What Fairy Tales and Folklores Do You Want To See In Disney Animated Movies?

TsWade2

Hi everyone,
First, I want to apologize of my pathetic doom and gloom moment and I need to work on that. And to make it up for it, let’s do something fun. Let’s think what fairy tales and folklores will Disney do for their animated features, even if it’s most likely CG animation. Here’s mine:

Bluebeard
The Princess and the Pea
The Wild Swans
The Musicians of Bremen
East of the Sun West of the Moon
and Momotaro.

What fairy tales and folklore do you want to see in a Disney animated film?

Pooky

Staff member
I know it's been animated by several other companies (even by UB Iwerks Studio in the 30s), and it seems even Walt himself directed a 7 minute version in 1922 before the studio was set up, but I've long thought the Town Musicians of Bremen was indeed the most obvious material they've yet to tackle.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Bluebeard
The Princess and the Pea
I know I've heard rumors about Disney adapting Bluebeard, plus there's the news about them doing a live-action adaptation of The Princess and the Pea (as Penelope)
The Wild Swans
That could be something they do.
The Musicians of Bremen
Sure, but they can't do it in 2D, since there is already a traditionally-animated, Disney-esque adaptation of that story, called Die Furchtlosen Vier (The Fearless Four), a film from Germany that Warner Bros. distributed in that country.
East of the Sun West of the Moon
I recall Don Bluth tried to do an adaptation of that.
Oh, definitely. Disney hasn’t done an animated feature set in ancient Japan yet, and the art style of the film could be a homage to anime.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I still think that Disney should move away from fairy tales, at least for a few years before doing any more of them. People are getting tired of seeing the same things from the Mouse House.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I don’t have any specific ideas but I would like to see something from Africa or indigenous Australia.
They already kinda did Africa with The Lion King, but definitely something from indigenous Australia, since that is underrepresented.
i've always wanted to see disney's take on thumbelina
Don Bluth was a Disney animator and he already beat them to the punch with his adaptation.

TsWade2

I still think that Disney should move away from fairy tales, at least for a few years before doing any more of them. People are getting tired of seeing the same things from the Mouse House.
Of course Disney Animation Studios will continue to make original stories, but does it hurt that Disney will adapt fairy tales and folk tales to become classics?

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Of course Disney Animation Studios will continue to make original stories, but does it hurt that Disney will adapt fairy tales and folk tales to become classics?
No, Disney adapting fairy tales isn't a bad thing at all, but you have to admit that they've done it a lot. There's only so many times that you can do one type of things before fatigue starts to set in.

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts