Why does Nick have less short-runners than CN?

AnimatedFan01

Let's see how many short-lived Nicktoons there were: Catscratch, The X's, El Tigre, Tak and the Power of JuJu, Robot and Monster, Monsters vs. Aliens, Bunsen is a Beast, The Adventures of Kid Danger, and Middle School Moguls.

Compare it to how many CN has: The Moxy Show, What a Cartoon!, Mike, Lu & Og, Sheep in the Big City, Grim & Evil, Evil Con Carne, Star Wars Clone Wars, What Ever Happened to... Robot Jones?, Megas XLR, Sunday Pants, The Life and Times of Juniper Lee, Squirrel Boy, Class of 3000, The Secret Saturdays, Transformers: Animated, Generator Rex, Symbionic Titan, Robotomy, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, The Problem Solverz, The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange, Summer Camp Island, and Steven Universe: Future.

My best guess is that Nickelodeon is more popular than CN in viewership and ratings thanks to SpongeBob and its long run, so the show helps Nick boost viewings for their other cartoons, while CN doesn't have a SpongeBob since Teen Titans Go! is not their original program.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Yes, Nickelodeon likes to take forever to air the final episodes. The final episodes of Hey Arnold aired in 2004 in the USA, but already in 2002 in Belgium.

It's more fair to look at episode counts (counted as half hours).

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
There are a few reasons for this.

1. A reason why none of the earlier Nicktoons had short runs was because Nickelodeon actually offered multi season deals for all of the original nicktoons even before they started airing. Since this was when Nick was a young network and trying to branch out more with it's original series and thus when committing to the idea of their own Nicktoons likely wanted a lot of episodes they could constantly have pumped out for a few years to overly replay again and again over a longer period of time. I believe by Hey Arnold those contracts stopped and shows had to more earn additional seasons by doing well but it is the reason why even stuff like Doug and Aaah Real Monsters had full four season orders which I doubt would of been the case if they premiered later on.

2. CN is more willing to have shorter out put and limited series. What A Cartoon, Clone Wars, Steven Universe Future and others weren't meant to be super long running series destined to go on for years and years and were made with the goal of only running for a certain period.

3. Since Nick does have a focus on other series and blocks even more then CN and their oriignal cartoons a fair amount more focus is on those other divisions thus there are less technical Nicktoons then there are CN toons despite Nicktoons premiering first. Thus there's more opportunity to fail if you're on CN then on Nick.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
My best guess is that Nickelodeon is more popular than CN in viewership and ratings thanks to SpongeBob and its long run, so the show helps Nick boost viewings for their other cartoons, while CN doesn't have a SpongeBob since Teen Titans Go! is not their original program.
I dispute that claim as I tend to count DC or WB shows that began airing on Cartoon Network as CN originals even if they're not produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

That being said, what about comparing shortrunners from Nickelodeon to shortrunners from Disney Channel?

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts