The CW4Kids Talkback: Dinosaur King "Santa Saurus!" (Spoilers)

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
cw4kids.jpg
dinosaurking.jpg

Saturday, August 22nd: Episode 45
English Title: "Santa Saurus!"
Japanese Title: "Christmas of Megalosaurus!"

Episode Description: On Christmas Day, Rod and Laura from The Alpha Gang head to Max’s home aiming, if not to steal Christmas entirely, to at least make off with Max’s dinosaur cards. Caught up in the spirit of the season, Max’s mother invites the would-be thieves into her home over Max’s protests.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
This episode was soooo good. Sure, you could tell where the plot was going from the first minute, but the details and particularly the voice-acting made it great. Poor Rod and Laura.

cohenmarioman

I actually didn't see the episode, but how did 4kids make this a Chrismas special? Was it like a holiday think in the original?

Kouji Tamino

You Understand Nothing
I actually didn't see the episode, but how did 4kids make this a Chrismas special? Was it like a holiday think in the original?

Yes. Even though Christianity isn't very widespread in Japan, plenty of Japanese people celebrate the commercial aspects of Christmas (trees, gift giving, etc.) In fact, quite a few anime series that head into the winter months have a Christmas-themed episode whether it's the focus or just used as a backdrop like it was here.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this was a cute episode. I liked seeing how excited Spike and Aki were for the holiday season. It made me feel happy. This episode made me feel really sad for Rod and Laura. Sure, they're part of the evil team, but they're terribly home sick and the holiday season made them feel even more sad, especially when they saw Max's parents. It was cute how Aki brought them into the house like that. Though, it's still too bad that she doesn't know about the dinosaurs.

I didn't expect Dr. Z to just forget about a dinosaur card like that, but it was out of control. I had a feeling that it would case trouble for the Alpah Gang. My favorite part was when Rod and Laura really appreciated the gifts Max's parents gave them. It showed how they are polite and appreciative. I could kind of understand Max's feelings since I'm not sure if I would like something school related to be the first present I open for Christmas. Still, he went a bit overboard with throwing the book like that. The battle that they got into went by really fast, but I thought that it had some nice graphics. At least Max, Rex and Zoey kind of understand Rod and Laura a bit better now, hopefully.

Overall, it was a nice episode. It would have been interesting to see this in July for a Christmas in July kind of feeling, but it was nice to see a new episode of Dinosaur King after so long.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts