4K!DS TV Talkback: Yu-Gi-Oh GX [June](Spoilers)

Rolling Cloud

...too early....
4kids.jpg
yugiohgx1.jpg

New episodes every Saturday at 11:00 a.m!
Saturday, June 7th
Episode: 147
English Title: "Conquering the past (2)"
Japanese Title: "A Clash of Fate! Cyber-style vs. the Gem Beasts"
Episode Description: Jaden's duel with Guardian Baou concludes and Zane winds up in a duel against Jesse. However, things aren't quite right with him and with Zane's heart acting up. Will he survive the duel?
1p5fk6

Jaden Yuki (Judai Yuki): He's the hero of our story who resides in the Slifer Red Dorm. As a mysterious force started taking over the school, Jaden's group investigateed. After saving the school and meeting with a face from his past, Jaden felt responsible and decided to go back to save Jesse. However, his guilt took over upon seeing the death of his closest friends and he lost himself to the darkness. He has now been saved by the help of his friends.
200px-HellKaiser.jpg

Dark Zane Truesdale (Hell Kaiser Ryo Marufuji): Zane was once acknowledged as being the best student at the Duel Academy. As he entered the world of the Pros, Zane fell into a losing streak and joined an underground dueling ring. There, he gained the perspective that dueling is for pain and never making alliances. Now with his heart acting up, Zane wishes to perform one final act before his time is up.
230px-Syrus.JPG

Syrus Truesdale (Sho Marufuji): Syrus has always been a loyal follower of Jaden, but as Jaden begins fighting for only his goals, Syrus decides he doesn't like the decisions and will leave him. After seeing how Jaden dueled against Brron, Syrus took to the sidelines watching the destiny of a certain man.
180px-DrVellianCrowler.jpg

Velian Crowler(Chronos de Medici): A teacher of Duel Academia with a bit of a gender problem. He enjoys pushing students who he feels aren't worth his time though he has developed a bond with Jaden & his friends over time. He got sucked through the portal leading into Dark World by accident.
bastion.bmp

Bastion Misawa(Daichi Misawa): A student at Duel Academia who disappeared for an extended period back in season 1. He pops in from time to time, though.

-Credit goes to Bigdan11 for making the setup that I added to; And, thanks to Duke for the new talkback image.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Today should be quite interesting. Not only do we get to see if Jaden overcomes his fear of dueling, we also get to see the start of Zane vs. an evil Jesse.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Another great episode to start off the month. It was so intense and actually a bit emotional too. I was happy to see that Jaden did regain enough strength to actually put up a fight, instead of just losing as a form of self-punishment. I understand his issues with playing Polymerization, but he needs to eventually play fusion monsters again or else he may not be as lucky as he was today. I thought that it was cool how he wanted to win without playing Polymerization, but I still think that he'll need to forgive himself by playing it.

It was nice to hear that Bastion and Tanya were able to help that world and have figured out that Yubel is behind all of the twelve dimensions coming together. That actually makes sense. I was so glad that Bastion was giving Jaden a strong pep talk. Jaden is seriously being too hard on himself. He didn't know by sending Yubel away would cause of this to happen. If he did, I think that he would have done the more logical thing and actually burn the card, despite his emotional attachment to Yubel. It was an interesting twist to hear that the Supreme King wasn't another being, but really Jaden's dark side brought to life. I really feel sorry for Jaden and I understand his emotional trauma from all of the previous events but instead of feeling sorry for himself, he needs to control his dark side, as we all do, in order to help all of his friends. At least by winning the duel, I think that he has made some progress in the steps to forgive and forget the past.

And I felt really bad for Zane during this episode. He completely believed that his time was up and that his heart will give out. He's so young, my age I believe, and I was just surprised that he was just giving into that. Of course, I haven't been in a position where I could be killed with too much strain on my body, but he is right now. We all knew that Jesse would come out of that door because of the preview and I knew that he really wasn't himself. Even though his voice still had a bit of a southern accent, for some reason, it wasn't how he usually sounded. I actually agreed with Crowler on how he should rest because of how they could help him if they got home. If they have enough money for high tech duel disks and schools for children to learn to play a children's card game, I would think that they have medical resources to help someone in Zane's heart condition. At the same time, I understood Zane's determination to go out fighting instead of just waiting for his end to up and to not have any regrets. I wasn't surprised that the only real excitement Zane felt was during his duels against Jaden and Jesse since they both act like each other. Once Jesse was talking about how Zane's a lost soul and will make the universe one so that no one would be lonely, I knew that was Yubel.

That was one interesting spell card that Yubel played. It reminded me of the seal that was used during the Doom arc in the DM series, except it was blue instead of green. It seems that Jesse's Crystal Beasts have become Advanced Crystal Beasts and with new looks to boot. It seems that Zane was able to play pretty well with his Cyber Dragon, but that field spell really saved Yubel. I was glad to see that Jaden and all of his friends finally came back. I had a feeling that Syrus would be worried once he found out that Zane was dueling. I felt so sad for him when he found out. At least Crowler was able to explain a bit about Zane's heart stopping. Poor Syrus couldn't even look at the duel when that happened. I wanted to hug him so much as he looked worried.

For some reason, I thought seeing Jesse would cause a different, more surprised reaction in Jaden, especially considering how worried he's been and so focused on finding him for so long. I did like how, once Jaden found out about Zane's heart condition from the underground duels, he wanted to take Zane's place. Once again, I understood where Zane was coming from regarding wanting to duel instead of just fading away, but he's really only hurting himself more by dueling. Not only that, but it must be hurting Syrus watching this happen. At least Jaden knows now that Jesse is being controlled by Yubel. Even when Yubel attacked with a 600 attack point monster, that still hurt Zane so much. He was literally sweating for the rest of the episode. Poor Syrus sounded so concerned and scared for his brother. I wanted to give him another hug. Yes, I really like Syrus and I also just find it so sad that he's watching his brother do this to himself. Syrus is even feeling that something bad will happen to him and so am I.

Despite the immense pain that he must be feeling now, Zane was still at the top of his game with his Cyber Twin Dragon. He definitely wants to go down fighting and while I admire that quality, I also think he should think of all of his friends and especially his little brother rather than what he wants to do. It looks like Yubel has all of the Advanced Crystal Beasts in the graveyard or on the field. Zane seems like he has the advantage, but the facedown card has me a bit worried. I know that Jaden is still worried about Jesse, even though he knows that its Yubel.

Overall, a great episode. I thought that it was intense, as well as emotional with Zane acting like he will die no matter what he does. I really hope that something good happens, but I'm still worried. It feels like nothing really happy/good for the characters has happened for a long time, unless you count Jaden getting free from the Supreme King's control, but even that had a drawback. From the looks of the preview, Yubel survives the attack and Zane somehow summons a Cyber-End Dragon with 160000 attack points. Now that's strong, but I wonder if that will hurt him. I'm so looking foreword to seeing the new episode next week and hopefully it turns out well for everyone. Hopefully, the week won't go by slow because of my anticipation for the new episode.

StormBlue

Defender of Light
Having watched Yu-Gi-Oh and now GX for so long, I usually can see how a duel will end just depending on the characters at hand. Without knowing how this duel ends, I expect Jesse/Yubel to win.

HOWEVER, the lead-in to whatever outcome this will be is exciting! Zane is staying true to who he is and dueling with every ounce of his being. Good stuff. The move he pulled at the end with Cyber-Twin dragon and then the diffusion spell card... BRILLIANT! That's not only being mindful of Jesse's limited ability to dodge bullets, but it keeps Zane on the offensive. The final panel with the impending blast is a great one.

vlcsnap-20148.png

I'm excited about what is to come!

Rolling Cloud

...too early....
4kids.jpg
yugiohgx1.jpg

New episodes every Saturday at 11:00 a.m!
Saturday, June 14th
Episode: 148
English Title: "Conquering the past (3)"
Japanese Title: "Ultimate Dragon Showdown! Cyber End vs. Rainbow Dark!"
Episode Description: Zane continues his duel against Yubel/Jesse but with his heart giving out, will he make it out victorius? In one of the most epic duels of the whole series), catch the final moments of one of these great duelists.
1p5fk6

Jaden Yuki (Judai Yuki): He's the hero of our story who resides in the Slifer Red Dorm. As a mysterious force started taking over the school, Jaden's group investigateed. After saving the school and meeting with a face from his past, Jaden felt responsible and decided to go back to save Jesse. However, his guilt took over upon seeing the death of his closest friends and he lost himself to the darkness. He has now been saved by the help of his friends.
200px-HellKaiser.jpg

Dark Zane Truesdale (Hell Kaiser Ryo Marufuji): Zane was once acknowledged as being the best student at the Duel Academy. As he entered the world of the Pros, Zane fell into a losing streak and joined an underground dueling ring. There, he gained the perspective that dueling is for pain and never making alliances. Now with his heart acting up, Zane wishes to perform one final act before his time is up.
230px-Syrus.JPG

Syrus Truesdale (Sho Marufuji): Syrus has always been a loyal follower of Jaden, but as Jaden begins fighting for only his goals, Syrus decides he doesn't like the decisions and will leave him. After seeing how Jaden dueled against Brron, Syrus took to the sidelines watching the destiny of a certain man.
180px-DrVellianCrowler.jpg

Velian Crowler(Chronos de Medici): A teacher of Duel Academia with a bit of a gender problem. He enjoys pushing students who he feels aren't worth his time though he has developed a bond with Jaden & his friends over time. He got sucked through the portal leading into Dark World by accident.
bastion.bmp

Bastion Misawa(Daichi Misawa): A student at Duel Academia who disappeared for an extended period back in season 1. He pops in from time to time, though.
defaultjm2.jpg

Jesse Anderson(Johan Anderson): A transfer student who appeared at the same time as Jim, Axel, Adrian, & Prof. Viper. His Crystal Beast deck helped him in many duels and was one of the driving forces behind his finding of the Rainbow Dragon card. Now after sacrificing himself, he has returned possesed by Yubel who is seeking out Jaden.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
This'll be the final new episode for at least 6 weeks, but at least they are leaving off of on a cliffhanger that will leave people wanting more.

Rolling Cloud

...too early....
Wow, they totally rewrote the ending. Also, they added extra dialogue when Zane was attacking Jesse 5 times in a row.

Ignoring that though, I just have one thing to say about this one.
Goodnight, Sweet prince!

Light Lucario

Staff member
This was like the saddest GX episode thus far. It was so sad and I loved it. I had a feeling that it would turn out like this, but I was really hoping that something good would happen. Despite Zane's heart condition, he continued to fight on. It was quite clear that he would fight on, but at the price of his health. I saw Jesse/Yubel summoning Dark Rainbow Dragon coming a mile away. I was kind of surprised that Zane looked happy, in a way, to face it off. At least he was taking in the support of his friends and little brother.

Man, that field spell card really caused a lot of damage for Zane since Jesse/Yubel was able to use it to save the Rainbow Dragon so much during this duel. I was honestly surprised that Zane could still stand after almost losing all of his life points from one attack. I really admired his need to continue the fight, but I felt so bad for him too. I also liked how he wanted to enjoy his last duel since he never felt that way when he was living all of the glory. I could understand that he wanted to enjoy the moment and the intensity of the duel itself, rather than just live for the glory of it all. Zane's fusion cards really came in handy during this duel. I wanted him to win with his dragon, which name I can't remember right now, that could attack Jesse/Yubel five times. That was just awesome and he was so darn close. Too bad that Jesse/Yubel played that trap card that pretty much saved him from defeat. I was so angry with that since Zane was so close to winning.

I'm also still impressed with Zane's useful spell cards. Those just were awesome to see in action. Dang, every time Zane came close to victory, Jesse/Yubel had some trap or ability to save him. At least Zane did get rid of the crystals. I really liked seeing some flashbacks to season one when Zane drew Power Bound. While I still think that season was the weakest, it was pretty darn cool to see Zane back then when he first summoned Cyber End Dragon and some parts of the Graduation Match. I also liked how Jaden had a similar flashback moment to his last duel with Zane. Yeah, Zane has always been a strong duelist, even though I didn't like his attitude in season two.

Anyway, seeing Cyber End Dragon in action was totally awesome. I really liked how Zane wanted to take down Yubel with him. He was just completely awesome in this episode. I actually forgot about Dark Rainbow Dragon's ability to absorb the crystal beasts on the field and gain more attack points. Oh man. I was also surprised that Zane took Cyber End Dragon out of play like that. That spell card did allow for him to bring back his dragon at twice the attack points, but it was such a shame that he still had to pay for Power Bond's effect. He was so darn close too. If only he didn't have to pay for those extra attack points. I felt so sad for him when he said that it was too much for his old heart to handle. I wasn't too surprised that Jesse/Yubel would just leave after that. I'm sure that Jaden will meet up with Yubel again, but it just wouldn't happen right then and there.

The ending to the episode was just so sad. If only Zane hadn't dueled and they had found a way home at some point, I was sure that they could have helped him with his heart problem. I was really touched when he said that he passes the torch to Jaden once again. He was confident that Jaden would find a way to beat Yubel and save Jesse. I was feeling really sad seeing Syrus and Jaden cry like that. When Jaden said that Syrus needs a big brother, I was thinking of that throughout the duel. I was sure that Syrus would be seriously sad watching brother right before his eyes. When Zane said that Syrus already has one and to take care of each other, that's when I broke down and cried. That was just too sad. I loved it so much that Zane told Syrus that he's proud of him and that he always will be. Man, I just completely cried with everyone there. That was just too sad, but I still loved it. I felt even sadder when poor Syrus was looking up in the sky to see his brother disappearing and crying like that. I wanted to give him a hug so much not only because he's my favorite character, but just that whole event was just so emotionally damaging and traumatic. At least Jaden could use this event to fuel his determination to defeat Yubel.

Overall, a great, yet obviously depressing, conclusion to the duel. Looking back on it, I agree that it is one of the best duel of the series thus far. It is just so sad that Zane died like that. I honestly feel bad now that I was upset with him during season two. I think that he realized the immense error of his choice to duel in the underground and that's why he basically changed back to how he was in season one. I loved the episode, even though it was so sad. We won't know what happens for about five weeks since the CW4Kids is starting from The Forbidden Ritual episodes. Well, at least that's not as long as we had to wait for new episodes after CN dropped the show. Hopefully, once the new episode starts, we'll finally see something good developing for the rest of the characters. I'm so looking foreword to seeing the next episode and to see how Syrus handles losing his brother. Poor guy. I still want to give him a comforting hug.

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Oh, gosh! It's been a while since I last posted on this show!:( I'll only make a few quick comments:

1. In the Astor vs. Adrian duel, I was so upset when Adrian won!:( I really thought Astor's Destiny Hero Plasma would've helped him win! I almost literally started crying when poor, pretty Ecko's health was absorbed Exodia!!!:crying: :crying: :crying:

2. Poor Jaden, still too frightened to duel after what he's done.:(

3. I was horrified to learn that witch, Yubel, took over poor Jesse!!!:eek: :crying: Not to mention all his crystal beasts have turned dark!:eek: :ack:

4. That was one intense duel between Zane & Dark Jesse! It looked like Zane's heart was ready to explode!:eek: :ack: Too bad he lost.:(

Well, now we gotta wait six long weeks to see what'll happen next. I'm not very happy about that.:sad: :(

Yubel, when Jaden finally DOES duel you, you BETTER be prepared for the worst, YOU HORRIBLE WITCH!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(catches breath)

And now, something I should've done a while ago when I first saw the ep: a moment of silence for the passing of not only Astor Phoenix, but more importantly, for the passing of poor, pretty Ecko! I'll never forget her!:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

"bows head in a moment of silence, sheds a few tears":crying:

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
Oh, gosh! It's been a while since I last posted on this show!:( I'll only make a few quick comments:

1. In the Astor vs. Adrian duel, I was so upset when Adrian won!:( I really thought Astor's Destiny Hero Plasma would've helped him win! I almost literally started crying when poor, pretty Ecko's health was absorbed Exodia!!!:crying: :crying: :crying:

2. Poor Jaden, still too frightened to duel after what he's done.:(

3. I was horrified to learn that witch, Yubel, took over poor Jesse!!!:eek: :crying: Not to mention all his crystal beasts have turned dark!:eek: :ack:

4. That was one intense duel between Zane & Dark Jesse! It looked like Zane's heart was ready to explode!:eek: :ack: Too bad he lost.:(

Well, now we gotta wait six long weeks to see what'll happen next. I'm not very happy about that.:sad: :(

Yubel, when Jaden finally DOES duel you, you BETTER be prepared for the worst, YOU HORRIBLE WITCH!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(catches breath)

And now, something I should've done a while ago when I first saw the ep: a moment of silence for the passing of not only Astor Phoenix, but more importantly, for the passing of poor, pretty Ecko! I'll never forget her!:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

"bows head in a moment of silence, sheds a few tears":crying:
I so agree with you. And on the duel btwn Zane & Dark Jesse, I've seen it in Japanese and I couldn't bear see the ending or else I would be crying *sniff*. I liked Zane and his courage.:crying:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!
I think The Cramp Twins, the TV series, is set in the Southeastern USA. Not just because of the swamp, they also drink root beer floats too (not at A&W but at Western-themed places).

The irony is that us Europeans don't like root beer and root beer floats

Featured Posts