscious and can be a little boy-crazy. Zoe is always calm in a crisis and not easily flustered. When there's a problem it's usually Zoe who comes up with the solution. Her older sister, Reese Drake, works at the Dino-Lab with Dr. Taylor. Zoe's dinosaur partner is "Paris" the Parasaurolophus.

spikeye1.png

Dr. Taylor is a world-renowned Paleontologist who loves his work out in the field and is a fanatic about dinosaurs. Dr. Taylor is the head of the Dino-Lab and is currently helping out the D-Team by investigating the mystery of the stones and dinosaur cards being found around the world. Nothing can make Dr. Taylor go a little nutty like talking about dinosaurs, so when he sees an actual real-life dinosaur... watch out!

Meet the Alpha Gang:

drzut0.png

Dr. Z is the leader of the Alpha Gang, an evil gang of villains dedicated to capturing dinosaurs. They hope to make lots of money one day off of organized dinosaur battles. He is a zany, evil egotistical guy whose goal is to become "Dinosaur King" by collecting all of the dinosaur cards hidden around the world. He uses his team of three bumbling villains to go out and find cards for him while he stays in the lab on Zeta Point, researching and experimenting with the cards he has already obtained.

ursulayl5.png

Ursula is one the members of the Alpha Gang. She is very conceited, act likes a queen and bosses around her cohorts, Ed and Zander who she thinks of as her underlings. Even though most of their ventures fail, Ursula is never convinced its her fault; it's only because her looser sidekicks bring her down.

zanderzk7.png

Zander is a member of the Alpha Gang. He tries to act like he's smart and sophisticated when in reality he's akward, nervous and afraid most of the time. Zander is usually the one who comes up with the plan...however, his plan generally fails.

edtc2.png

Ed is a member of the Alpha Gang. He is fairly quiet because whenever he does choose to speak, he gets yelled at by Ursula. He is a big coward at heart, and never wants to upset anyone, so he will follow his fellow teammates to the end of the world, no matter how scary the situation.

rodoy0.png

Rod is Dr. Z's 12 year-old grandson. He is smart beyond his years, especially when it comes to working on inventions with Dr. Z.

lauratr2.png

Laura is Dr. Z's 6 year-old granddaughter and Rod's little sister. She is a little genuis with numbers and makes money playing the stock market to help fund the Alpha Gang activities.

sethta8.png

Seth is the only intelligent member of the Alpha Gang; however, he doesn't like to associate himself with Ursula, Zander and Ed. He gets annoyed with the other three members and is the only real threat to the D-Team.

Saturday, December 5th: Episode 59
English Title: "Four Part Harmony"
Japanese Title: "Dino Journey To The West"

Episode Description: Max and his friends chase the space pirates to Ancient China where they encounter a famous monk, Sanzo Hoshi, who has a special talent that can help find the third Cosmos Stone.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
You know, if Son Goku shows up in this, and he turns out not to be voiced by Sean Schemmel, it'll be a crime. Probably won't happen, since we're apparently going with the real life inspiration for "Journey to the West" and not the legend itself, but still.

Golfkid

I enjoyed this episode, but thought the Space Pirate was a bit harsh on Son Goku.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
Actually, that wasn't Goku in this episode. That was Genzo "Xuanzang" Sansho Hoshi, the real-life inspiration for the "Journey to the West" story. Goku is less monk and more monkey.

Golfkid

Actually, that wasn't Goku in this episode. That was Genzo "Xuanzang" Sansho Hoshi, the real-life inspiration for the "Journey to the West" story. Goku is less monk and more monkey.

Thanks! I got the names mixed up.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star

cw4kids.jpg
dinosaurking.jpg

Saturday, December 12th: Episode 60
English Title: "Element of Surprise"
Japanese Title: "Xuanzang vs. Mapusaurus"

Episode Description: When Max and the gang use Sanzo Hoshi to track down the Space Pirates, they get sidetracked defending a small village and Sanzo gets snatched by the Space Pirates.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
cw4kids.jpg
dinosaurking.jpg

Saturday, December 19th: Episode 61
English Title: "Monk in the Middle"
Japanese Title: "Ryuta Transforms Into Sun Wukong"

Episode Description: With Sanzo slowing down Max and his friends at every turn the gang decides to ditch the old monk so they can quickly catch up with the Space Pirates but Sanzo has other ideas.

Mesousa

Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy
I guess it's a good time to make commenrary. I'm actually taking a break from Seitokai no Ichizon to watch this, sinc eI can't watch both at the same time.

SHORTEST COLD OPENING EVER.

Save the kids or themselves. It's a pretty wasy choice.

Yeah, actually, it was hard, but hey, at least they did something good.

Wow, Sanzo's too trustworthy.

Zoey: "Yay. We're out of the mud."
Super sarcastic girl, away!

Heh, praying can really make want to pray. Wait...

Zoey's only called "Pigsy" that because of her chest. Yeah, I wonder if this was from FUNi, they would've lampshaded it...

Ah, yes, Sun Wukong reference. Yes, I know stuff like this. And yes, I learned from the Koei Warriors games.

It's called "partying", guys. It's supposed to involve people getting drunk and stuff.

Wait, how is Ursula the Monkey King?

Sanzo was better when he was freaky.

That's right, chanting can move mountains.

What's with the cutting suddenly to another scene gags? The "Old Lady" gag (done twice) and now we suddenly see Dr. Z sneeze.

Of course he's not the real Sanzo, the real guy would never get drunk and party...maybe. :evil:

The real one can eat rocks? How te hell can that be a theory, it's just nasty.

He still followed them, jeez, I wonder if the "flying man" will notice that--oh, too late.

Oh, now you leave.

It looked like he was whining. Heh.

Zoey falls into---wait, to be continued, basically what every other episode of this season has ended.

I feel like my commentary was kinda rough here, eh, my fault. Back to watching Seitokai no Ichizon, then...

Golfkid

cw4kids.jpg
dinosaurking.jpg

Saturday, December 19th: Episode 61
English Title: "Monk in the Middle"
Japanese Title: "Ryuta Transforms Into Sun Wukong"

Episode Description: With Sanzo slowing down Max and his friends at every turn the gang decides to ditch the old monk so they can quickly catch up with the Space Pirates but Sanzo has other ideas.

Saw about the first two minutes, but had to leave for a "Birthday Breakfast" for my sister. Hopefull will be online quickly.

Golfkid

Zoey: "Yay. We're out of the mud."
Super sarcastic girl, away!

Heh, praying can really make want to pray. Wait...

Zoey's only called "Pigsy" that because of her chest. Yeah, I wonder if this was from FUNi, they would've lampshaded it...

What do you mean "called Pigsy" and why do you seem to hate Zoey?

Mesousa

Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy
What do you mean "called Pigsy" and why do you seem to hate Zoey?

See the episode. It's some sort of Chinese gag that 4Kids translated a bit too perfctly.

And for the love of Pete, I actually really like Zoey, I'm just joking around.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Am I the only one wondering why Max is missing from the first post and why Seth, who is currently out of the series, is still on the first post? Also, since Rod and Laura have been left in our time while the rest of the team is traveling through time and are getting very little screen time, then they too could be deleted from the first post.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts