4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gerstein

Just a Humble, Bumbling Duck
Anyone know if TOM AND JERRY TALES is reappearing anywhere else—or simply vanishing? Could CW4Kids continue to broadcast the show if it wanted to, or is some contract's expiration to blame?
If the former, I'd say someone's guilty of deliberately scrubbing the network's best-rated series so that 4Kids' self-owned properties wouldn't rate badly by comparison.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Anyone know if TOM AND JERRY TALES is reappearing anywhere else—or simply vanishing? Could CW4Kids continue to broadcast the show if it wanted to, or is some contract's expiration to blame?
If the former, I'd say someone's guilty of deliberately scrubbing the network's best-rated series so that 4Kids' self-owned properties wouldn't rate badly by comparison.
4Kids could continue to air reruns if it was on CW. Unless it is coming to CN, then it is vanishing, though the series is in the process of being released on DVD. As far as your opinion, it would be incorrect. They aren't removing it so the 4Kids series don't compare badly to it. They are removing it because no new episodes have been ordered and because they have enough shows to put on two different blocks with only one being double booked, as in having more than one spot, Chaotic.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
They are removing it because no new episodes have been ordered and because they have enough shows to put on two different blocks with only one being double booked, as in having more than one spot, Chaotic.

You forgot about Sonic X getting two slots in the fall.

mumbo

Look skyward
Which is why they're keeping Spectacular Spider-Man, the former block's other highest-rated series?

There's just no new episodes coming and there's nowhere on the block to put it, and it's probably going to Cartoon Network anyway, since CN is always showing Tom & Jerry cartoons. It fits better there anyway.

It has nothing to do with their own shows comparing badly, since they really don't - Chaotic and TMNT rake in almost as high of ratings, and in a few instances, higher.

But anyway it's probably a pretty safe bet that Tom & Jerry Tales will wind up on Cartoon Network eventually. I doubt it's just disappearing.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star

None of Warner's properties are staying past September 13th, so I'm guessing that 4Kids is losing the rights to all their shows then.

August 30th, 2008 (4Kids TV)
08:00 AM Di-Gata Defenders - Snared (#4)
08:30 AM Biker Mice From Mars - Changes (#4) NEW
09:00 AM TMNT - Big Brawl (#49)
09:30 AM TMNT - Big Brawl (#50)
10:00 AM Sonic X - Fly Spy (#11)
10:30 AM Dinosaur King - Tee'd Off (#20)
11:00 AM Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - Snack Attack (#52)
11:30 AM Winx Club - The Golden Kingdom (#73)

August 30th
, 2008 (CW4Kids)
07:00 AM Will & Dewitt - Shopping Spree; What's Eating Will (#24)
07:30 AM Magi-Nation - Fate of the Moonlands (#25)
08:00 AM Tom & Jerry Tales - Destruction Junction; Battle of the Power Tool; Jackhammer Cat (#11)
08:30 AM Tom & Jerry Tales - Tin Cat of Tomorrow; Beefcake Tom; Tomcat Superstar (#12)
09:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Intervention (#12)
09:30 AM Chaotic - The Birth of Borth-Majar (#14) NEW to CW4Kids
10:00 AM Chaotic - Shifting Sands (#15) NEW to CW4Kids
10:30 AM TMNT: Fast Forward - The Cosmic Completist (#141) NEW to CW4Kids
11:00 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Welcome to Duel Academy (#2) NEW to CW4Kids
11:30 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - A Duel in Love (#3) NEW to CW4Kids

This week, TMNT skips ahead six episodes, and Kirby skips ahead one episode.

Light Lucario

Staff member

I wouldn't blame 4Kids for this, even though that was bound to happen when this news first hit. They could always air the episodes if they wanted to, but they probably don't since there aren't any new episodes coming. Besides that, I thought that Tom and Jerry Tales and Scooby and Shaggy Get a Clue were the only two Kids' WB shows that were relatively safe. I could see both series landing on CN at some point. Tom and Jerry have another thing in their favor, which would be DVD releases. So even if it doesn't land on CN, they could always continue with the DVDs.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
I wouldn't blame 4Kids for this, even though that was bound to happen when this news first hit. They could always air the episodes if they wanted to, but they probably don't since there aren't any new episodes coming. Besides that, I thought that Tom and Jerry Tales and Scooby and Shaggy Get a Clue were the only two Kids' WB shows that were relatively safe. I could see both series landing on CN at some point. Tom and Jerry have another thing in their favor, which would be DVD releases. So even if it doesn't land on CN, they could always continue with the DVDs.

Well at this point, there is only one DVD release left before the show is complete.:(

Light Lucario

Staff member
Well at this point, there is only one DVD release left before the show is complete.:(

Oh, I didn't know that. That could be seen as a good thing since fans of the show could easily buy all of the DVDs in order to see it if CN doesn't air the series. Though I think that they probably well considering how they're still airing Tom and Jerry like every weekday.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Oh, I didn't know that. That could be seen as a good thing since fans of the show could easily buy all of the DVDs in order to see it if CN doesn't air the series. Though I think that they probably well considering how they're still airing Tom and Jerry like every weekday.

True, but its kinda sad since it looks like the show might got get another season out of it. Which would suck since the ratings have held up well for the show in reruns. I'm hoping CN will pick it up and somehow commission another season, but I doubt it.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
True, but its kinda sad since it looks like the show might got get another season out of it. Which would suck since the ratings have held up well for the show in reruns. I'm hoping CN will pick it up and somehow commission another season, but I doubt it.

I'm still a bit surprised that CN hasn't aired it or Get a Clue yet...

Draft

I'm still a bit surprised that CN hasn't aired it or Get a Clue yet...
Much less Tom and Jerry Tales, which got signifigantly better ratings. Probably WB is making CN pay too much, so they'll end up on Disney XD

I'm really suprised that 4K!DS didn't at least pick up some of the non-WB productions like Johnny Test and Skunk Fu!, but picked up stuff like Magi-Nation and Will+Dewitt

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I'm really suprised that 4K!DS didn't at least pick up some of the non-WB productions like Johnny Test and Skunk Fu!, but picked up stuff like Magi-Nation and Will+Dewitt

They are keeping Skunk Fu!. It'll start airing again on the 13th.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
They are keeping Skunk Fu!. It'll start airing again on the 13th.
Magi-Nation and Will & Dewitt, neither of which have been confirmed for actual new episodes, meet the E/I requirements that CW says the first hour must fulfill. When GoGORiki starts up, it'll replace one of those two. If 4Kids actual wanted to use common sense, they could have Magical DoReMi season 2 air in that other slot, but it probably won't happen. As someone else mentioned, Skunk Fu! will be rejoining the line-up at 8 AM/ 7 AM. It is believed it will be gone by mid-season though, because at mid-season you have Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, Huntik: Seekers and Signs, and RollBots all coming out. It is believed they will replace Skunk Fu!, one half hour of Chaotic, and Viva Pinata, which will probably be airing its final new episodes this fall on CW4Kids. Spidey will also begin season 2 at mid-season. The rest of the line-up should still have new episodes at that time, with the exception of Chaotic (season 2 is airing on 4Kids TV), those being: TMNT: Back to the Sewers, Dinosaur King, and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. At mid-season, you will most likely have a line-up with these shows on:
either Will & Dewitt or Magi-Nation
GoGORiki
Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight
Huntik: Seekers and Signs
RollBots
The Spectacular Spider-Man
(season 2)
Chaotic (reruns)
TMNT: Back to the Sewers
Dinosaur King
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

Light Lucario

Staff member

I can understand that. I haven't really seen the series, but I've heard fairly good things about Tom and Jerry Tales. Not to mention I know it was one of the highest rated shows on Kids' WB, even when it was one at eight in the morning. While I'm not sure if CN will commission another season, I could see them at least airing the series at some point. Though I am also surprised that they haven't aired Tom and Jerry Tales or Get a Clue by now as well.

Sanosuke

Stayin' Gold. Real Gold.
It's not a specific spoiler, but I tagged it just in case:
There's a lot more physical human fighting (like humans actually punching one another), as well as more firearms, and of course, lots and lots of fanservice. The atmosphere of the show is basically the same, though.
Fanservice? Of who?:eek: lolz

So, DK is moving to Cartoon Network?

Justy

Now you see me...now you don't
Magi-Nation and Will & Dewitt, neither of which have been confirmed for actual new episodes, meet the E/I requirements that CW says the first hour must fulfill. When GoGORiki starts up, it'll replace one of those two.
I found a site that's reporting that Magi-Nation DVDs will be released later this year. Interestingly enough, the company is also offering Will and Dewitt, Horseland, and Trollz DVDs. Check that out at http://www.ncircleentertainment.com/Content.aspx?id=NCmagi-Nation.

I for one hope that new eps will be made, as it's a fairly enjoyable series that a lot of people don't know about.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
I found a site that's reporting that Magi-Nation DVDs will be released later this year. Interestingly enough, the company is also offering Will and Dewitt, Horseland, and Trollz DVDs. Check that out at http://www.ncircleentertainment.com/Content.aspx?id=NCmagi-Nation.

I for one hope that new eps will be made, as it's a fairly enjoyable series that a lot of people don't know about.
I doubt its a US release, because many of the shows listed on their release list are distributed by Shout Factory! here in the US.

Ricia

Gender confused evil
...Viva Pinata, which will probably be airing its final new episodes this fall on CW4Kids...

Please tell me I'm misinterpreting this, and you don't mean Viva Pinata isn't going to be on after they show the new episodes. That will make me incredibly sad.

Oh and related to something else you said, I get how Will & Dewitt is educational but how is Magi-Nation? Granted I haven't really watched it so it could be Sesame Street for all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts