Why do people keep on wanting unlikely characters in Smash?

Asa

I mean come on. Too many gamers have been doing this since I think, the days of Brawl. They keep on wanting fighters that are very unlikely to join the series soon, like Waluigi since he will never join the game. Fun fact: he was created by Camelot and Fumihide Aoki for Wario to have as his tennis partner. This is the reason why he will always remain as an Assist Trophy and Sakauri knows he can't add him. Don't even get me started on his toxic fanbase. They have sent him death threats every time he never gets to join the roster. This has happened I think since Smash for Wii U and 3DS.

Another example of a highly unlikely candidate would go to none other than Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Why? Because Disney OWNS HIM! Not Nintendo. It would also be too hard to add him into Ultimate. Had this happened, I'm sure it'll be licensing nightmare fuel.

I am surprised that this has been going on, even after the release of Smash Ultimate in December 2018. They have been going too far in wanting to see, "tHeRe pReCioUs ChArAcTeR!!!!!" join the game, even lashing out at Sakauri, who has been working really hard to please his audience.

SNS

Super Smash Bros Ultimate has been all about characters that people argued for ages would never get in. Ridley? "Too big" and would have been added a long time ago if he was going to make it. K. Rool? The modern Donkey Kong games don't use Kremlings, hasn't been seen in a really long time. Banjo-Kazooie? Microsoft would never let a competitor use them!

5YearsOnEastCoast

Maybe because they want to be suprised? I mean they probably liked when a not a well known but we'll received video game has some representation in one of the most popular video game franchises that is a crossover if many video games.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Harmonie

Foreverrrrr!
Lets be honest, if you went back in the days of speculation pre-Brawl, and said that Cloud, Banjo & Kazooie, and a Persona protagonist would someday be in a Super Smash Bros game, you would be laughed at so hard.

SNS

Pre-Brawl, any third party suggestion would get you laughed at. People on message boards were really pushing the Nintendo only "rule" at the time.

Last edited:

Asa

Pre-Brawl, any third party suggestion would get you laughed at. People on message boards were really pushing the Nintendo only "rule" at the time.
Sonic for example. The then-head of Sonic Team, Yuji Naka claimed that it was possible to include Sonic in Melee but only characters from Nintendo were allowed (this rule was broken by Brawl when he officially became playable along with Snake).

I think Sakauri can only include third-party franchises that have had games on Nintendo consoles (Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Street Fighter, the list goes on).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts