The original "Scooby-Doo" underscore by Ted Nichols!

wiley207

I wonder if anyone else here was aware that since late last spring, many of the classic "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" musical underscore cues by Ted Nichols have been uploaded online!
2743649640_1a1f1e6bf9.jpg

First off are the high-quality master recordings from this rare promotional CD! Don't be fooled by the "Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island" artwork. This CD, produced in 1998 by Warner Bros., contained pristine high-quality recordings of those Ted Nichols music tracks! Along with a bunch of other rare session stuff, much of it unused in the series, and many of them utilizing weird theremin sounds. It was falsely attributed to Hoyt Curtin, perhaps because he scored many more H-B cartoons than Ted Nichols did (and quite a bit of his stuff, like the music cues for "The Flintstones," "The Jetsons," "The Yogi Bear Show" and "Jonny Quest" HAVE been released on CD a few times before, most notably on the "Hanna-Barbera's Pic-A-Nic Basket of Cartoon Classics" CD set from 1996), and because he reused many of those tracks in "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" and "The Scooby-Doo Show" in addition to his own compositions.
archive.org/details/scoobydootheoriginalsessionmasters/

Just listen to that amazing sound quality, and relive the memories like you never did before!
This CD was presumably made for Warner Bros. and Cartoon Network employees (as by the end of 1999, H-B was now pretty much an in-name-only unit of Warner Bros. Animation), and I assume it got used in stuff like some of the WB/Cartoon Network Scooby-Doo bumpers that would utilize the old score (such as the "Scooby Universe" bumpers), along with "Night of the Living Doo" and the "Time Squad" episode "White House Weirdness."

Out of the "unknown"-labeled tracks, I do know Track 26 was used in the show. Also note Track 20, while apparently unused in any of the original shows, Gigi Meroni and Rich Dickerson actually remade it alongside the other older Nichols cues for use in the first season of "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" and the "Legend of the Vampire" and "Monster of Mexico" direct-to-video movies! Now THAT'S an amazing discovery, as I always thought Meroni and Dickerson were basically adapting the last third of "M15, Take 33."

archive.org/details/tednicholsunderscores
Here is another set of cues that includes lower-quality copies of many of the above cues (obviously sourced from tape) along with several "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" music cues by Hoyt Curtin, along with a handful of cues from "The Cattanooga Cats," "The Perils of Penelope Pitstop," "Josie and the Pussycats," and "Sealab 2020."

Hope you all really enjoy them! I know I have.

Last edited:

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
That's awesome. I wonder if any of the Birdman underscores or Super Friends underscores have been released?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts