Yu-Gi-Oh! Franchise in North America Information

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
EDIT: Err, would a mod mind fixing the typo I made in the title? Thanks.

I've decided to repost this from the Fandom Post, just in hopes to maintain a consistent bit of information regarding Yu-Gi-Oh! License, as well as availability here. Hope some people will find this useful, as I will be updating this as information comes out.

Current Status of License:

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Franchise is currently owned by Konami, or rather under their new company, 4K Media, due to 4Kids Entertainment selling their license of the series back in early 2012. They also acquired Toonzaki as well, which "streams" Yu-Gi-Oh! Franchiss (though at this time, are just embedded Hulu streams). The series has been originally owned by 4Kids Entertainment from 2002 until 2012, which in the last couple years, came under a lawsuit between the owners of the license, TV Tokyo and ADK.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters

Current availability of the series in the United States are Dub only streams of the entire series on Hulu. Most of the series had been previously released on dvd by FUNimation Entertainment, but have since been put out of print. This includes the brief Uncut line that reached up to episode 9, which included the original Japanese version and redub of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.

Currently, the series is currently on air on the Vortexx (CW's Saturday morning block) at 11AM on Saturdays and had recently restarted from the beginning. Nicktoons was scheduled to premiere the series on their network on January 14th, but has pulled promotion and information regarding the broadcast of the series on the channel. Currently it is unknown whether or not it will air.

Subtitle releases via streams were being released but cancelled due to rights issues surrounding a voice actor (some second hand information suggest it was possibly Yugi's voice actor). This reportedly affected releases in Japan as well, but appears to have since been cleared up with reruns on TV Tokyo's sister channel, BS Japan.

Someone recently asked about Yu-Gi-Oh! DM streams on Facebook:

Angelina Sailors I wish there weren't all the lawsuits and rights around the original series and we could have an official sub series for the original

Their response this was this:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Page @Angelina - You never know...

Though does not indicate anything in the works, there does seem to be some hope we may see it someday. When? Who knows.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Current availability of the series in the United States are Dub only streams of the entire series on Hulu. Reportedly in a QA with the Music Composer on reddit (Having trouble finding the exact post) who worked for 4Kids, plans to do Yu-Gi-Oh! GX subtitled were in the works, but as of January 2013, no such streams have been made available.

The series had a partial release by FUNimation Entertainment, though available only with an English dub, as no uncut version had been produced. The series has since been out of print, though can still be easily found on Amazon.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

Current availability of the series in the United States are Dubbed and Subtitle streams of the series on Hulu. The Dub has been edited, which contains modifications to the scripts, music, and imagery, but the subtitle version is unaltered (with the exception of the missing Next Episode Previews). While the Dub is "Finished" (no plans to produce anymore), the Subtitled version is currently being release, with Episode 129 as the latest.

They are currently being released on a weekly schedule until Episode 136, with further information being release about availability later (Source). The series has not yet received a DVD release.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Current availability of the series in the United States are Dubbed and Subtitle streams of the series on Hulu. The Dub has been edited, which contains modifications to the scripts, music, and imagery, but the subtitle version is unaltered. The Dubbed version has been uploaded up until Episode 37, while the Subtitle version has been uploaded up until Episode 24.

It should be noted that Episode 13 is missing Subtitled, but on Toonzaki's facebook, they said it had been uploaded and approved by Hulu, but has not yet been published. Hulu, is however aware of it of the problem.

Currently the series is premiering new episodes on the Vortexx.

The series has not yet received a DVD release.

Other

4Kids Entertainment and Warner Brothers have released the Yu-Gi-Oh! Pyramid of Light movie in Theaters and later on DVD. Although I am not sure about this 100%, the DVD release may be out of print now. Other sellers, however, are still selling it on Amazon, which you can check here.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time was released by 4Kids Entertainment into a rather limited Theatrical run back in 2011. While plans to release the movie on DVD has been planned, ultimately nothing ever came of it. Originally, there was a listing from AE Entertainment (which I can no longer find) that had popped up on at least one website, which indicated they were releasing the movie on DVD. It was since been pulled and no further information has been made available since. The movies were released on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK and other parts of Europe, both with the English and Japanese versions of the movie (though the Japanese version was hard subbed, probably as a request).

Although as of right now, Yu-Gi-Oh! is only streaming in the United States, due to Hulu, Canada may be able to view the series in the future, as they will have information in the future regarding International streams:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Page We will have a solution for our fans outside the US coming this year. (Source)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Page This is for US only. We will have more info about international streaming soon! (Source)

Toei's Yu-Gi-Oh! is currently unlicensed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts