Who's The Better Goblin Norman Osborn Or Harry

kid rabbit

HARRY:1) your best friend being your worst enmy makes more sense than your worst emny being your best friends dad
2)Harry was joker level insane and 3)a better fighter than Norman ever hoped to be he could actuly push spidy to being tired
4)was just a self centered (great big meanie) in the long run he blames everyone for the problems he caused Harry's a much more complex charter
5)in ultimite spider man and MTV'S spider man animated they showed Harry being the exact oppsite of Peter (he a big man on campus and peter's the geek) as mr, glass would that how you know who the arch enimy is going to be
NORMAN:1) He came first
2)HE KILLED Norman as quite a body count besides Gwen Stacy I'm hard press to find anyone Harry offed
3)he has a plan Harry maybe joker level insane but Norman has a master
plan behind his madness 4) he's a ruthless busnesse man which makes him like lex luther/the joker mixed 5) in the end he a 2-dimmsenal charter but some people like that

Last edited by a moderator:

kid rabbit

REALLY???:confused: no love for harry IMPO harry's the best but people keep going with norman
hopefully with harry back in the comics we'll see a goblin father/son smackdown

Wonderwall

Staff member
A lot of people don't like the Harry character. I am one of that horde. It doesn't surprise me that more people like the old man over him.

GregX

I liked Harry, I just didn't like him as the Goblin. The real heir to the Goblin legacy, whether Norman likes it or not is Roderick Kingsley. He's the only Goblin who even comes close to where Norman is in the Spider-Man villain hierarchy.

TwoFaced_Dark24

Naughty incarnate
Personally, I think Kingsley is the best Goblin. Where Norman was insane, Roderick was completely, coldly sane and calculating. When becoming a supervillain was too intoxicating and threatening to overtake his life, he was able to give it up for a while.

I love this page from the Goblins at the Gate story...

SpecSpider-Man26124.jpg

You also can't help but thank Kingsley for killing off that whiny Jason Macendale...

Anwar

Lord of the Vindaloovians
I know he's a major player in Spider-Girl, but has Kingsley returned in the regular books since that story?

Rud

Nine Arts Dragon
Personally, I think Kingsley is the best Goblin. Where Norman was insane, Roderick was completely, coldly sane and calculating. When becoming a supervillain was too intoxicating and threatening to overtake his life, he was able to give it up for a while.

I love this page from the Goblins at the Gate story...

SpecSpider-Man26124.jpg

thats a travesty of justice right there, he lived happily ever after!?

TwoFaced_Dark24

Naughty incarnate
I liked Harry, I just didn't like him as the Goblin.

Harry, as the Green Goblin, was an interesting character. And he was the best looking Green Goblin, when drawn by Sal Buscema.

hello.jpg

I know people say that Harry was a wimp who wasn't a threat at all, but that's false.

osborn14.jpg

osborn15.jpg

Harry modified the Goblin formula to make himself able to go toe-to-toe with Spider-Man without either winning a clear victory. Although, he died shortly thereafter, from an unexpected side-effect of the modified Goblin formula.

fight.jpg

However, even death didn't stop Harry from tormenting Peter and his family. Just before his death, Harry created robotic duplicates of Peter's long dead parents with the help of the Chameleon. This plot led to a psychotic breakdown for Peter. After nearly killing the Chameleon, Peter finds a tape Harry had left before he died, revealing his role as the mastermind behind the plot and mocking Peter. Peter went temporarily insane from the shock, which proved that Harry could be as manipulative and cruel as his father ever was when gripped by insanity.

amazingspider-man389-23.jpg

amazingspider-man389-24lp.jpg

Anwar

Lord of the Vindaloovians
Yep, Harry was the first villain to truly break Peter. Norman did it too but that was years later.

Anyways, to me Norman is better but Harry is always the number two villain. And with a gallery like Peter's that's no small achievement.

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
Harry is only more annoying, Norman made a mess out of Peter's life as I described in the "Ultimate Spider-Man villain thread"
And that's why Kingsley is awesome.

Better than the stupid Macendale Hobgoblin. Embarrassment.
The only thing I hate about Macendale is that he was responsible for creating DEMOGOBLIN. EEWW(BIG TIME)

TwoFaced_Dark24

Naughty incarnate
The only thing I hate about Macendale is that he was responsible for creating DEMOGOBLIN. EEWW(BIG TIME)

Macendale's history is pretty embarrassing, but he was pretty cool at times. Visually, he was the coolest looking Hobgoblin, imo.

That Kingsley could kill him off doesn't make much sense actually. The whole argument for bringing back the original Hobgoblin is that, with his super-strength, Hobby couldn't be taken down by the Foreigner's goons. Well, why would Macendale, who not only had taken Kraven's formula but cybernetically enhanced super-strength, stand around and let Roddy shoot him? Macendale is stronger than the original Hobgoblin; he should have ripped the cell door out and wrapped it around the Hobgoblin's neck! Utter lapse in Spider-continuity, which is probably going to lead to "Spider-Man: The Other Hobgoblin Lives, Too" in a decade or so.

A.Magik

Macendale's history is pretty embarrassing, but he was pretty cool at times. Visually, he was the coolest looking Hobgoblin, imo.

That Kingsley could kill him off doesn't make much sense actually. The whole argument for bringing back the original Hobgoblin is that, with his super-strength, Hobby couldn't be taken down by the Foreigner's goons. Well, why would Macendale, who not only had taken Kraven's formula but cybernetically enhanced super-strength, stand around and let Roddy shoot him? Macendale is stronger than the original Hobgoblin; he should have ripped the cell door out and wrapped it around the Hobgoblin's neck! Utter lapse in Spider-continuity, which is probably going to lead to "Spider-Man: The Other Hobgoblin Lives, Too" in a decade or so.

So why couldn't he rip the door out? Was the cell built to contain him, or were his implants depowered? And Macendale was too completely terrified to do anything. His predecessor was back from the dead! (After that nightmare about his constant failures, his one success- killing his predecessor- turned out to be a flop too?) :eek:
And it's not like Kingsley lay a physical finger on the guy. He simply blasted him away with a thousand bolt charge. Macendale's implants didn't provide him with vulnerability. Maybe that's why Kingsley took such a approach; unlike Osborn, who would ask for a physical confrontation, the saner Hobby I didn't want one. He wanted his successor dead, plain and simple.

"This isn't your Daddy's HobGoblin!" Too bad - because "Daddy's" HobGoblin could eat this guy for lunch, cybernetic implants or not (in fact, he did just that very thing later on)." -Madgoblin.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts