Why did Saban's dub of Digimon edit the show less than other hack dubs during its era?

Dwain345

Banned
The Digimon dub by Saban was considered to be influential due to be one of the rare instances that a hack dub actually kept most of the original source material in the 90s and 2000s as opposed to other hack dubs like Pokemon, Yugioh, Sailor Moon, and Cardcaptor Sakura. It kept its characters and setting to Japan and other foreign countries and it also kept Japanese and foreign culture like not calling rice balls doughnuts. It also kept some dark/mature themes like the concepts of death, divorce, bullying, totalitarianism, genocide, biblical references, and adoption issues that was surprising for a children's anime dub during its era. Overall, Digimon's dub was hailed by fans and critics to be the least edited hack dub ever in history, but one question still remains: why did Saban edited the show less than other hack dubs during its era and kept in more of Japanese/foreign culture and more mature subjects?

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Shiloh Otter wrote on PinkieLopBun's profile.
Can i ask what your current profile picture is? I don't recognize this character.
zap2it and TVInsider updated: Clifford the Big Red Dog (2021) is pulled and back with To Be Announced. I think it might be error showing to be announced.
Will have to see based on promo for July for Movie Madness for Nickelodeon.
for those concerning: the comedy central website is still up but its the video section that got the boot
Comedy Central's and MTV's online archives being purged makes me glad I don't use Spotify or clouds and download all the music I buy on Amazon. You can't always trust digital platforms where something can be here today and then gone tomorrow.
Will someone please create a subtrope of No Dub For You titled ''A Sweet Case of Bocchitis''? It would be dedicated to media with no dubs.

Featured Posts