what are some Anime shows you would like to see 4kids pick up for the cw4kids

ThePRPD

The one with the nose.
An anime intended for a children's audience.
4kids has made it work in the past. (Ex: Kirby)

Innagadadavida

Doenaught
Dr. Slump. Sorry, I just had to say that
Yeah that's a funny joke. We'd have about 5 minutes worth of content after 4kids' censors.

The anime shows that I'd like to see 4kids pick up are none. I'd rather they focus on original programming than taking something good and butchering it.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
An anime intended for a children's audience.
4kids has made it work in the past. (Ex: Kirby)

Yeah, younger-skewing shows like Kirby, Pokemon, GoGoRiki and Dinosaur King have all turned out pretty well. Something along those lines would be ideal.

I find this topic a bit ironic though, since this is literally the first time in 4Kids history where they aren't dubbing any Japanese cartoons (yeah, new Dinosaur King is still airing here in the U.S., but the dubbing has been completed for months now).

CyberCubed

4kids may not even have a Saturday morning block in another year or so, so I can see why they're not bothering to aquire new anime.

As said, the 4kids anime days are over. We are not in 2000-2006 anymore when anime being destroyed on TV was a common thing.

The whole anime craze has died down in the U.S.

Light Lucario

Staff member
4kids may not even have a Saturday morning block in another year or so, so I can see why they're not bothering to aquire new anime.

As said, the 4kids anime days are over. We are not in 2000-2006 anymore when anime being destroyed on TV was a common thing.

The whole anime craze has died down in the U.S.

Well, they have a contract with the CW that's good for like another three or four years. As for why they haven't acquire a new anime series, it's probably because Japan hasn't turned out a new toyetic show that they could dub. There was Bakugan, but that was dubbed by another company. Though, I wonder how it would have affected 4Kids if they dubbed it since the toys have sold quite nicely.

I do agree that the anime craze has died down in the U.S., but I think that's because of how licensors were acquiring a lot of different shows and only few of them were hits.

Anyway, I can't see what anime series 4Kids could acquire. It would have to involve Yu-Gi-Oh! or another toyetic kind of show. It would be nice if they could acquire and dub the new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie and then air it on their block.

THE 24 king

4kids should look in to finding a new station because The Cw ratings are so bad an all new episodes start this week on FOX,CBS and ABC some of the shows on the cw4kids block out performs some shows on the cw.

They might want to see what happen with that.Thats why the new season of shows on the cw4kids was all shows that was suppose to come on it last year like rollbots we even new about HTDH, an that still have not came on yet. AMhttp://forums.toonzone.net/wiki/RollBots AMhttp://forums.toonzone.net/wiki/RollBots

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
If 4Kids could air the Viz Media dubbed Mega Man Star Force, I would be all for it.

I could also see 4Kids getting BakeGyamon.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
4kids should look in to finding a new station because The Cw ratings are so bad an all new episodes start this week on FOX,CBS and ABC some of the shows on the cw4kids block out performs some shows on the cw.
Ouch.

First of all, Fox isn't in the Saturday morning business anymore. Second, what new station? All the other networks are under management of other companies. It's The CW or bust for 4Kids. It's not The CW that's the problem for once. The CW actually had a good lineup for two seasons under the Kids' WB aegis. The lineup actually had shows that drew an audience. The shows on 4Kids TV aren't catching on because they're all pretty much the same. There's no real variety, and quite frankly, the audiences aren't watching because the block is so vanilla and bland. When old reruns of Disney Channel shows are the highest-rated programs on broadcast television on Saturday morning, then you know you have to do something to improve your product.

That's a problem I have with content providers programming networks. They're not in it to bring in the best programs for the audience. They're in it to promote their latest creations and the products to come from it. If they were actually programming for the audience, they wouldn't have canceled Kids' WB's highest-rated show (Tom and Jerry Tales), their highest-profile show (The Spectacular Spider-Man), and a series that was improving season by season (Legion of Superheroes).

The audiences are sick of 4Kids cramming card-based properties down their throats, which is probably why TMNT is still a ratings winner. Of course, it's a fairweather brand as well, but that goes without saying. 4Kids is stuck on . . . something. It's not stupid, but what they're stuck on is indescribable. They're almost on the brink of going under, and I doubt in two years there would even be a 4Kids anymore.

And no, I don't think Japanese animation can save them because there's no title that has the genre-redefining magic out there right now (and there hasn't been one in nearly three years).

Sketch

not like those other old guys
4kids is welcome to all the trade and battle shows they want it's not like anyone else is going to treat them better *coughBakugancough*. I'd even say they can take a crack at Beet the Vandel Buster if Toei will let them (I can't imagine they doing worse than Illumitoon's dub).

But generally speaking, 4kids should stay away from foreign licenses unless they're more tailor made for US audiences.

I'd like to see them partner with Viz to bring Hamtaro back at the very least if not the other Y7 friendly Viz Media properties.

But most of all I'd like 4kids to make their own shows as that's generally what they've done their best with. TMNT in particular but Viva Pinata isn't bad by any means.

CW is the best local channel for Saturday mornings because it gets pre-empted the least compared to FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. If 4kids needs somewhere else to try their shows... parterning with Qubo seems like the best choice but a few of their shows could go to Nicktoons, DXD or CN as a few of them already have (well if you can't Kappa Mikey... I sort of do).

THE 24 king

Ouch.

First of all, Fox isn't in the Saturday morning business anymore. Second, what new station? All the other networks are under management of other companies. It's The CW or bust for 4Kids. It's not The CW that's the problem for once. The CW actually had a good lineup for two seasons under the Kids' WB aegis. The lineup actually had shows that drew an audience. The shows on 4Kids TV aren't catching on because they're all pretty much the same. There's no real variety, and quite frankly, the audiences aren't watching because the block is so vanilla and bland. When old reruns of Disney Channel shows are the highest-rated programs on broadcast television on Saturday morning, then you know you have to do something to improve your product.

what I was saying was the doing prime time new episode start an when the air they out perform The Cw by 3times that's why 4kids should look to find a new network like My-network.TV NCIS gets 18mil on CBS the highest show on the cw get 4mil which is a new show vampire diaries.

so when u look at one of half of the CW is CBS/an/WB one of these company is going to want to go separate. with the ratings they get.

Truthfully, none! I'd rather have them make their own stuff than "dub" another anime.

Agreed. I'd rather 4kids air old CN anime series like MÄR and Zatch Bell. Prince of Tennis and Hikaru no Go would also be nice but I don't know if kids would be all that interested in them.

THE 24 king

Agreed. I'd rather 4kids air old CN anime series like MÄR and Zatch Bell. Prince of Tennis and Hikaru no Go would also be nice but I don't know if kids would be all that interested in them.

Out of all the shows u name MÄR and Zatch Bell would be the best zatch bell was on CN an it kind of reminds me of Pokemon.well all-both was on CN

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
what I was saying was the doing prime time new episode start an when the air they out perform The Cw by 3times that's why 4kids should look to find a new network like My-network.TV NCIS gets 18mil on CBS the highest show on the cw get 4mil which is a new show vampire diaries.
One, why are you talking about prime-time in regards to The CW? Of course the other networks get better ratings than The CW. The CW is never going to be as big as the Big Four. Even NBC's worse scores higher than The CW's best. Plus, Saturday morning is a different beast than prime-time. That's why Kids' WB dominated over all comers, including 4KidsTV on Fox.

Second, My Network TV is not really a channel. And aside from Smackdown, the network has nothing but reruns. It's a failed experiment largely created because Fox was bitter because they didn't get to kill UPN like they wanted to (I would explain, but that's for another thread). If you think the ratings for 4Kids are bad on The CW, imagine how worse they'll be on a network that's in a fraction of the households that receive The CW.

so when u look at one of half of the CW is CBS/an/WB one of these company is going to want to go separate. with the ratings they get.
I don't think they're going to separate anymore. They're happy with the mediocre direction of The CW and aren't ready to go away anytime soon. I think at this point, The CW will outlast 4Kids at the rate the two units are going, sad to say.

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
Dr. Slump. Sorry, I just had to say that

Must You taunt me so....Honestly im to the point I would'nt mind if 4kids did do it, as long as i got in the US.:sweat:

But on a serious note, the US Airing rights.Pretty cure, why, because Saturday is the Only day I have A sweet tooth & this way i can get my fill with out getting fat from candy.

Also, The US DUB of Samuri Pizza cats, I would love for someone to re-air that, I mean it would go well with TMNT & Biker mice from mars.:sweat:

That is all.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
The audiences are sick of 4Kids cramming card-based properties down their throats, which is probably why TMNT is still a ratings winner. Of course, it's a fairweather brand as well, but that goes without saying. 4Kids is stuck on . . . something. It's not stupid, but what they're stuck on is indescribable. They're almost on the brink of going under, and I doubt in two years there would even be a 4Kids anymore.

4Kids just isn't about card-based properties though. In fact, they seem to be heading away from that direction. Let's look at their five newest acquisitions:

• Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - obviously a card-based show, but it was a given they'd pick this up anyway
  • GoGoRiki - a completely comedic series
  • Huntik - arguably a card-based series, as it's founded on a TCG, but the show itself doesn't use cards in any way
  • Kamen Rider - live-action toku series
  • RollBots - CGI action series, not based on cards at all
So that's like 1.5 card-based series out of their five newest shows. It's seems pretty clear to me that 4Kids has a good variety of different genres of action (super hero, card-based, live-action toku, magical girl and CGI). Personally, I think their problem is that they need more comedy...though it seems like they might be working on that with Rocket Monkeys - the first original 4Kids production since Chaotic.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts