4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumbo

Look skyward
Ratings are probably the only answer for Fast Forward being rerun. It doesn't matter to me because I'll be watching 5D's at that time, but it's still pretty lame to see Fast Forward being run for the thousandth time.

I think Magi-Nation got the axe because 4Kids thought it would be a bad idea to support another company's TCG property :sweat:
So how does 4kids expect to fit 15 shows on their block next year when they only have one Saturday morning block?

Are we looking at a lot of cancellations after this season? Surely old stuff like Kirby, Sonic X, Winx club, Fast Forward, etc. will be completely gone by next September when they only have the CW, but I wonder what else will be on the chopping block.
That's true. I mean there's still three more shows that need to be added at midseason, so even with Viva Pinata, Skunk Fu, Spectacular Spider-Man, and one of the Chaotic slots gone, they'd only have room for one new series next fall, two if they got a new E/I show to replace Will and Dewitt. I think all the other shows are sure things for 09-10, unless maybe 5D's is only one season or Rollbots doesn't get a long stay.

Actually I'd say it looks pretty likely that 4Kids picks up the upcoming fourth season of Winx Club for Fall 09, since that would easily replace Will and Dewitt for an E/I program.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Am I tredding too close to the panic button by noticing the absence of KRDK in this release?

Or is it just a case of 4Kids drawing out the process?

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Am I tredding too close to the panic button by noticing the absence of KRDK in this release?

Or is it just a case of 4Kids drawing out the process?

It's not supposed to be ready until February or March, so I wouldn't worry too much.

By the way, has the CW sent you the schedule for September yet?

collector_cliff

Noob Saibot

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, August 23, 2008 Broadcast Networks only (Live + SD Data):
Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
FOX (4Kids TV) 1.3/6 Avg. (8a-12n)
Di-Gata Defenders 0.5/4; Biker Mice from Mars 0.8.5; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 0.9/5; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1.1/5; Sonic X 1.0/5; Dinosaur King 1.0/5; Kirby 1.0/4; Winx Club 1.0/5
CW (Kids' WB!) 0.9/4 Avg. (7a-12p)
Will & DeWitt 0.3/3; Magi Nation 0.7/4; Tom and Jerry Tales 0.7/4; Tom and Jerry Tales 1.0/5; The Spectacular Spider-Man 1.3/6; Chaotic 1.2/5; Chaotic 1.1/5; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 0.9/4; Yu-Gi-Oh GX 0.7/3; Yu-Gi-Oh GX 0.8/4
ABC 0.8/4 Avg. (9a-12:30p)
The Emperor's New School 0.5/2; The Replacements 0.6/3; That's So Raven 0.9/4; That's So Raven 1.0/4; Hannah Montana 1.3/6; Suite Life of Zack & Cody 1.0/5; Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.5/3; Power Rangers Overdrive 0.9/5

I'm pretty sure that Cynopsis messed up this week, since the individual ratings for 4Kids TV are the exact same as the ratings for the previous week.

Posted this morning on Cynopsis Kids

Correction: The actual ratings 4KidsTV (Fox) Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, August 23, 2008 (Live + SD Data):
Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
FOX (4Kids TV) 1.3/6 Avg. (8a-12n)
Di-Gata Defenders 0.6/4; Biker Mice from Mars 1.1/6; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1.2/6; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1.6/7; Sonic X 1.9/8; Dinosaur King 1.6/7; Kirby 1.4/7; Winx Club 1.0/5

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Wow, those ratings are pretty impressive. Di-Gata was the only show that didn't break a 1.0, and even that is still pretty good for a show airing at 8:00 AM (Viva Pinata had a hard time breaking 0.5). It's also surprising how well Sonic X is doing despite this being the show's third or fourth run.

Anarky

Team Conan
Well, no reason to watch on Saturday mornings anymore. I like the Spidey/TMNT hour on the CW. Note to self: be up by 9. Too bad we have to wait so long for Spidey's sophomore season.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm glad that they've finally announced their schedules, even though we could tell by the promos last week. I'm looking foreword to watching 5D's and the new season of TMNT. I'm also kind of surprised that FF is getting another run since it was played like three times at least on Fox. I think that maybe they want to give people who may not have Fox the most recent season, which unfortunately is FF. I would also imagine ratings play a part in it. The new logo also looks really cool.

CyberCubed said:
So how does 4kids expect to fit 15 shows on their block next year when they only have one Saturday morning block?

Are we looking at a lot of cancellations after this season? Surely old stuff like Kirby, Sonic X, Winx club, Fast Forward, etc. will be completely gone by next September when they only have the CW, but I wonder what else will be on the chopping block.

I was thinking about this too the other day. I think that their old shows like Kirby and Sonic X will go straight back to begin online exclusive shows. I'm not sure if they'll do that for Winx Club since I think that there's a good chance for them to get the new season after it airs in Europe. They may also combine some of their best shows from each block and make that the CW4Kids block for next fall.

Lord Pumpkin

Fox's 4KIDS TV is nothing going to be but reruns. Winx should move to Nickelodeon/Nicktoons until season 4 comes out in the Fall of 2009. Sonic X should move to CN since the Archie comic is still running. As for TMNT:FF, replace it with X-Men Evolution or another show that we remember from the Fox Kids era.

Fox Kids and Kids WB!-R.I.P

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Fox's 4KIDS TV is nothing going to be but reruns.

Well, there is Di-Gata, Biker Mice, and Chaotic's new season....

Check this out...

Web Exclusive World Premiere of CW4Kids New Season Preview
09/05/08 by Kyle

buzz_brandspanking_237x242.jpg

Just for you, we're sharing sneak peeks of The CW4Kids New Season! Starting today, we're posting clips from our New Season Preview show that airs on The CW Friday, September 12th at 4:30 p.m. Click here to watch the first clip. Hudson Horstachio will be hosting a half hour of fun, laughs, and world premiere clips of our new shows airing on The CW4Kids.

Each day for the next few days, we will introduce new clips from all your favorites including: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer!, GoGoRiki, Dinosaur King, Chaotic, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s, and Viva Piñata.

Plus, we’ll be sharing the top two theme songs contending to be the new theme for the new series Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s - so you definitely don’t want to miss it!

Make sure you tune in Friday, September 12th at 4:30 p.m. and get ready for an awesome new season on The CW4Kids! And get ready for the ALL-NEW CW4Kids Saturday morning, September 13th!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Wow. 4Kids is pulling out all the stops. CW 4Kids is looking awesome. Never thought 4Kids could do something like this.

Harukuro

Sweet!! :anime: I'm definatly going to watch the clips of TMNT (which I already did and it ROCKED!), Viva Piñata and maybe GoGoRiki (it looks interesting but I'll have to actually see it to tell if it's decent or not) Thanks for the heads-up D Dubbs. :D

Light Lucario

Staff member
Fox's 4KIDS TV is nothing going to be but reruns. Winx should move to Nickelodeon/Nicktoons until season 4 comes out in the Fall of 2009. Sonic X should move to CN since the Archie comic is still running. As for TMNT:FF, replace it with X-Men Evolution or another show that we remember from the Fox Kids era.

Fox Kids and Kids WB!-R.I.P

I don't think that Winx could air on Nickelodeon or Nicktoons unless 4Kids made a deal with Nick, but they could air on CN. I doubt Sonic X could move to CN since outside of showing more of season three of GX for a few weeks and the repeats of Pokemon they had in the weekday morning, CN hasn't been real interested in airing shows from 4Kids. I don't even know if 4Kids has the rights to air X-Men Evolution. Except for Winx Club, if they want to go for season four, most of their other repeat shows will probably go straight back to their website.

I'm glad to hear that 4Kids is really going all out for their new fall lineup on the CW. I'm so looking foreword to seeing that seek peek special next week. I also seriously hope that Hyper Drive is one of their top two theme songs for 5D's. It is so good and it would be just awesome to have that as a theme song for the series.

Menos Grande

The original Biker Mice From Mars kicked my 7-year-old ass. I've been watching the new series since "The British Invasion." No one bothered to tell me about it being on TV until a couple of weeks ago :sad:

garfield15

Member of the 10,000 post club
Man, if they're pulling out all the stops for this, I can't wait to see the advertising campaign for Kamen Rider (which at that point will give me a reason to watch the network)

Oh man if CW aired Spectacular Spider-Man and Kamen Rider back-to-back...

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Wait. CW4Kids has the "All new" logo up for this first ep (11:00) of GX.

HUH???? :confused:

That ain't what their schedule said. And, the Zap2It listings grid calls the episode "Rarin' to Go"

Help? Or does this just mean "all new on THIS network!"?

Perry

Super... man
I'm really looking forward to next week, that's for sure. I'm really curious to see how well 4Kids is going to dub Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.

Bratbat

I still don't get why they chose to air the new season of Chaotic on 4KidsTV instead of the CW4Kids.

PC!

lolwut?
I still don't get why they chose to air the new season of Chaotic on 4KidsTV instead of the CW4Kids.

I guess they wanted to have SOMETHING new on 4KidsTV. Personally, I'd figure it'd be more effective having it on the CW with all the other new shows. Let 4KidsTV rerun old Chaotic episodes. It's already shown it pulls in decent ratings.

I have a question. Are we going to see new seasons of Dinosaur King and Viva Pinata, or are they starting at episode 1 with "new to CW4Kids" episodes? 'Cuz that'd suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts