1999 Avengers Series Coming To Toon Disney

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
I think the main reason being that it was Avi Arad's fault because they wanted more toy possibilities out of the show and make it more Power Ranger-ish.

I always thought they were going for the Iron Man style for The Avengers armor (First Season of Iron Man to be precise).

TMC1982

I think the main reason being that it was Avi Arad's fault because they wanted more toy possibilities out of the show and make it more Power Ranger-ish.

John Semper fortunately enough didn't have designs like that for Spider-man and usually made the best out of all the craziness that Arad caused, such as the mandate for no Sandman and Electro (Arad's fault), no Ghost Rider, no guns, etc.

We can also thank or blame Avi Arad in part, for the considerably disappointing outcome of "Spider-Man 3". Sam Raimi, the director had initially planned for Sandman, Vulture (with Ben Kingsley in mind to play Adrian Toomes), and Harry Osborn (as "New Goblin") to be the villains. But for whatever the reasons, Vulture was dropped and Arad (seeing extra dollar signs) lobbied to Raimi to include Venom. This is despite the fact that Raimi never liked Venom and only included him in order to appease Arad and the fanboys.

CPI Guy

"Up, up & away!"
Now Only One Episode...

It has been reported elsewhere on the internet that the Avengers episode that is airing on Toon Disney is only being shown because it features an appearance by Iron Man. According to the article, after September 1st, no other episodes of the Avengers have been scheduled. The Avengers could, however, be added to the Jetix line-up at a later date.:sad:

creativerealms

A one time thing would not be a surprise. They aired two episodes of Fantastic Four a few weeks back for a special event.

Monarch

Smirkpocalypse
A one time thing would not be a surprise. They aired two episodes of Fantastic Four a few weeks back for a special event.

It isn't a one time thing. The show's coming back to the JETIX schedule weekly at the end of September, as are Spider-Man Unlimited and Fantastic Four.

dmxx116

It isn't a one time thing. The show's coming back to the JETIX schedule weekly at the end of September, as are Spider-Man Unlimited and Fantastic Four.
Great they replacing Batman and Superman for those two crap show not counting Fantastic Four. Great Batman and Superman didn't need to be on Jetix anyway.

AdamYJ

The Saturday Morning Kid
I just caught an episode each of Avengers and Spider-Man Unlimited and y'know, I still don't get why people hate these shows so much. I think they're a blast, really. I've seen much worse action cartoons on TV. Is it just the "comic book fidelity squad" that has a problem with these shows, or what?

buttah

I don't remember too much about this show but back when it came out I liked it, sure I was 6 but it didn't really seem too bad too me. Guess I should rewatch it to get more accurate judgement but I don't think it was as bad as people always say it was.

Antiyonder

Staff member
Great they replacing Batman and Superman for those two crap show not counting Fantastic Four. Great Batman and Superman didn't need to be on Jetix anyway.

Seriously, add more substance to your complaints or just back off.

Besides, Batman and Superman still have DVDs, the Marvel shows can't be released at this point due to legal issues.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
Ew... that Avengers 1999 cartoon...

With the Falcon's jungle underwear armour... Just.... ew. And not a lot of Wonder Man but whole lot of whining from Scarlet Witch for her "Simooooooon!"

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I just caught an episode each of Avengers and Spider-Man Unlimited and y'know, I still don't get why people hate these shows so much. I think they're a blast, really. I've seen much worse action cartoons on TV. Is it just the "comic book fidelity squad" that has a problem with these shows, or what?
yeah, I don't think they're that god-awful either. Sure, they're not anywhere near great but I've seen worse.

Well I guess I can understand the anger towards Avengers, since it was so rare to get an Avengers cartoon that people wanted to get the definitive series when it was attempted, or at least a really good one. Spider-Man Unlimited was just a failed experiment between Spidey series (I still like the nanobot suit)

AdamYJ

The Saturday Morning Kid
yeah, I don't think they're that god-awful either. Sure, they're not anywhere near great but I've seen worse.

Well I guess I can understand the anger towards Avengers, since it was so rare to get an Avengers cartoon that people wanted to get the definitive series when it was attempted, or at least a really good one. Spider-Man Unlimited was just a failed experiment between Spidey series (I still like the nanobot suit)

They were trying something a little different than expected with both series, and I think that's cool. And they pulled from all sorts of different sources within Marvel comics to do it. Tigra. Falcon. Wonder Man. Counter-Earth. Knights of Wundagore. Man-Wolf. Machine Man X-51, etc. In the end, it just seems like they didn't pull from what the hardcore Marvel fans wanted.

Personally, I liked Avengers because I actually got to see some less popular characters in the lineup. I thought that was cool. I mean, to put it simply, there's a reason I liked JLU more than JL and it's not because I thought the writing improved.

As for the nano-suit, think about this. Other than maybe Doc Ock's orange and green armor on Spider-Man, this is probably the first time in that whole run of '90s Marvel cartoons that they actually went out of their way to design new costumes for the characters. A nano-suit for Spider-Man and armor for the Avengers.

dmxx116

Seriously, add more substance to your complaints or just back off.

Besides, Batman and Superman still have DVDs, the Marvel shows can't be released at this point due to legal issues.
No you don't tell me to back off i say what on this site within the rules, If you don't like it then you back off .

Antiyonder

Staff member
No you don't tell me to back off i say what on this site within the rules, If you don't like it then you back off .

Ok, I'm sorry. It just seems like you make the comment just to drag everyone else into have your opinion.

Besides, aside from the editing, what's wrong with them being on Jetix.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Whoa... they're actually airing this series? I never expected this to be on American television again, not even Jetix.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts