Upcoming "Astro Boy" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Note: I couldn't find another topic on this proposed series since 2022 when it was first announced. If anyone finds an older topic let me know and I will merge the threads.

From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com.

Astroboy-1.jpg

Updates on the “Astro Boy” Reboot

"Osamu Tezuka’s creation Astro Boy lives again, as Mediawan Kids has partnered with French broadcaster TF1 to develop a reboot of the franchise. the announcement came during the Annecy Festival and MIFA market which took place last week. This proposed reboot was first announced in 2022 with an order for 52 half-hour episodes, and while there is still no projected release date, you can tell they are putting some effort into this and finally making some progress on it.

Astro Boy was created back in 1952, and follows the adventures of a boy robot with human emotions who has several adventures and tries protecting the world. Some of his adventures have been previously adapted in animation in 1963, 1980, 2003, as well as a CGI animated feature length movie in 2009. While these have been meet with varying degrees of success, Astro Boy has become a part of pop culture and is a rather well known anime character today."

Click here to read the full article.

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts