The CW4Kids Talkback: Dinosaur King [March 2010] (Spoilers)

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
cw4kids.jpg
dinosaurking.jpg

Back-to-back new episodes today @ 8:00 AM!

Saturday, March 13: Episode 71
English Title: "The French Conniption"
Japanese Title: "I'm Louis VIII!"

Episode Description: In 17th-century Paris, Max and friends try to beat Shear and the Space Pirates to the next Cosmos Stone but end up butting heads with an orphan named D’Artagnan and his band of Teen Musketeers!

Saturday, March 13: Episode 72
English Title: "The Wee Musketeers"
Japanese Title: "Organize the Teen Musketeers Group!"

Episode Description: Max and the gang hurry to find the next Cosmos Stone and warn Princess Anne that the evil Chancellor Richelieu is up to no good but the Space Pirates are fast on their trail.

Mesousa

Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy
God, I hate the cliffhanger endings, for 3 reasons:

1. They've literally have done this in every slaggin' episode of this season, even the endings to the arcs!

2. They're pointless most of the time because it was some sort of a fake out.

3. Note that Max is a frequent victim of this.

Sunrise (teh aniamtors of this series), were you REALLY that desperate for ratings whne this aired in Japan?

Golfkid

Was Andrew Rannells in the episodes? I thought he quit voice acting a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Keep in mind there are only 9 episodes left and still two cosmos stones to go through, so they have to make each arc quick paced, and they felt cliff hangers did that better than solid endings each time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfkid

I didn't care for the part when the King was reaching outside the carriage and his butt was wiggling all over. :p It was really disgusting and I didn't find it all that funny.:sweat:

Light Lucario

Staff member
God, I hate the cliffhanger endings, for 3 reasons:

1. They've literally have done this in every slaggin' episode of this season, even the endings to the arcs!

2. They're pointless most of the time because it was some sort of a fake out.

3. Note that Max is a frequent victim of this.

Sunrise (teh aniamtors of this series), were you REALLY that desperate for ratings whne this aired in Japan?

Yeah, those are the same reasons why the cliffhangers annoy me. Especially the fact that it's always some kind of fake out. By doing it at the end of every episode, it kind of loses the intensity that cliffhangers usually leave on me.

Anyway, I thought that this was a nice introduction into the new arc. I kind of liked the last one the most so far, if only because of the crushes on the princess that Max and Rex had and I kept on thinking of Disney's Aladdin when I saw most of the characters. I still like how we're seeing all of these different time periods and historical figures. I thought that they kind of rushed the whole teamwork lesson thing since I guess that with only ten episodes left, the writers wanted to get through the last two Cosmo stones.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Yeah, those are the same reasons why the cliffhangers annoy me. Especially the fact that it's always some kind of fake out. By doing it at the end of every episode, it kind of loses the intensity that cliffhangers usually leave on me.

Anyway, I thought that this was a nice introduction into the new arc. I kind of liked the last one the most so far, if only because of the crushes on the princess that Max and Rex had and I kept on thinking of Disney's Aladdin when I saw most of the characters. I still like how we're seeing all of these different time periods and historical figures. I thought that they kind of rushed the whole teamwork lesson thing since I guess that with only ten episodes left, the writers wanted to get through the last two Cosmo stones.
9 episodes, 2 of which aired today. I wouldn't be surprised if CW4Kids ended up airing the final 3 episodes on April 3 and then restarted the series from the beginning, not just season 2, on April 10.

Golfkid

I agree. The cliffhangers have lost their edge, especially since you know that there's pretty good chance the character, (most of the it's Max) that's involved, proabably won't be hurt.

I actually thought the last arc was kinda funny since Max and Rex were fighting over the princess, the kisses that happened, and the fact that Zoe knew all along that they weren't gonna get the princess.

Mesousa

I didn't care for the part when the King was reaching outside the carriage and his butt was wiggling all over. :p It was really disgusting and I didn't find it all that funny.:sweat:

Well, this is the new and edgy 4Kids, from actually saying the word "kanji" to pretty much not being as edit happy as befo--

Actually, 4Kids has done a remarkable job to this show since the beginning, from getting pretty much everything right and the lack of edits.

Although, 4Kids, there are some scenes you could edit out, like what Golfkid said.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
Actually, I'm pretty sure there was at least one edit: my gut tells me that the "x"es on the musketeer's outfits weren't always "x"es, and were originally crosses instead. And Richelieu went from being "Bishop" to "Chancellor" (which isn't precisely correct, since according to Wikipedia, his more accurate political title at the time, depending on the precise date, would have been "Secretary of State", but is a perfectly pragmatic translation given the dubbing issues and audience).

(Partial) voice actor rundown:

Louis XIII: Sean Schemmel
"Chancellor" Richellieu: David Zen Mansley
Dumas: Mike Pollock
D'Artagnan: Andrew Rannells, apparently (and if so, welcome back, sir).
Princess Anne: Rebecca Soler

Mesousa

(Partial) voice actor rundown:

Louis XIII: Sean Schemmel
"Chancellor" Richellieu: David Zen Mansley
Dumas: Mike Pollock
D'Artagnan: Andrew Rannells, apparently (and if so, welcome back, sir).
Princess Anne: Rebecca Soler

There is one thing I have to criticize about 4Kids, though, they're slowly being a clone of FUNi when it comes to casting, as in, they're not being as different as before.

With the exemption of Mansley (never heard of the guy until now), everyone else already had roles in this show before. Heck, Soler already voices Shear.

Golfkid

There is one thing I have to criticize about 4Kids, though, they're slowly being a clone of FUNi when it comes to casting, as in, they're not being as different as before.

With the exemption of Mansley (never heard of the guy until now), everyone else already had roles in this show before. Heck, Soler already voices Shear.

Oh! I didn't realize it was Soler. I thought we were still debating on who it was, Amanda Brown (because I guess her name's in the credits) and after that, I don't know who the other options were.

Does anyone know the voices of the kids? I know the "main" lady, I don't remember her name (she just was a servant and she wants to protect the kids), was voiced by Bella Hudson.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
Anne is definitively Soler--I'm 99.99% sure of it. Listen to the scene when she speaks with Richellieu--it's basically Huntik's Sophie Casterwill sans accent.

As for the other teen musketeers, the blond one is voiced by Rachel Lillis-- that's the only one I'm sure about.

Were this something like One Piece, where you have tons of characters appearing regularly, I'd be right there with you. However, this, like Pokemon, is a different kettle of fish, with a metric ton of one-shot characters and the like. Given the relatively limited pool of NY actors (particularly for female roles) I think reusing actors will eventually be a given--at least, unless you go by the theory that those sort of minor roles are precisely the sort that should be given to unknown actors, therefore increasing the size of the VA pool. That said, I do think that reusing Michael Pollock this soon after the Japan arc is too much, even if he is well-cast in the role.

Soler voices Sheer? First I'd heard of it. I get that she's rather versatile, but I'd probably never have pegged her as that particular character--mostly I've just been assuming that her VA is a new one. Is there any evidence for this, or is this your conclusion based on her past work?

[NY VA Geekery]As for Mansley, he's been around, although mostly in TMNT, which was the first show to use him and where he played about 5 different prominent characters. He's also done some work for a few dubs (he was King Nebra/Cobra in One Piece), although he's not exactly a mainstay--right now I'd put him alongside someone like Michael Alston Bailey when it comes to prominence. [/NY VA geekery]

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts