The Analysis of Cartoon Network in 2005 and online people's interests in their shows that year

5YearsOnEastCoast

Welcome to my series of analysis of my very fist kids network that i watched- Cartoon Network through years and how much were people interested/ popular in those years. This time I will analyse year 2005.
This year CN had 5 original cartoons and 6 acquired cartoons. Few of them premiered during CN Summer 2005 and got a lot of promotion (at least for Camp Lazlo and Juniper Lee). CN had preschool block Tickle U debut this to compete with Nick Jr. and Playhouse Disney... and it failed. Later this year they started to show few live-action movies. People were confused by this decision, but things would get worse with live-action in following years.
I will now analyse how popular were cartoons that were running at the time and even those that have ended. Also just because some show is higher, it doesn't mean it has more quality than shows that are lower than them. Like for example: would you really consider that Baby Looney Tunes is on same level of quality like Justice League.
NOTE: Besides CN originals, I will also include WB originals that CN was their home like Teen Titans, Justice League but not ones like Mucha Lucha and Static Shock because CN isn't their home network. Also I will include acquired shows from other countries that are/were shown on CN USA and other country's CNs like Totally Spies and Atomic Betty.
Shows in bold means that those shows had new episodes in 2005.

1. Teen Titans - Now Teen Titans is CN's most popular show in 2005, but unfortunately it got this cancelled this year for some reasons unknown.
2. Powerpuff Girls 1998 - It may come second place, but it still close to being CN's most popular show at the time. It also ended earlier in 2005.
3. Totally Spies - is still most popular show that was acquired from another country (from France in this case). It still isn't popular like the above two, but it was somewhat close.
4. Code Lyoko - This show is gaining more and more fans.
5. Justice League Unlimited - It is still among CN's most acclaimed shows.
6. Codename: Kids Next Door - Kids fighting against adult tyranny. It was also one of first serialized cartoons.
7. Ed, Edd & Eddy - Eds now have to go to school. Show's style is digital painted compared to previous four seasons. Still the most popular non hero show.
8. Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi - Show was surprisingly popular this year. It launched right off the bat, but will it remain popular like this? You will see this in upcoming Cn's blogs.
9. Samurai Jack - Samurai Warrior is the most popular not currently running cartoon.
10. Johnny Bravo- It is second most popular not currently running cartoon.
11. Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends - The show gained more relevance this year. Cheese was introduced this year.
12. The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy – 2 kids cheat death and he becomes their best friend. It gained more revelance this year too like Foster's.
13. Megas XLR - Show did get more interest this year... but it was also ended very early this year.
14. Courage the Cowardly Dog - CN's first show that can be considered horror-comedy.
15. Baby Looney Tunes - People lost some interest in it.
16. Justice League - First WB show that CN was their home network. It was often considered pinnacle of DC animation along with its followup Unlimited and Batman: Animated Series.
17. Star Wars: Clone Wars - These are actually shorts, but they were produced by CN Studios. It ended this year.
18. Dexter’s Laboratory - Show for some reason is going down, despite what it did for CN.
19. Cow & Chicken - Momma had a chicken. Momma had a cow. Dad was proud. Couldn't care how.
20. Camp Lazlo - Out of all shows that premiered this year, Camp Lazlo had the most attention in 2005.
21. Atomic Betty - It did had little more interest, but not that much.
22. Duck Dodgers - It still wasn't popular compared to top. It also ended this year.
23. Krypto the Superdog - It existed. That's it.
24. Space Ghost: Coast to Coast - Ok, I know this show was airing new episodes on Adult Swim, but AS different entity than CN. Also even with airing new episodes it still isn't popular with all those above shows.
25. The Life & Times of Juniper Lee - Even though it premiered this year on CN Summer 2005, it didn't have same amount of attention when compared to Camp Lazlo.
26. Sitting Ducks - It had 2 seasons and 26 episodes and it was quickly forgotten.
27. I Am Weasel- Nothing really changed.
28. Cramp Twins - CN Europian co-production. Not many people are interested in it and for good reason.
29. Pet Alien - This show had 52 half-hour episodes and were aired in span of 3 months. It is like Cn wanted to be done with this show as soon as possible.
30. Bratz - *bleep* you Bratz.
31. Sheep in the Big City- It had 2 seasons and 26 episodes and it was quickly forgotten.
32. Ben 10 - This show premiered very late into 2005, so it couldn't get a lot of traction. How much will it be popular in following years? You will be suprised.
33. Time Squad- It had 2 seasons and 26 episodes and it was quickly forgotten.
34. Robotboy - Like Ben 10, it premiered late into 2005.
35. Evil Con Carne - Nothing happended with this show, except that it didn't have new episodes unlike previous year.
36. Mike, Lu & Og - It had 2 seasons and 26 episodes and it was quickly forgotten.
37. What a Cartoon -It showcased many pilot, that some will get picked up and become successful, but this show itself is forgotten by large majority of online users.
38. Firehouse Tales - Show from Tickle-U. It gained almost no attention.
39. Sunday Pants - Show lasted for 5 episodes in October, and there were also six episodes that never seen the light of the day.
40. Whatever Happened to… Robot Jones? - ...Yes whatever happened to it? I'm still not sure.
41. Big Bag- Yes, this was a very first live-action show from CN... and almost nobody is interested in it.
42. Gerald McBoing-Boing - Show from Tickle-U. It gained almost no attention.
43. My Gym Partner’s a Monkey - Like Ben 10, it premiered late into 2005.
44. Moxy Show- Nobody show interest in this show in 2005.

Also Pet Alien had most episodes premiere in 2005 with shocking 52. Other shows with most episodes were Teen Titans with 27, Code Lyoko with 26, Krypto the Superdog with 26, FHFIF with 23, Atomic Betty with 22, Duck Dodgers with 20 and Billy & Mandy with 20 episodes.

Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (13).png
Screenshot (14).png
Screenshot (15).png
Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (17).png
Screenshot (18).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    76.2 KB · Views: 208

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looking at the Boomerang Imaginary Rebrand pitch really makes me wish that we get this rebrand instead of what we got in 2015.

I was at my local Wal-Mart, and they had merchandise out for the new Garfield movie. There's a plush doll of Baby Garfield that meows, and you have to feed him a piece of lasagna or pizza.
I want to thank both Silverstar and Goldstar for their awesome posts and great presence in this forum. Love ya!
Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.

Featured Posts