"Woody Woodpecker Goes to Camp" (Netflix) News & Discussion

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A new live-action/CGI hybrid Woody Woodpecker project was announced for Netflix. Apparently a sequel to the 2017 movie. Preview images are included in the link.

Woody Woodpecker Goes to Camp
April 12

"After getting kicked out of the forest, Woody thinks he’s found a forever home at Camp Woo Hoo — until an inspector threatens to shut down the camp."

Based on the character Woody Woodpecker created by Walter Lantz.

Director/Executive Producer: Jon Rosenbaum
Screenplay by: Cory Edwards, Jim Martin, and Stephen Mazur
Story by: Stephen Mazur and Cory Edwards
Producer: Jon Kuyper
Studio: Universal 1440 Entertainment
Cast: Eric Bauza

Is anyone interested in checking out this new movie?

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
So Woody's not the only CGI character this time. Interesting.

Not saying this movie's going to be good or anything, but at least it's good to see Universal actually doing something with their classic characters. Low bar, but it's just nice to see them acknowledging cartoons other than DreamWorks and the Minions.

Pooky

Staff member
Watched it yesterday. In short it's a very generic "tween" movie with Woody, Buzz and Wally somewhere between shoehorned and reasonably well integrated in, I was a little bored at times but it was harmless. You can tell people who genuinely like Walter Lantz shorts worked on the it; there's a cute (and hard to miss) Chilli Willy Easter Egg for one thing. The animation on the characters is good; some iffy compositing here and there, but overall quite impressive given the assumed low budget. Eric Bauza and Kevin Michael Richardson were pretty solid as Woody and Buzz (although Woody talks *a lot*), but not sure about Tom Kenny as Wally, remember Billy West on the Fox Kids show being much funnier in the role. There was more (and grosser) toilet humour than I would have liked, though nothing quite as disgusting as some of the jokes in the trailer for the last movie (which I haven't seen).

On the whole I wouldn't recommend it to anyone aside from Woody completists and anyone without kids up to, say, 12, but I didn't mind it. Whether families will find it is another thing; seems to be no promotion for it on the UK Netflix, didn't even see it on the "recently added" list.

Can I justify watching this on the first day given all the almost certainly far better films from the last 120 years of Cinema I've yet to watch? Not really, no. But I did.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Hard pass. I watched the hover over video and found it incredibly juvenile.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Wonder why Nickelodeon still shows We Make Fun version 1 promo even though version 2 has been updated this year?
Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.

Featured Posts