TNA "IMPACT WRESTLING" 2013 Talkback (Spoilers)

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
IMPACT WRESTLING kicked off 2013 with the return of Sting, Jeff Hardy being named Wrestler of the Year, Hulk Hogan suspending Bully Ray and Kurt Angle unmasking former WWE star Mike Knox as a member of Aces and Eights. This one thread will house Total Nonstop Action Wrestling in-ring action and news for the entire year, including pay-per-view events. Genesis is already this Sunday!

spike.jpg
TNA.jpg

hobbyfan

I think TNA has set a record for most times having Jumped the Shark.

Like, Bully Ray proposing to a woman 1/2 his age?! And they're booking the wedding for next week? They're begging for Aces & Eights to crash the party and have some sort of heel turn somewhere in there.

What they're doing here is a case of Bruce Prichard (because he was there at the time) recreating the whole Stephanie McMahon angle with the late Test back in '99, but with a worse actress (Brooke Hogan) and an aging veteran brawler (Bully Ray). Why do I have this feeling Brookie's getting tabled?

Aces & Eights is dying on the vine, but the fact that Ken Anderson & Devon have been "recruited" to be part of this gimmick should give away that this IS Eric Bischoff's baby all the way, and that Sleazy E is the VP. Just give it up, Eric. You're more out of touch with reality than Vince McMahon.....

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
January 17, 2013

You're invited the Brook & Bully Ray's wedding. That is, if you want to go.

spike.jpg
TNA.jpg
TONIGHT on IMPACT WRESTLING: The Wedding Of Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan

Tonight is a very special IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV at 8/7c, as the entire world is invited to the wedding of Brooke Hogan and Bully Ray! If you can't watch it Thursday night, make sure to set your DVR to record this history-making event!

IMPACT Video Preview - CLICK HERE TO WATCH

RSVP For The Wedding on Facebook - CLICK HERE TO RSVP

- Wedding bells will ring on Thursday's IMPACT broadcast as Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan will be married LIVE in the middle of the ring! The big question is, how will Brooke's father - the legendary Hulk Hogan - react to the wedding? Will he let his daughter marry Bully Ray? Or, will he use his power to try and stop the ceremony from taking place? The entire wrestling world will be watching on Thursday night to find out what happens!

- Thursday's IMPACT will also feature the aftermath from the "Genesis" event! Jeff Hardy is still the World Heavyweight Champion after defending the gold against Austin Aries and Bobby Roode! What's next for "The Charismatic Enigma" as the road to March's "Lockdown" begins? Tune in and find out!

- Also at Genesis: Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez retained the Tag Team Title, Rob Van Dam beat Christian York to keep the X Division Title, Velvet Sky is the new #1 Contender to the Knockouts Title, Christopher Daniels beat James Storm to earn a shot the World Heavyweight Championship on the January 24 IMPACT, and "The Icon" Sting returned to action and beat D.O.C. from the Aces and Eights!

- Also on Thursday's IMPACT on SpikeTV, the contestants from TNA GUT CHECK will face the judges! Will they earn contracts and become members of the roster - or will they fall short in their quest to make it big in pro wrestling?

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV at 8/7c

hobbyfan

Well, I called it. Aces & Eights crashed the party. I read the results over at Lords of Pain, and, well, Taz has been known to be a bandwagon jumper in the past. No surprise there, but when will they admit this is a dead gimmick?

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
March 14, 2013

IMPACT hits the road starting tonight in the aftermath of Lockdown! Bully Ray is now the World Champion having defeated Jeff Hardy and after his victory, he revealed himself to be the President of Aces & Eights.

spike.jpg
TNA.jpg
Preview Tonight's IMPACT: LIVE from Chicago on SpikeTV - Lockdown Aftermath!

Tonight, March 14, “IMPACT WRESTLING” will be LIVE on SpikeTV as we return to Chicago and the Sears Centre Arena on March 14. Chicago’s Sears Centre Arena was home to “Bound For Glory 2008” setting, at the time, the highest TNA attendance record.

- Thursday's huge IMPACT will feature the aftermath of the Lockdown event! Tune in for footage and news as the fallout continues on SpikeTV!

VIDEO: Click here to watch an exclusive preview on YouTube

- Not only did Bully Ray win the World Heavyweight Championship in the main event at Lockdown, but he shocked the wrestling world by revealing he was the President of the Aces and 8s all along! The new World Champion - along with his Aces and 8s - will be at Thursday's LIVE IMPACT! How will Hulk Hogan and his daughter Brooke react to what happened? Will Bully Ray and The Aces have hell to pay on Thursday - or are they about to completely dominate TNA and IMPACT WRESTLING?

- Team TNA was triumphant in the Lethal Lockdown match, as Sting led his warriors in a win over The Aces and 8s - but with Bully Ray now champion, the Aces are stronger than ever!

- Plus, Thursday's LIVE IMPACT will feature the return of AJ Styles! The question is, what will AJ say to the wrestling world after his recent disappearance? What does his future hold - and what is the story behind the recent footage captured by TNA cameras?

All this and much more on SpikeTV!

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
May 30, 2013

The TV season is pretty much over and summer TV is getting started. There could not be a better week to check in on IMPACT WRESTLING, which moves back an hour to 9 p.m. ET for the summer (at least). As it turns out, Slammiversary is this Sunday!

Current IMPACT Champions
World Champion: Bully Ray
Television Champion: Devon
World Tag Champions: Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez
X Division Champion: Kenny King
Knockouts Champion: Mickie James
Knockous Tag Champions: ODB & Eric Young

spike.jpg
TNA.jpg
TONIGHT ON IMPACT: New Time at 9/8c - Sting and Joseph Park vs. Bully Ray and Devon

Preview Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV from Tampa, Florida, at the NEW START TIME OF 9/8c - one hour later! Make sure to set your DVR for the new start time!

- Thursday's broadcast will feature the final countdown to Slammiversary with a huge main event match that will start the broadcast at 9/8c: "The Icon" Sting will team with Joseph Park to battle World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray and Devon of The Aces and Eights! With just days before Slammiversary, will all hell break loose when Sting and Park battle one of the greatest tandems in wrestling history in Team 3D? Will Bully Ray try to eliminate Sting before their World Title main event? With Joseph Park in action - will "The Monster" Abyss make another unexpected appearance? Don't miss the opening to Thursday's broadcast!

- After spoiling the patching-in ceremony by the Aces and Eights this past week, AJ Styles will be in action on Thursday against Mr. Anderson! However, plenty of questions still surround Styles - despite burning the Aces, AJ also blasted Kurt Angle! After being made a fool, will Anderson try to get revenge on Styles? Will AJ explain his actions from this past week? Just when we think we know the answers - AJ changes the question!

- Also on IMPACT, it will be mixed tag team action with Chris Sabin and Taryn Terrell taking on X Division Champion Kenny King and Gail Kim

-Also, a HUGE 8 man tag team match will occur this Thursday on IMPACT as Chavo Guerrero, Hernandez, James Storm, and Gunner team to take on Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Daniels, and Kazarian.

- Plus, more news and updates on Slammiversary, Thursday on SpikeTV at the NEW START TIME of 9/8c!

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
"Hardcore Justice" August 15, 2013

Tonight, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling presents Hardcore Justice! The World Heavyweight and Knockout Championships will be on the line tonight as well as a lot of Bound For Glory Series points.

Tonight's five-on-five Aces and Eights vs. Main Event Mafia match will apparently not take place tonight and has been rescheduled for next week. See below in the official IMPACTWRESTLING.com preview below.

Current IMPACT Champions
World Champion: Chris Sabin
Television Champion: Abyss
World Tag Champions: Gunner & James Storm
X Division Champion: Manik
Knockouts Champion: Mickie James

spike.jpg
TNA.jpg
TONIGHT: Hardcore Justice on SpikeTV at 9/8c | VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED!

STEEL CAGE MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
World Heavyweight Champion Chris Sabin vs. Bully Ray of The Aces and Eights
(If Bully Ray loses, he will never get another title shot!)

The much-anticipated World Title rematch that fans have been waiting for finally takes place on Thursday night inside the confines of the Steel Cage - with no outside interference from the Aces and Eights or Main Event Mafia! Can Chris Sabin continue his amazing storybook reign as champion - or will Bully Ray reclaim the title he claims was "stolen" from him? Bully only has one shot at the gold - if he loses, he will never get another chance at the World Title!

- Note: The Aces and Eights vs. Main Event Mafia match is delayed until the August 22 IMPACT

BOUND FOR GLORY SERIES LADDER MATCH
Jeff Hardy vs. AJ Styles vs. Austin Aries vs. Kazarian
(The winner receives a huge 20 points in the BFG Series!)

Thursday's "Hardcore Justice" special will feature an all-important "Bound For Glory Series" bout with a HUGE 20 points going to the winner! Four of TNA's most experienced Ladder Match warriors will battle - Jeff Hardy vs. AJ Styles vs. Austin Aries vs. Kazarian - with the winner closing the BFG Series point gap to catch current leader, Magnus!

BOUND FOR GLORY SERIES TABLE MATCH
(The winner receives a huge 20 points in the BFG Series!)

Just signed for Thursday's "Hardcore Justice" edition of IMPACT on SpikeTV is a special four-way "Bound For Glory Series" Table Match, with 20 points going to the winner! It will feature BFG Series leader Magnus vs. Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Roode vs. Ken Anderson of The Aces and Eights! Can Joe win and finally claim the top spot in the Series? Roode and Anderson certainly need the points to stay alive in the competition! How will Roode's new alliance with Christopher Daniels and Kazarian help him get the points he needs? Or, will Magnus win again and take the ultimate commanding lead? Thursday's hardcore edition of IMPACT will certainly shake up the standings in the BFG Series!

KNOCKOUTS TORNADO TAG TEAM MATCH
(No Disqualification, No Countouts)
Knockouts Champion Mickie James and Gail Kim vs. Velvet Sky and ODB
Don't miss the lovely but lethal Knockouts in action on Thursday night as Knockouts Champion Mickie James teams with Gail Kim to battle former champion Velvet Sky and ODB!

hobbyfan

Velvet Sky was scratched at the last minute, no explanation.

Beer Belly Ray is champ again, but Aces & 8's, friends, have definitely jumped the shark by taking in Tito Ortiz. Please. His Bellator fight with Rampage ain't for another 2 1/2 months, and so they decide he's joining this band of aging losers? Idiocy abounds as usual!

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
I missed all but last the ten minutes of Destination X, so I believe this was my first "PPV for free" from TNA and I can't say I was that impressed. I think it needed something else to give it a big night feel. Expanding to three hours for only nights like this might have done it, but I'm not sure. I suppose this was less talking than your average episode, but the Main Event Mafia-Aces & 8s got not match far too much attention. It was supposed to be the secondary main event; they should have just replaced Kurt Angle by the end of the show and had that match. I couldn't care less about Tito Ortiz showing up (How many times has he done that now?) and care even less (which is actually not possible) about his joining Aces & 8s or whatever.

I think Bully Ray is a solid (at least for TNA) main event heel, but I was disappointed to see him beat Chris Sabin for the World Title. If he keeps it for a while, it will be a missed opportunity.

I haven't watched IMPACT all the much the last several months, but I am still worn out on [strike]The nWo[/strike] Aces & 8s. When they first showed up and starting creating havoc, there was such an immediacy and an urgency and now that almost nothing has changed, the whole thing has just fizzled. And [strike]Sting[/strike] A.J. Styles being the black sheep of the organization he was once the face of, seems to have just been forgotten.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
October 17, 2013

The biggest IMPACT Wrestling event of the year, Bound for Glory is this Sunday on pay-per-view. A.J. Styles won the Bound for Glory Series by defeating Magnus on the special No Surrender episode to earn a shot a the World Title.

Current IMPACT Champions
World Champion: Bully Ray
World Tag Champions: Gunner & James Storm
X Division Champion: Manik
Knockouts Champion: ODB

spike.jpg
TNA.jpg
TONIGHT on IMPACT on SpikeTV 9/8c: The Final Countdown To Bound For Glory

Preview tonight's huge IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast at 9/8c on SpikeTV! If you can't watch the action on Thursday, make sure to set your DVR!

- Thursday's IMPACT will feature the final countdown to Sunday's "Bound For Glory" epic event! With just days before the PPV, what will happen on this can't-miss broadcast? Plus, what does TNA President Dixie Carter have planned for the roster?

- IMPACT will feature the official contract signing between World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray and challenger AJ Styles for their main event match at Bound For Glory! However, what is AJ's physical condition after the brutal attack by Bully Ray with a steel chain this past Thursday night? AJ claims nothing will prevent him from competing in the main event at BFG. However, sources say that TNA President Dixie Carter has a plan to to truly test AJ's determination and resolve! What does Dixie have planned for Styles on Thursday night? Don't miss it!

- Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle made his surprise return this past week, ruining EGO's "Hall Of Fame" mockery! On Thursday, we will hear from Kurt Angle for the first time! What will he have to say about his return match at Bound For Glory against Bobby Roode, as well as his upcoming Hall Of Fame introduction at BFG?

- Also scheduled for Thursday: A preview of the Ultimate X Match at "Bound For Glory" as Chris Sabin battles "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe in singles action!

- In addition, in a preview of the BFG Preshow Tag Team Gauntlet, this Thursday it will be Eric Young vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Hernandez vs. Robbie E! Whoever gets the first pinball or submission earns the advantage in the Preshow Gauntlet match, with the winners getting a shot at the Tag Team Championship later that night!

- One-half of the World Tag Team Champions - Gunner - will battle Knux from the Aces and Eights!

Plus, more news and updates on TNA's biggest event of the year! Don't miss Thursday's IMPACT on SpikeTV as the face of "Bound For Glory" could change in one night!

hobbyfan

I haven't been watching Impact much lately, just reading the results online, which is just as well, because it's plunged further down the drain.

Now they want to recreate Austin vs. McMahon here with Dixie Carter vs. AJ Styles? WTF? Bischoff gets blamed for this, as he's the only one left who could've green-lighted this shiznit. Prichard is gone (watch, Brother Love will show up in WWE before the year is out), but Bischoff & Carter just can't let go of a dying angle that jumped the shark months ago. I'm sorry, but the only wrestling I'll watch now is the one show that doesn't have a talkback----Ring of Honor.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
November 28, 2013

Grab some more turkey and check out IMPACT Wrestling's annual Thanksgiving night special.

Current IMPACT Champions
World Champion: VACANT
World Tag Champions: The Bromans (Jessie Godderz & Robbie E)
X Division Champion: Chris Sabin
Knockouts Champion: Gail Kim

spike.jpg
TNA.jpg
Thanksgiving IMPACT Preview: Team Angle vs. Team Roode and more! Thursday 9/8c on SpikeTV

Preview Thursday's special Thanksgiving edition of IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV at 9/8c - if you can't watch the action on Thursday, make sure to set your DVR!

- IMPACT continues the longtime tradition of pro wrestling on Thanksgiving! After the turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes, join the rest of your family for a night of IMPACT WRESTLING! TNA President Dixie Carter will host the Thanksgiving special, and she promises a night to remember!

- Speaking of Thanksgiving tradition, the infamous TNA Turkey Costume returns on Thursday night! Who will be humiliated and forced to wear the Turkey Suit on the broadcast? Tune in and find out!

- The Main Event of the Thanksgiving broadcast will feature Team Angle vs. Team Roode in an 8 Man Elimination Match! As the war between Kurt Angle and Bobby Roode continues, who will they pick to join them in battle in the huge tag team match on Thursday night?

- After beating Bully Ray this past week and forcing the Aces and Eights to disband, Mr. Anderson is holding a public funeral for the end of the Aces and Eights on Thursday's broadcast!
All this and much more on Thursday's special Thanksgiving edition of IMPACT starting at 9/8c on SpikeTV!

The Dork Knight

The saddles do what now?
Tenay swiping the booty shorts was the best thing he's done since the look of DISPLEASURE~! he gave after Don West turned heel in 2009.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
December 5, 2013

So I tried watching the build-up to Bound For Glory and I just couldn't get into it. I had intended to tune in the week after and see the fallout (plus The Bromans won the Tag Titles) and I just didn't get to it. Thanksgiving seemed like a good week to check in so I did just that. It wasn't terrible I guess, but it feels like something is missing and/or lacking (and it's not Hulk Hogan).

When Dixie talked about a Thanksgiving tradition, I thought she was going to say Survivor Series and then she said "Winner, Winner Turkey Dinner" instead. ;) Survivor Series is a long established tradition, but I never understand why TNA co-opts it seemingly every year.

On reason I was glad to tune in was I liked seeing the former Derek Bateman as Ethan Carter III. I'm not part of WWE talent development, but I was disappointed that they got rid of him and am happy to see him back on my TV. EC3 looks incredible, the time off served him well.

Also happy to see Zema Ion back and with the Bromans. I was relieved the jobbers put on the turkey suits (you can't put the Tag Champs in turkey suits). TNA copies a popular WWE tradition with the Thanksgiving elimination match, but won't let their lame one die.

I feel I missed out by not seeing the end of the Aces & 8s, but the funeral was one of those typical TNA segments where the laughs come from a combination of something that is actually funny and something that is so unbearably and unintentionally sad that it's funny.

Tonight features the final four of World Title Tournament, so I'm checking it out again.

spike.jpg
TNA.jpg
IMPACT Preview: Title Tournament Semis | Hardy vs. Roode | Angle vs. Magnus | TONIGHT on SpikeTV

Preview Thursday's huge IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast at 9/8c on SpikeTV! if you can't watch the action on Thursday, make sure to set your DVR!

- Next Thursday, it will be the Semi-Finals of the ongoing World Heavyweight Championship tournament, with the two winners advancing to the FINALS to crown a new titleholder! The Final Four are set, and one of these four superstars will become the NEW World Heavyweight Champion: Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, Kurt Angle or Magnus!

WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT SEMIFINAL
Tables Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode

WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT SEMIFINAL
Last Man Standing Match
Kurt Angle vs. Magnus

- Christopher Daniels and Kazarian have informed TNA officials that they plan to EXPOSE Joseph Park once and for all on Thursday night! According to Daniels and Kazarian, they took a road trip this week to find out the truth about Park - and came back with evidence that could destroy him! What will Daniels and Kazarian reveal about Park this Thursday? Tune in and find out!

- In addition on IMPACT, World Tag Team Champions The Bro Mans will battle the former titleholders James Storm and Gunner

- Plus, TNA Knockout Champion Gail Kim's Open Challenge continues - is there anyone that can step up to beat the Women's World Champion?

- Ethan Carter III (aka EC3) is going to challenge a Legend! Watch the #IMPACT365 Video

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast at 9/8c on SpikeTV

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts