Adnia Pitt is Leaving at WBD Kids and Family After 16 Years

JMTV

A Little Meatwad

From 2008-2024, Adina Pitt is the VP of content acquisitions for Warner Bros Discovery Kids and Family. She was responsible for acquiring the Total Drama Island franchise from Canada to the US market, and it became a massive phenomenon.

Now, Pitt set to leave at the end of this month to pursue other opportunities. Her duties will be taken over by Venessa Brookman.

In my opinion, I'm not too familiar with her work in the animation business, but I do acknowledged that she really did a good job help bring Total Drama Island to become a huge hit in the US. Honestly, I don't think TDI was that big of a hit on Teletoon in 2007, as far as I know. When Cartoon Network acquired TDI in 2008, it became a huge phenomenon.

Before Regular Show and Adventure Time, Total Drama was the first show on CN to carried a TV-PG rating, and it help carries that edge you wouldn't see on Cartoon Network at the time. If it wasn't Adina Pitt acquiring Total Drama Island for CN in the US, then I don't think Total Drama wouldn't been as beloved or remembered as it is now (for better or for worse).

So, thank you, Adina Pitt, and I wish you the best of luck on your future endouvers.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts