"Wizards: Tales of Arcadia" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I'm surprised that no-one's made a thread for the third and final instalment of the Tales of Arcadia series yet (the only thread relating to 3 Below was a talkback thread, whereas Trollhunters has a news and discussion thread, a talkback thread for season 1 and a talkback thread for season 2 and 3) as the show will debut next month on Netflix, though it will be a ten-episode limited series.
Wizards,” the final series in Guillermo del Toro’s animated “Tales of Arcadia” saga, will premiere Aug. 7 on Netflix.

The Dreamworks Animation series tells the the story of wizard-in-training Douxie (Colin O’Donoghue) and other heroes of Arcadia on time travel adventure that takes them to the medieval realm of Camelot. It follows previous series “Trollhunters” and “3 Below.”

“‘Wizards’ brings the trilogy full circle,” says del Toro. “It’s a show that explores the origins of the entire mythology and also an adventure that moves everything- propels it- into the future. We reunite with old friends and get to understand old foes…”

Returning cast members from previous “Tales of Arcadia” installments include Emile Hirsch, Lexi Medrano, Charlie Saxton, Steven Yeun, David Bradley, Lena Headey, Fred Tatasciore, Clancy Brown, Diego Luna, Mark Hamill, and Kelsey Grammer. Joining the cast are Alfred Molina, Stephanie Beatriz, James Faulkner, and John Rhys Davies.

“‘Wizards’ follows the time-honored tradition of many trilogies in that the concluding chapter returns to settings, characters and concepts established in the first,” says showrunner and executive producer Marc Guggenheim. “At the same time, however, ‘Wizards’ is very much its own animal, drawing on characters from both ‘Trollhunters’ and ‘3Below’ and placing them in a completely new environment that is actually old: Camelot. Although ‘Wizards’ is the shortest of the three series at 10 episodes, I’m blown away by the amount of story we were able to push in this season. The narrative literally spans centuries and contains some of the most emotional content of the entire trilogy.”

“Wizards” isreated and executive produced by del Toro, with Guggenheim and Chad Hammes also serving as exec producers. Chad Quandt and Aaron Waltke are co-executive producers.

the_joker

Can't think of a title
So Trollhunters has 52 episodes, 3Below has 26 episodes, and Wizards will only have 10? The producers seem very confident about their 10 episodes, which is fine, but the shortness just strikes me as odd since the show was supposed to have premiered in 2019. There must have been some serious behind-the-scenes issues if WIzards was pushed back so much despite only having 10 episodes. On a personal level, I would have liked Wizards to be longer so the Trollhunters and aliens Akiridions (assuming they play a big role as this feels more suited for Trollhunters, then again trolls and Akiridions have interacted in the past) could interact some more. I guess I just like crossovers.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
So Trollhunters has 52 episodes, 3 Below has 26 episodes, and Wizards will only have 10? The producers seem very confident about their 10 episodes, which is fine, but the shortness just strikes me as odd since the show was supposed to have premiered in 2019. There must have been some serious behind-the-scenes issues if WIzards was pushed back so much despite only having 10 episodes. On a personal level, I would have liked Wizards to be longer so the Trollhunters and aliens Akiridions (assuming they play a big role as this feels more suited for Trollhunters, then again trolls and Akiridions have interacted in the past) could interact some more. I guess I just like crossovers.
Actually, I think the reason why the show's release date was postponed from last year to this year was due to postproduction taking longer than expected and also, I too would've wanted Wizards to be a 26-episode series in order to have the saga end with 104 episodes, but still 88 is a good number of episodes to end on.

Del Toro already confirmed that Aja and Krel will return for this series since after all, it connects both Trollhunters and 3 Below, according to the official info that was released back in 2017, not to mention three Akiridions do appear in the official poster for the series, likely Zadra, Aja and Krel.

the_joker

Can't think of a title
I'm aware of Aja and Krel returning, but I think they deserve more than 10 episodes with Jim and the trolls.

Dudley

Staff member
ONLY 10 EPISODES?! Granted I'm not really excited about the new lead, I'm more interested in how everything will tie together, and I hope it'll be handled well, because I'm worried if there will be some weird pacing issues.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
ONLY 10 EPISODES?! Granted I'm not really excited about the new lead, I'm more interested in how everything will tie together, and I hope it'll be handled well, because I'm worried if there will be some weird pacing issues.
What's wrong with Douxie? Just curious.

zoombie

Well this show surprisingly the lead Douxie has no love interest. Though after this show. I do expect Douxie and whatever her name of that Order of Arcadia girl he is protecting that eventually romance will bloom. Is the Suzaku / Nunnally effect. It is almost a marriage.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Well this show surprisingly the lead Douxie has no love interest. Though after this show. I do expect Douxie and whatever her name of that Order of Arcadia girl he is protecting that eventually romance will bloom. Is the Suzaku / Nunnally effect. It is almost a marriage.
Come to think of it, you're not the only one who feels the same as I do.

Dudley

Staff member
Well, I might not have enjoyed it as much as Trollhunters or even 3Below, but it was a fun romp, and it was nice seeing everyone again. Dukesy ended up being a decent protagonist. The pacing is weird, and it starts off weak, and with the pink haired girl being a wizard too, makes me think this could’ve stand to have a prequel season exploring that.
And I’m really, REALLY happy Jim became human again. I’m sure his mom will be happy too.
One note about Steve: he’s annoying comedy relief, but I never expected him to go this far from being the bully Jim punched out, to having an alien girlfriend, and traveling through time to become a knight. I’m surprised he didn’t try pulling out Excalibur. He probably could’ve done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The pacing is weird, and it starts off weak, and with the pink haired girl being a wizard too, makes me think this could’ve stand to have a prequel season exploring that.
You're talking about Zoe, right? I can definitely see her becoming a major character in the upcoming film that will serve as the finale.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts