Why did the last 6 episodes of Dora the Explorer premiere so late?

FirePuppy

About those last six episodes of Dora the Explorer, a show I don't really like but I'm a little curious about, why did they air on Nickelodeon in the US so late?

After all, these episodes were produced in 2014 and aired in some other countries in 2015, but in the US, they didn't premiere until 2019!

Whatever the reason is, it's probably the same as to why Hasbro still wouldn't air that "My Little Pony: Friendship is Forever" miniseries on Discovery Family.

kanc

I'm not sure why the delay. But maybe because of spinoff: Dora and Friends premiered in 2014, and lasted 2 seasons. The remaining episodes shifted to NickJr channel for burnoff in 2016 til 2017.

As for 2019, it was because of likely due to theater release of Dora and the Lost City of Gold which was in August 2019. Even the last episode and one hour special aired on Nickelodeon, while remaining episodes aired on nickjr channel.

Streaker Prower

About those last six episodes of Dora the Explorer, a show I don't really like but I'm a little curious about, why did they air on Nickelodeon in the US so late?

After all, these episodes were produced in 2014 and aired in some other countries in 2015, but in the US, they didn't premiere until 2019!
Two Words, PAW-PATROL!

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Nick is sometimes horrible at airing the last episodes of some shows. There's actually another thread about this issue. There's a number of shows from years ago that never aired all their episodes. Usually not because of anything objectionable in the episodes, but because Nick is done with those shows and doesn't bother scheduling those episodes. Honestly, if it wasn't for the live action movie (which came out around the time the last episodes aired), I don't think the last Dora episodes would have aired at all.

CNNickFan

Invader Zim
Yeah, it's weird. They probably would have dropped on Paramount+ if they didn't air at all. Although, I'm pretty sure all of those episodes were released on DVD and available for digital purchase prior to them airing.

kanc

Yeah, it's weird. They probably would have dropped on Paramount+ if they didn't air at all. Although, I'm pretty sure all of those episodes were released on DVD and available for digital purchase prior to them airing.
Actually only Dora Saves the Fairytale special was on DVD in 2015 before premiering in 2019. Rest of others weren't on DVD before those episodes aired in 2019.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts