Upcoming "Peanuts" Movie (Apple TV+) News & Discussion

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A new feature film is also in the works.

Apple TV+ has announced a new original “Peanuts” feature film from WildBrain and Peanuts Worldwide. The film will follow Snoopy and Charlie Brown’s biggest challenge yet, as the “Peanuts” characters embark on “an epic adventure to the Big City, learning the true meaning of friendship, while meeting some surprising new friends along the way.” Production from WildBrain Studios will begin in 2024.

Karey Kirkpatrick, known for “Chicken Run,” “Smallfoot” and “Over the Hedge,” co-wrote the screenplay from an original story by “The Peanuts Movie” writers Craig Schulz, Bryan Schulz and Cornelius Uliano. Additionally, “The Peanuts Movie” director Steve Martino will direct the new feature and two-time Oscar nominee Bonnie Arnold, known for the “How to Train Your Dragon” franchise and “Toy Story,” will produce.

(There are more comments in the article linked above)

Last edited:

harry580

11/02:

Lucy's School is nominated for an Emmy for Best Animated Special.

11/06:

Apple TV+ has announced a new original “Peanuts” feature film from WildBrain and Peanuts Worldwide. The film will follow Snoopy and Charlie Brown’s biggest challenge yet, as the “Peanuts” characters embark on “an epic adventure to the Big City, learning the true meaning of friendship, while meeting some surprising new friends along the way.” Production from WildBrain Studios will begin in 2024.

Karey Kirkpatrick, known for “Chicken Run,” “Smallfoot” and “Over the Hedge,” co-wrote the screenplay from an original story by “The Peanuts Movie” writers Craig Schulz, Bryan Schulz and Cornelius Uliano. Additionally, “The Peanuts Movie” director Steve Martino will direct the new feature and two-time Oscar nominee Bonnie Arnold, known for the “How to Train Your Dragon” franchise and “Toy Story,” will produce.

(There are more comments in the article linked above)
I wonder if Steve Martino will bring in Annapurna animation to do the movie since they are blue sky studios 2.0 or maybe bring in dneg to do it like they did nimona

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I wonder if Steve Martino will bring in Annapurna animation to do the movie since they are blue sky studios 2.0 or maybe bring in dneg to do it like they did nimona
DNEG most likely, since Annapurna outsources their animation apparently.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm really surprised that they're making a new feature film for Peanuts. I really enjoyed the last one and I'm glad that the director and writers from that film are going to be working on this one. I still don't have Apple TV+, but I might get it, even just for awhile, to watch this movie. It will probably take quite some time for them to release even a trailer, but hopefully the wait will be worth it.

harry580

I wondering if apple's new peanuts movie will be a sequel to the peanuts movie which blue sky studios made because they got the director for this, if it is the sequel to blue sky studios peanuts movie, it would continue where blue sky studios peanuts movie left off in a perfect way, I mean, disney is failing at this point with ice age & rio (ice age buck wild failed & there's no news regarding ice age 7 & rio 3), maybe apple can do a sequel to the blue sky studios peanuts movie and show disney how it is done lol

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
So, I'm a little different on Peanuts since it's something I am a big fan of and know the strips watched all the specials, know the characters, and history , context and etc. And pretty much study things about it.

I liked the 2015 Peanuts Movie, it's not my favorite Peanuts movie, but I did like it. I think the art style was nice, though it does slightly bother me that I've seen it brought up , in other spaces, and it's mostly about how the art style was great and not much about the movie itself. This leads in to me saying , I think the sample image is showing they want to try to the art style again , with Wild Brain doing it (I am somewhat amused how much Peanuts wants to avoid major US studios in both ownership and their content) But if this is going to be a streaming movie, was kind of hoping just for a normal 2D style movie, a slightly higher budget copy look of the 2011 special, not copying the Apple TV special look either.. that might just be me though.
7632_3_large.jpg

Using the other art style would be alright, but yeah I kind of miss that more simpleness, even the newer specials feel a bit more shiny than what we've had before. The plot idea of going to a big city, again feels like almost multiple movies animated or with animated characters does that. (that or a road trip) And probably a New York City clone too.

I'm really nit picky with how Peanuts is done so yeah.. don't want to feel too negative , I'm open it to the movie, but have some thoughts there.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
11/06:

As a Peanuts fan myself, I hope it's just as good as the 2015 Peanuts movie.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts