“I Normally Don’t Like [x], but I Really Like [y]!”

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
What are some movies/shows you like even though you normally don’t like stuff from that genre. For me:
  • Spider-Man (2002). I normally cannot bring myself to care about superheroes but I really love this movie. I saw it in theaters (it must have been my brother’s idea) and I had zero expectations for it. I was pleasantly surprised. It had this wholesome, comforting feeling.
  • Grease. I normally despise anything about high school or college but the songs are too awesome. I didn’t see this movie until I was like 20 but I grew up with the soundtrack. Honestly if it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t care about this movie.
  • Clone High. I usually hate adult cartoons unless they are family friendly like The Simpsons, and like I said I don’t like high school shows. However this show’s concept is just too clever for me to pass up. I haven’t seen the reboot, but I honestly probably never will.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I used to be all about comedies movies and shows including crude/sadist comedies and pretty much any kind of short form comedy. Stuff like Family Guy, Catdog, Robot Chicken and Dan Schneider’s kidcoms. These types of shows have largely fallen out of my favor as now I crave action-adventure cartoons and gentle, innocent kids shows, and what little live action content I watch is usually fantasy oriented. The one exception is Regular Show because it was very relatable, had simple interesting plots, the characters while cynical have enough likability for balance, and the humor and story were well written. Regular Show is when comedic works peaked for me.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
I don't/didn't watch The Casagrandes but I really like the show's theme song.

Normally Disney songs and musicals aren't my thing, but three songs which I unironically like are "Let's Get Together" from The Parent Trap, "Shiny" from Moana and "Better Together" from the Disney Parks' Pixar Pals parade. One reason the former resonates with me is because I first saw The Parent Trap when I was a little kid and it blew my dumb little kid brain that there were other twins on the planet besides @Goldstar! and myself. (Ironically, the twins in The Parent Trap were played by Haley Mills in a dual role!)

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts