Untitled "Super Mario Bros. World" Movie News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
From the front page of Anime Superhero.com.

"Second "Mario" Movie Announced For 2026"​

mariomovie.jpg

"Though not officially recognized by the US government, today is Mario Day! Why today? Because MAR 10 spells MARIO if you’re farsighted. For the past few years, Mario Day has been when discounts on Mario games have been offered and new Mario-based products have been announced by Nintendo. The last few Mario Days have brought with them news on Illumination’s Super Mario Bros Movie, but now that the movie’s out, perhaps Mario’s Hollywood days are behind him….

Nah, not really. You might’ve seen it coming, given The Super Mario Bros Movie was one of the top-grossing flicks of 2023, but Illumination and Nintendo are now working together on another film. They’re not calling it a “sequel” though — they seem to have deliberately avoided that word."

Read the full article here.

Thoughts? What would you like to see in this new Super Mario movie?

Related discussion:
The Super Mario Bros. Movie Talkback (Spoilers)

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
My 2 main complaints about The Super Mario Bros. Movie are:

1. Not enough Luigi.

2. Not enough scenes of Mario and Luigi working together.

That said, one idea that I had would be if the 2nd movie had the Brothers traveling to Sasaraland, the home of Princess Daisy. Mario, Luigi and Yoshi could be enlisted to help Daisy defeat Tatanga as a nod to the story of Super Mario Land. I have a couple of other points that I typed earlier today in the other SMBM thread, which I'll copy here:

On that topic, I wish that fans would stop asking for Rosalina and Super Mario Galaxy to be in the sequel. We're only 1 movie in. Movie 2 is too early for the cast to go into space and meet Rosalina. There's still many areas of the Mushroon Kingdom that haven't yet been explored. You need to establish the status quo before you can shake it up. Plus, if Rosalina makes her big screen debut before Princess Daisy, that would be just plain wrong. I also think that movie 2 is too early for Wario and Waluigi. Ideally, those characters shouldn't show up until movie 3.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think that the villain for SMB2 should absolutely, positively, definitely NOT be Bowser! I like Jack Black and he was good in the movie, but I hope that the producers don't just rehash the plot of the 1st film when there are so many other bad guys in the Marioverse that could be used: Wart, Tatanga, King Boo, Count Bleck, even Smithy the Sword if you want to bring in characters from Super Mario RPG.

Also, I don't get why some fans are suggesting that King K. Rool be the villain of the SMB sequel. That wouldn't make sense. King K. Rool is Donkey Kong's nemesis, not Mario's.

Similarly, I wish that fans would stop saying "Oooh! We're getting Super Smash Brothers next!" Uh, no. We aren't. You don't go straight from Super Mario Brothers to Super Smash Brothers. That'd be like going to The Avengers immediately after Iron Man 1. An even that big you need to build up to. You need to establish the other Nintendo franchises and what they're all about before you bring in Master Hand or some giant multi-dimensional threat that would take all their combined forces to defeat.

Mandouga

What I want to know is, where did the “Super Mario Bros. World” name come from? Just asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
I think it would be cool if they did a Luigi’s Mansion movie, but I doubt this is going to be it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts