"Transformers: Rise of the Beasts" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
TransformersRiseoftheBeasts.jpg

Returning to the action and spectacle that first captured moviegoers around the world 14 years ago with the original Transformers, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts will take audiences on a ‘90s globetrotting adventure and introduce the Maximals, Predacons, and Terrorcons to the existing battle on earth between Autobots and Decepticons.

RELEASE DATE: June 9, 2023
FORMERLY: June 24, 2022

1/27: Rumors James Vanderbilt has been writing a Beast Wars movie since April and John Wick 3 EP Joby Harold is attached to the Bumblebee kinda-sequel.

5/2: A Transformers live action movie set for June 24, 2022.

11/16: Steven Caple Jr. hired to direct next movie.

2/15: Movie reportedly takes place in the 90s and is "a heist film that will span from Brooklyn to South America."

The 'basically a follow up' to Bumblebee is casting for a lead with Tessa Thompson, Ruth Negga, Jurnee Smollett and Zoe Kravitz named as examples for casting.

4/1: Caple Jr.'s movie has found its lead actor, Anthony Ramos.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Filming for the untitled Transformer movie started this past Monday and on Thursday's Daily Show, Ramos mentioned he's in Montreal to film Transformers and he just got a Driver's License so he could do car scenes.

Rabbitearsblog

Good, I say. Even though the first movie was pretty decent, things just went downhill with this franchise starting with the sequel and they just got worse with each movie. Here's to hoping that the Transformers reboot will be much better.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So is this in the same continuity as the other movies? The article wasn't clear.

Yes, it's set between Bumblebee and the first TF movie in 1994.

EDIT: Maximals, Predacons, and Terrorcons join the war on Earth.

Characters confirmed to appear are Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Arcee, Mirage, Nightbird, Airazor, Rhinox, and Optimas Primal. The main villain is the Decepticon Scourge.

One of the Decepticons upgraded by Unicorn in the G1 cartoon? Interesting...

Character details:
-Will primarily be set in New York City - specifically Brooklyn. Story will lead to Machu Picchu in Peru.

-Optimus Prime will be the lead robot hero, in G1 design, Peter Cullen will be back to provide his voice, his first true adventure on Earth and will see him become the legendary leader we know and love.

-Bumblebee will also be back, with a new vehicle design that's an off-road Camaro variant of his usual look. The ending of his solo movie will directly feed into the beginning of this one.

-Mirage's vehicle form will be a Porsche 911 and Arcee's is a Ducati 916.

-The Terrorcon Nightbird has switched allegiances and transforms into a black-and-purple Nissan GTR.

-Scourge is a massive orange-and-black Decepticon who takes the symbols from his victims and fuses them onto his body as trophies.

-Ramos is playing an ex-military character named Noah who is always hustling and is a bit of a tech wiz while Fishback is playing Elena, a museum researcher.

Caple comments on Optimus Prime.

And on why 1994.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Time skip :cool:.
Uh...so this movie is going to have 5 factions? Seems like a lot. I'd rather just give the Beast Wars characters their own film :confused:.
Character details:
-Will primarily be set in New York City - specifically Brooklyn. Story will lead to Machu Picchu in Peru.
It'll be very scenic :).
-Optimus Prime will be the lead robot hero, in G1 design, Peter Cullen will be back to provide his voice, his first true adventure on Earth and will see him become the legendary leader we know and love.
As long as he doesn't become a Decepticon Kill Happy yeller like in the Bay movies :p.

(I hope the recording for this film is better for Cullen than Bumblebee was).
-Bumblebee will also be back, with a new vehicle design that's an off-road Camaro variant of his usual look. The ending of his solo movie will directly feed into the beginning of this one.
Well, yeah, he reunite with the Autobots ;).
-Mirage's vehicle form will be a Porsche 911 and Arcee's is a Ducati 916.
I wonder if Arcee will be much smaller now...
-Scourge is a massive orange-and-black Decepticon who takes the symbols from his victims and fuses them onto his body as trophies.
A true warrior king :eek:.
And the year I was born :anime:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
So is this in the same continuity as the other movies? The article wasn't clear.
No, it's set in the new continuity that began with Bumblebee than in the same continuity as the first five films.
I recall Hasbro saying back in 2019 that Bumblebee starts a new continuity than being part of the previous continuity.

colomb

As far as I remember Hasbro in 2019 made unclear remarks that websites chewed up and spat out "reboot confirmed," and that's about it.

Frontier

Staff member

JoeMabbon

Robot Clone
I love Ron Perlman, but I miss Gary Chalk :(.
I don't mind recasting. The Primal they're going with sounds very different from the scientist-explorer from the original Beast Wars.
I'm guessing the casting was because of wanting some big name actors. At least he's had extensive voice acting experience.
I appreciate that this franchise tends to pull in professional VAs. For every Weaving or Foxworth, they'll bring in a Blum or Griffin.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't mind recasting. The Primal they're going with sounds very different from the scientist-explorer from the original Beast Wars.
Yeah, if they're going for a different characterization of Primal to contrast with Prime, it makes sense. Still...what could have been...
I appreciate that this franchise tends to pull in professional VAs. For every Weaving or Foxworth, they'll bring in a Blum or Griffin.
Not to mention Jess Harnell, Charlie Adler, and John DiMaggio :).

quintex96

I was legitimately bummed that Transformers 6 got cancelled as I wanted to see what they were going to do with that final twist in part 5.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts