What's the limit to the growth of animation? (If any)

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
With how amazing animated films are looking nowadays it begs the question of how will animated movies look in the next 10 - 20 years, is there a limit to how much better these films can look? I think there's always room for animation to improve but still, it's crazy to think how far the medium has come

Pooky

Staff member
Impossible for anyone to accurately answer. I remember when Beast Wars looked amazing and I didn't even consider that N64 games would or could ever look dated, we simply didn't know what the next 20, 10 or even 5 years was going to bring.

For what it's worth, I still think CGI humans, at least non-stylised ones, leave a lot to be desired. I think the human characters in Inside Out 2, for example, look hideous, but given that it's about to have the biggest opening weekend in about a year I suspect a) People don't really agree with me, or at least don't really care, b) it's not going to be anyone's top priority for a while. And arguably this is as much design sensibility as it is technology.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts