4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Since I was PM'ed this, I guess I'll ask this question: Since we're up to 500 posts, is it time for a new thread or should we keep it around until it reaches 1000 posts?

collector_cliff

Noob Saibot
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New profile for RollBots to be added to WorldScreen:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NAME:[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RollBots[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ORIGIN: RollBots is an original concept from creator MCM. The property was acquired by Amberwood Entertainment and developed in association with YTV.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DISTRIBUTOR: Amberwood will be distributing the property worldwide. The official sales launch of the series will take place at MIPCOM/MIPCOM Junior next month. 4Kids Entertainment has been named the worldwide [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]merchandising and licensing agent and brand manager for RollBots.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TV SHOW: RollBots is a 3-D animated action comedy produced in high definition. The first cycle is comprised of 26 half-hours and is aimed at kids 6 to 11 years old.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DESCRIPTION: Spin is the only bot in Flip City who doesn't have a tribe, but he makes up for it with speed! His hyper-roll mode and powerful Skyv Boots let him pull off amazing moves while he chases down criminals with his fellow cops—even though he's not a member of their tribe. Between bickering tribes and a crazy rush of speeders on the RMS, there's more than enough to keep Spin busy. But he gets more than he bargained for as he hunts down the evil Vertex and his henchbots as they pull off heists and daring crimes around town. There’s a lot to uncover in Flip City, and while he’s on his adventures, Spin may just discover why he has no tribe.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Sheldon S. Wiseman[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CO-EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Jonathan Wiseman[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MAIN BROADCASTER: The series has been commissioned by Canada’s YTV and will premiere on February 7, 2009.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TV SALES: The series has been licensed into the U.S. to 4Kids Entertainment and will premiere in February 2009 on its Saturday morning block on The CW, 4KidsCW. The series has also been pre-sold in France, Italy, Spain and the Middle East.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MAJOR TOY LICENSEE: Mattel is the worldwide master toy licensee for the property. The anticipated retail launch is spring 2010.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OTHER PRODUCTS: 4Kids, the worldwide merchandising and licensing agent and brand manager for RollBots, has begun presenting the property to potential licensees in many categories with a primary focus at the moment in securing a video-game deal. Thereafter, key categories are expected to include publishing and trading cards, with the eventual expansion into apparel, party goods and beyond.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]STRATEGY FOR ROLLOUT: The RollBots teaser website has officially launched at www.rollbots.com. New character profiles are uploaded each week, and the final update will include a series teaser.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The RollBots Online Gaming Experience, produced by Xenophile Media, will launch on YTV.com in December. The site will be an immersive experience allowing users to create their own RollBot, join a tribe and explore Flip City while racing along the tracks and playing games along the way.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The series will launch on YTV and The CW in February 2009. Additional broadcasters will be announced and secured at MIPCOM with launch dates to follow. Most broadcasters will air a new episode once a week, with repeats throughout the week, leading up to the season one finale, which can be viewed as a one-hour special if desired. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our specific MIPCOM strategy is to focus on a few key territories that will help establish a strong merchandising and licensing campaign,” says Jonathan Wiseman, the VP of sales and acquisitions at Amberwood. “In Europe we’re focusing on five key territories: Spain, France, Italy, Germany and the U.K. In most cases we’ll be targeting terrestrial broadcasters in those territories, eventually to be enhanced and supplemented by some cable and satellite deals. Scandinavia is also very important. Other than the European territories, we’re going to be focusing on a deal for Australia and there has been some interest regarding potential pan-Asian and pan-Latin American deals. It will also be very important to have a Mexican broadcaster on board. That’s the first tier.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From its launch date in February, the series will have a presence on air, online and on demand. The tentative launch date for toys is spring 2010, ideally followed by a video-game launch for the 2010 holiday season. Additional licensing products will tentatively roll out through to spring 2011 and onwards. Wiseman notes that the merchandising and licensing campaign is expected to focus on the show’s key elements of speed, racing and transformation. Broadcasters who are interested will be able to have a look at some of the conceptual designs for Mattel’s upcoming toy line at MIPCOM. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RollBots does a really strong job at targeting the 6-to-11 demographic,” Wiseman says. “It’s a boy-skewed property but not a boys-only property. There are characteristics of this brand that are proven to appeal to that demographic. Things like racing, collectability, a sense of community, battle and competition.”[/FONT]​

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Ah, so Jeff Harris was wrong after all. The series is going to premiere on YTV in February as well, not October.

The trailer was interesting. Spin (the protagonist) sounds like he's voiced by Samuel Vincent.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Well, I was thinking:

ac8ba58f.jpg

...but that works, too. :p

....Memories

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
September 27th, 2008 (4Kids TV)
08:00 AM Di-Gata Defenders - Knowledge (#16) NEW
08:30 AM Biker Mice From Mars - Between a Rump and a Hard Race (#6) NEW
09:00 AM Sonic X - The Adventures of Knuckles and Hawk (#17)
09:30 AM Sonic X - The Dam Scam (#18)
10:00 AM Chaotic: M'Arrillian Invasion - The Floundering Father (#43) NEW
10:30 AM TMNT: Fast Forward - Home Invasion (#120)
11:00 AM Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - Dedede's Pet Threat (#56)
11:30 AM Winx Club - The Spell of the Elements (#77)

September 27th
, 2008 (CW4Kids)
07:00 AM Will & Dewitt - Will and Grass; Stain Stain Go Away (#3)
07:30 AM Skunk Fu! - The Art of Attitude; The Art of Revenge (#3)
08:00 AM Viva Piñata - The Transparent Trap; To Catch a Pester (#37) NEW
08:30 AM GoGoRiki - The Big Race; A Gift for Rosariki; The Telegraph (#1) SERIES PREMIERE
09:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Natural Selection (#3)
09:30 AM TMNT: Back to the Sewer - Something Wicked (#146) NEW
10:00 AM Dinosaur King - Rhino or Dino? (#29) NEW
10:30 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Pipe Dreams (#3) NEW
11:00 AM Chaotic - ChaotiKings (#22) NEW to CW4Kids
11:30 AM Chaotic - Stelgar Strikes (#23) NEW to CW4Kids

This week on 4Kids TV, Biker Mice returns to episode six. On The CW4Kids, GoGoRiki makes its American premiere while Skunk Fu! and Viva Piñata move up a half hour, replacing Magi-Nation.

collector_cliff

Noob Saibot
I was snooping around a website (which shall remain nameless) yesterday that runs banner ads for 4KidsTv programs. They are currently running one for Yu-Gi-Oh!5Ds. Next month they have one running for Chaotic: M'arrillian Invasion and after that.... one for Rocket Monkeys! Looks like 4Kids may have saved the monkeys after all.

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
I'm also really happy about the new episodes of Dinosaur King and Viva Pinata. After showing the almost the first whole season of Dinosaur King over the summer break and practically every Viva Pinata episode airing two to three times at least, it is definitely good to hear that they'll start off with their new seasons. I'm also happy to hear about the first two episode titles for 5D's. They sound pretty interesting and the first episode title feels kind of cool to start off the series.
I was wondering when they'd begin airing new episodes of Dinosaur King.
Do you think they might get up to episode 46 by Christmas time? That episode (Japanese name) is "Christmas of Megalosaurus". It would be funny if they aired that episode at Christmas time, but I think they won't have enough time to be able to do that.:shrug:

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
I was wondering when they'd begin airing new episodes of Dinosaur King.
Do you think they might get up to episode 46 by Christmas time? That episode (Japanese name) is "Christmas of Megalosaurus". It would be funny if they aired that episode at Christmas time, but I think they won't have enough time to be able to do that.:shrug:
Only if they choose to air it out of order, which they very well might if it doesn't contain any main spoilers from previous episodes that wouldn't have been shown. As it is right now though, they would be at episode 41 the week before Christmas.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Only if they choose to air it out of order, which they very well might if it doesn't contain any main spoilers from previous episodes that wouldn't have been shown. As it is right now though, they would be at episode 41 the week before Christmas.

Well, it's not like it would be the first time they've done this for a themed episode of a series...

*cough*Cappy New Year*cough*

Last edited by a moderator:

mumbo

Look skyward
Yeah, and they bumped up "Air Ride in Style" to coincide with Kirby Air Ride coming out, even though the episodes were part of the series finale and 4Kids wasn't anywhere near there yet.

So they probably will just bump up the episode for Christmas.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
Did anybody else notice a short bump with a Spider-Man totally not voiced by Josh Keaton, or did I just imagine it? I guess the character is too popular for 4Kids not to use, even if they can't access the VA's to record new lines. Now I'm imagining new commercial bumps with bootleg New York voices. Mike Pollock would so be J.J. Jameson.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Did anybody else notice a short bump with a Spider-Man totally not voiced by Josh Keaton, or did I just imagine it? I guess the character is too popular for 4Kids not to use, even if they can't access the VA's to record new lines. Now I'm imagining new commercial bumps with bootleg New York voices. Mike Pollock would so be J.J. Jameson.

Admittedly, at first I couldn't tell the difference, but it's noticeable after you hear it a few times, especially in the longer version of the promo.

Another weird incident...4Kids made a new promo for Magi-Nation and only aired it once (during the credits of Will & Dewitt this morning).

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
Yeah, Mike Sinterniklaas is the voice of Spider-Man in the new promo, and yes it sounds terrible.

And I do recall Mike Pollock saying somewhere that Jameson is a character he'd love to voice some day, so it might happen on a future promo.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Normally D Dubbs does this, but I thought this was worth noticing. So, the ratings for September 13th are in and...:

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, September 13, 2008 Broadcast Networks only (Live + SD Data):
Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
FOX (4KidsTV)
1.2/6 Avg. (8a-12n)
Di-Gata Defenders 1.1/6; Biker Mice from Mars 1.2/6; Sonic X 1.2/5; Sonic X 1.2/5; Chaotic M'arrillion Invasion 1.4/6; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward 1.4/6; Kirby 1.2/5; Winx Club 1.0/5
ABC
1.1/5 Avg. (9a-1p)
The Emperor's New School 0.8/4; The Replacements 1.0/4; That's So Raven 1.2/5; That's So Raven 1.3/5; Hannah Montana 1.5/6; Suite Life of Zack & Cody 1.8/8; Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.6/3; Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.6/3
CW (TheCW4Kids)
0.9/4 Avg. (7a-12p)
Will & DeWitt 0.4/4; Magi Nation 0.5/3; Skunk Fu! 0.8/4; Viva Pinata 1.1/5; Spectacular Spider-Man 1.2/5; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1.1/4; Dinosaur King 1.0/4; Yu-Gi-Oh 5D 0.9/4; Chaotic 1.0/5; Chaotic 0.7/4
CBS (KEWLopolis on CBS)
0.3/1 Avg. (7-10a/10a-12p)
Cake 0.3/1; Horseland 0.3/1; Dino Squad 0.4/2; Strawberry Shortcake 0.3/1; Care Bears 0.3/1; Sushi Pack 0.4/2
NBC (Qubo on NBC)
Avg. 0.2/1 (10a-1p)
Jane and the Dragon 0.2/1; Zula Patrol 0.1/1; 321 Penguins/Larryboy Adventures 0.3/1; Veggie Tales 0.4/2; Babar 0.3/2; My Friend Rabbit 0.1/1

4KidsTV won. CW4Kids took third place, being beat out by ABC Kids. LOL, at Fast Forward beating out a new episode of Back to the Sewers.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Wow, look at Di-Gata. It's doing awesome for airing at 8:00 AM. And people thought the ratings would sink. Actually 4Kids TV is doing pretty solid all the way around. Everything is 1.0 or higher.

CW4Kids is pretty meh...but it typically takes a few weeks for kids to adjust to a dramatic schedule change, so I suppose the ratings will increase soon enough.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Wow. Yu-Gi-Oh 5ds is doing awful,so is Dinosaur King. Spider-Man's ratings make me cry, while Will and Dewitt's ratings make me laugh. Hannah Montana is done to 1.06? wow, the popularity must be going down. Why the heke are these live action shows everywhere? I'll bet if ABC grabbed Jetix, there would be better TV. Skunk Fu's triumphant return is sucking. The viewers of 4Kids TV must know it's almost done, they're giving huge ratings. TMNT BTTS is much better than TMNT FF, so why the ratings? I guess the transition from Fox to CW is going to be tougher than orignally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!

Featured Posts