what anime/comic conventions you have been to

harry580

this is a thread for those wondering what anime/comic conventions you have went to

here is mine:
animenext in 2015 & puchicon in 2023 (I thinking about going to j1 con in november)

Whats yours?

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Went to FanExpo Toronto last year. Admittedly comics are a small component but it was fun regardless. Very well run and met some cool people. It was my only convention and I’m excited to attend another one soon.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Only been to one, AniMinneapolis back in 2010. Scored a Gurren Lagann poster and a Yoko Littner figure. Was hoping to go to a panel that featured Tiffany Grant but the timing didn't line up.

jaylop97

Staff member
Just went to Galaxycon Austin last week on Friday September 1st and Sunday September 3rd which was my very first time to a convention ever. I got to meet several VAs and took pictures/autographs from Cristina Vee (who I went twice for ^^), Megan Shipman, Suzie Yeung, Brian Drummond, Brad Swaile, Sarah Natochenny, Marty Grabstein, Will Freidle, Colleen O Shaughnessy, and Sarah Wiedenheft. I had a blast, I dressed up as poor attempts of Terry McGinnis when I met Will Freidle and Di Lung from Courage the Cowardly Dog for Marty Grabstein. I had such a wonderful time at it and was amazed at how much goes on in conventions and all the cool people in them. I have plans to go to Kawacon 2024 in San Antonio thanks to GalaxyCon being so great.

harry580

update: I didn't attend the j1 con trip, I went camping instead, but I hopeful I will go to j1 con next year

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
Went to nycc 3 times. 2017, 18, ‘22. The first one was the best. Got Michael rookers autograph. The second was meh I only went for funkos (got funky phantom and baba looey, got barraged by scalpers). And the last one was with friend.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Blog: Missouri Comic-Con 2024: The Convention Spirit Is Back In Full Force"​

convention-2.jpg

"The Missouri Comic-Con was held this last weekend (February 10th and 11th), the first major “pop culture” convention in the state following the lifting of the federal Public Health Emergency restrictions for Covid-19 back on May 11th, 2023. As such, consider this a snapshot of the current state of “convention life”. No, it’s not the New York or San Diego Comic-Con (the events where major announcements for future projects get made). Instead, this is a smaller venue (though there were certainly thousands in attendance). It was a chance for fans to come out, dress up like their favorite fictional characters, interact with celebrities and just have a great time.

It’s also the first convention I’ve been to in YEARS. As such, I approached it as a “newbie” experience, not buying tickets in advance. I knew I was able to attend for Saturday only, so I figured I’d show up and see what all I could accomplish on a Saturday afternoon. Predictably, my “just go and see how it is” resulted in me having to wait in line outdoors (in February weather) for close to an hour before being ushered into the building where you could buy tickets."

Read the full article here.

Anyone else planning on going to a convention this year?

Low Spark of Lyman

What a night! I had to do six encores at the club.
I remember going to Granite State Comic-Con in 2016 and 2019. The 2019 one was TMNT-themed with several relevant guests, including the main four VAs for the first cartoon series (Rob Paulsen, Cam Clarke, Townsend Coleman, Barry Gordon).

animeadept

I'm going to Anime Midwest next month! Has anyone been there before? I'd love to hear your experiences and any tips you might have for making the most out of the convention!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts