This Week in Comics: 8/24/21

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Welcome to "This Week in Comics" for August 24th - August 30th!

This is the place to discuss the comics you've bought this week, whether it be a brand new title or old back-issues. We also welcome and encourage talk about comics in general - news you've read on comic news sites, the state of the industry in general, upcoming issues you're excited about, etc. All we ask is that you please use spoiler brackets in the event that your comments get too detailed concerning a particular storyline. This way the book won't be ruined for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

For a full list of new items shipping this week, click here!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlights of the Week:

Star Wars: Darth Vader #15

medium-2871075.jpg

Synopsis: "THE ASSASSIN’S CHOICE"

Mere months ago, OCHI OF BESTOON was the assassin who dared to take on DARTH VADER himself in the fiery lava pits of MUSTAFAR. Now Ochi serves Vader as his most loyal agent during the WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS. Who is Ochi of Bestoon? What are his true goals? And how have the secrets of EXEGOL shaped him forever? Also featuring the next great reveal about BOKKU and the Hutt Council!
(WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS TIE-IN)

Robin #5
medium-4049731.jpg

Synopsis: Robin reunion! Nightwing, Red Hood, Tim Drake, and Spoiler guest-star as they track Damian down with a plan to bring the young hero back to Gotham. Back to his family. But the son of Batman plans to win the Lazarus Tournament and refuses to return. What starts as a happy reunion quickly turns into a Robin rumble!

King Spawn #1
medium-8554690.jpg

Synopsis: A historical NEW ongoing SPAWN series begins! The launch of this book, nearly three decades in the making, further expands the SPAWN UNIVERSE with a growing presence of Hell, Heaven, and Heroes here on Earth. A classic villain from Spawn's past has begun asserting his powers on Earth by corrupting as many souls as possible. And only Spawn knows that he even exists. Continuing the dramatic battles from SPAWN'S UNIVERSE #1, this is where it all begins! Don't miss out...the last time a new ongoing SPAWN series launched was in 1992.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I discovered recently that Marvel Unlimited (Marvel's digital comics library) moved their "new releases" to a 3 month delay behind print publication. It used to be a 6 month delay.

DC Infinite, (DC's digital comics library), adds new comics to their service 6 months behind publication date, but it's not across the board. They will add newer comics in spurts (probably in an effort to get people to buy the new print or Comixology versions).

Here is the list of what DC Infinite is adding to it's service in August (I wish Marvel did a handy list like that). So both services have their perks and hinderances.

I just recently started trying to get back into reading comics, so I have a subscription to both, and this is how I try and keep up with "new" comics.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts