The Super Hero Squad Show "If This Be My Thanos!" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment On This Episode!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Weibart

Intercept Now!
Reporter
Catch an all-new episode of The Super Hero Squad Show today at 8:30am (ET) on Cartoon Network!

The Super Hero Squad Show
Episode #12 - If This Be My Thanos!
Original Airdate - October 24th, 2009

It's a super-team team-up as the Squad helps out the Fantastic Four with an ambush from the alien Skrulls and Super-Skrull. Meanwhile, Dr. Doom is making a devious deal with a mysterious cosmic villain named Thanos. As the battle rages in the Baxter Building and outer space, our heroes find that both threats are connected and they may have to make a deal of their own to save the Earth!

Comments?

Check out more "The Super Hero Squad Show" details at Marvel Animation Age!

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Today's Hulk fractal transformation: a repeat of Gray Hulk.

This was a good episode if you like the Fantastic Four. This was Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic)'s and Sue Richards (Invisible Woman)'s 1st speaking appearances on SHS. Tara Strong did a credible job voicing Susie, and H.E.R.B.I.E. actually wasn't annoying here.

creativerealms

A pretty funny episode, especially the Paste Pot Pete jokes (At first then they started wearing thin) I don't think the "Mental Organisim Designed Only for Killing" can make fun of anyones name fairly.

And well the thranos in this episode was a fake.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
A guest shot by the Fantastic Four? As a long-time FF fan, you knew I had to comment on this one.

This episode contained all of the stuff you'd expect in a SHS/FF themed episode: Doom (of course!) hatching a plot, fighting with Skrulls and Super-Skrull, Reed and Iron Man being smart, Johnny being a hot-dog, Thing and Hulk going at it, and Sue being charming and cool as usual.

Nice plot twist on Thanos. I never expected that

"Thanos" would turn out to be a Skrull con-man disguised as Thanos, and that the "alien tech" he was after in the Baxter Building was just the formula for string cheese.

Another funny moment: when Abomination and MODOK kept teasing Trapster about his original handle being "Paste Pot Pete".

Pete: You guys are jerks!
MODOK: We're bad guys. We're supposed to be jerks!

As previously stated, Tara Strong performed double duty in this episode, voicing both Susie and H.E.R.B.I.E. Thankfully, H.E.R.B.I.E. was a helpful assistant here and not the annoying Scrappy-Doo character he was in the New Fantastic Four series of 1978.

I would like to mention a few minor observations about the FF's portrayal here:

While I like the outer design of the Baxter Building in SHS (in fact, from a design standpoint, I like the layout of Superhero City as a whole; someone make this into a playset!), the interior designs of the building were kind of bland. What was with all of the green in Reed's lab? World's Greatest Heroes had the best looking lab layout on TV so far.

But the one thing I really appreciated here was the team's uniforms. These FF costumes are a VAST improvement over the white WGH costumes, although that doesn't take much. If Thing isn't going to wear a shirt, he should at least wear pants, boots and a proper insignia on his belt like he had here, not those low riding sweatpants, no shoes and a spray-painted '4' on his chest from WGH.

Overall, a fun episode. I give it a 3.5 out of 5. I would've liked to have seen Doom make some sort of remark about his hatred for Reed Richards, but that's minor.

Look for the Skrull disguised as Brittany Bratton (from "A Brat Walks Among Us!")!

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Great episode :anime:
I'm surprised that this episode did not involved fractals
I like the part when they where making of the Trapster(Paste Pot Pete) name XD

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
HEATXZ said:
I'm surprised that this episode did not involve fractals

The fractals were at least mentioned here: "Thanos" claimed that he could find all of the fractals on Earth with the Infinity Gauntlet, which is why Doom agreed to the partnership.

R-Taco

Just A Little Bit Crazy
Compared to the rest of the episodes, this one actually had some pretty good dialogue. It's the first one so far without any groan-wrothy jokes.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts