Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
p_insideout2_798_9b5e9941.jpeg

Release date: June 14, 2024
Directed by: Kelsey Mann
Starring: Maya Hawke, Amy Poehler, Phyllis Smith, Lewis Black, Tony Hale
Synopsis: Disney and Pixar’s “Inside Out 2” returns to the mind of newly minted teenager Riley just as headquarters is undergoing a sudden demolition to make room for something entirely unexpected: new Emotions! Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust, who’ve long been running a successful operation by all accounts, aren’t sure how to feel when Anxiety shows up. And it looks like she’s not alone.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Best Pixar sequel since Toy Story 3 period.
While it may not be as emotional as the first the humor lands, and the themes are great. All the new emotions are fun and a return to form for Pixar (plus the Anxiety tornado looked cool). Honestly, I'm down for a third but no 4th please

zoombie

The movie this reminds me most of is not the original, it is Red. Very similar in it being about puberty and no real villain. This movie was more fun, though Red had better action scenes.

And I love Anxiety, and I tell you in the first act I related to her more, I thought she was trying to co exist and Joy was being too controlling and bossy. And I do relate to her more than the mother in Red.

Anyway best sequel I have seen in a long time.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
I just got back from seeing the movie. My theater wasn’t that crowded because I saw it at a matinee showing at a theater in a city where school is still in session. I loved it. I thought it was a great sequel, but i think I need to see it again to really say how it stacks up against the original, or even how it compares to like Toy Story 2 and 3.

I loved the new emotions. I can’t decide who is my favorite. I really liked the part where Anxiety made an anxiety attack.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a third Inside Out.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The News Team's slai has a new review on the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Review: Inside Out 2"​

Inside.webp

"Inside Out 2 is the sequel to Pete Doctor’s 2015 Inside Out. While Doctor did direct and write the story and screenplay for Inside Out, he was just the executive producer for this sequel which was directed by Kelsey Mann. Doctor’s absence in the main workings of the movie however does not deter from the story.

The story takes place 2 years after the first movie. Riley (voiced by Kensington Tallman, taking over for Kaitlyn Dias) is the star of her middle school’s hockey team with her 2 best friends, Bree and Grace, and is about to enter high school the following fall after turning 13. The emotions, Joy (voiced by Amy Poehler), Sadness (voiced by Phyllis Smith), Anger (voiced by Lewis Black), Fear (voiced by Tony Hale, taking over for Bill Hader), and Disgust (voiced by Liza Lapira, taking over for Mindy Kahlng), are a well oiled machine inside Riley’s mind, manning the emotion/reaction console smoothly throughout the day. At the end of the day, Joy selects only the best memories and emotions to enforce Riley’s core sense of self, a construct of Riley’s core personality represented by a weaving of all those choice memories Joy has cultivated. Joy then ejects all of Riley’s bad memories via an elaborate catapult mechanism that hurls them to the far reaches of the back of Riley’s mind."

Read the full review here.

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
Just got back from seeing it.

Without saying a lot, it was pretty great and possibly even exceeded my expectations.

I'm definitely up for a part 3.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Wow! What. A. FILM.

I really, really, REALLY loved this. Like many others, I related to Riley's experience of growing up and struggling with hard, sometimes ugly emotions. I, too, suffer from severe anxiety (and depression, although that wasn't an emotion here, unfortunately). Obviously, one film can't cover everyone's lived experiences, but I think Inside Out 2 contained at least SOMETHING that everyone can watch and say, "Yeah, that's me!" My most relatable moment? Not the panic attack, but the line Anxiety says when Riley gets up early and practices hockey until she's worn out. It went something like, "Whenever we miss a shot, we do a lap around the rink." ARGHHH! That is SO me! I can be extremely hard on myself and feel like I should be "punished" whenever I make a mistake. This film is a great reminder that none of us are perfect and we need to accept ourselves how we are. That doesn't mean there isn't room for self-improvement, but that improvement can come with gentleness.

Other than the film being psychologically deep, it had some pretty funny moments. The pixelated video game character was a gas, and Bloofy and Pouchy were fan-favorites in my theater. Even moments where Anxiety and Envy were quarreling made me chuckle, and Ennui's sarcastic remarks made it better. I do wish Embarrassment had done a bit more. I know his job was to hide Sadness and protect her, but he seemed slightly less important than the other new emotions. Speaking of Sadness, she did take a backseat here, which I didn't love. Sadness is my favorite character, and while I understand why she wasn't used as much here, I would have liked to have see to contribute more to the plot. My favorite moment was when she was hiding from Anxiety in her room under the blanket, and when Anxiety calls for her, she just despondently cries, "NoooOooOoo??"

My one tiny complaint about the film was its end credits scene...what was that? I don't understand what was funny about Riley's biggest secret being that she burnt a hole in the carpet. Is that supposed to mean she's smoking cigarettes behind her parents' backs? I was so confused, and so was the group I saw the film with.

Overall, this was an incredible film, and just as good as the first Inside Out.

Final Score: 10/10

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts