Animated Romance

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
what is TOKKA? :confused: ...

well, I don't think Elisa would jump into bed with the first Gargoyle she's met ;);)

I'm just curious from the comments that have been made earlier, if Elisa and Goliath have consummated their relationship in any way at all.

TOKKA = Toph and Sokka which is a total myth and apparition. Sokka loves Suki.

Also, if you don't approve of incest pairings, do NOT watch Tenchi Muyo ever.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
Spot/Rolly-101 Dalmations the animated series.
101 Dalmatians: The Series is my all-time favorite animated program. I respect your opinion, but I don’t believe the two of them would work in a romantic relationship. In fact, in Spot’s debut episode, “Full Metal Pullet”, Rolly sided with Lucky in an attempt to prevent Spot from joining their group. While they were on friendly terms in other episodes of the series, I don’t believe there was ever a hint of romance. “De Vil-Age Elder” also emphasized that, as when Spot kissed Rolly in order to wake him up from his hypnosis, he wasn’t too happy.
Spot and Rolly: well, Rolly and Dumpling seemed to get along at least in one epsiode..
That much is true, though at first, his love for Dumpling was fabricated. Cadpig metaphorically described how he would one day experience the bliss of falling in love, and a series of coincidences caused her description to literally come true. When he told his friends that he was in love, he said: “It all happened just like Cadpig said, so it must be love.” Towards the end of the episode, the two got together due to their mutual love of food. It was never really explored in future episodes, but it was canonical; Spot referred to Rolly’s crush in a later episode.

If she’s even still alive; Sokka has bad luck with the ladies. I’m personally a fan of the pairing between Sokka and Toph; it’s somewhat justified, due to certain scenes, though I concede that it’s nothing official. If anything, Toph may have some feelings for him, though the feelings aren’t mutual.

Mandi-chan

I’m personally a fan of the pairing between Sokka and Toph; it’s somewhat justified, due to certain scenes, though I concede that it’s nothing official. If anything, Toph may have some feelings for him, though the feelings aren’t mutual.
</p>
That's how I see it as well.Toph and Sokka don't have a chance unless two things happen:A.) Suki is dead after all....B.) It'll be at least three years for Sokka to start seeing Toph as something more than a friend, her body needs to mature and fill out first. (Just like Aang had to mentally mature a little for Kataang to be acceptable, which he had by the end of season 1...plus, he's gotten a little taller too.)

Lutochris

^Incest shipping? Now that's just wrong. I once saw a Class of 3000 fanfic that shipped Kim and Kam, who are fraternal twins. Tsk tsk, people.

Incest is where I draw the line for most fanshipping as well. It might not be as bad as shipping someone who consider an adult with someone who a minor, but it still wrong. Like take the fanshipping InuyashaxSeshomaru, they came from different women, but they have the same father, but what the hell shippers, why, being half brothers still means that you're brothers related by blood?

That's precisely the reason people do like it, because it's "wrong".

And like it or not, it exists and not just in some small dark corner of the Internet. It's pretty prevalent in a lot of fandoms - there's May/Max, Phil/Lil, Ben/Gwen, you already mentioned Inuyasha/Sessomaru and Tenchi, just to name a few.

As for Toph/Sokka, while I don't mind it, people seem to think there's been some hints in the show, though I can't for the life of me see where.

tb4000

And like it or not, it exists and not just in some small dark corner of the Internet. It's pretty prevalent in a lot of fandoms - there's May/Max, Phil/Lil, Ben/Gwen, you already mentioned Inuyasha/Sessomaru and Tenchi, just to name a few.

As for Toph/Sokka, while I don't mind it, people seem to think there's been some hints in the show, though I can't for the life of me see where.

And therein lie the reasons a lot of people find animation fans weird. :yawn:

Goldstar!

What up, dog?

..and that, folks, is why I almost never read fan fiction; there are a lot of sick puppies out there who write "love" stories promoting incest and pedophilia just because they can.

I can deal with slash (same sex) pairings to a point (provided that they're artistically valid and not done solely for shock value), but pairing up blood relatives or pairing up an adult with a child is sick and wrong, fictional cartoon characters or not. It's a mentality that I just don't understand; if you like these characters, why do you want to see them get murdered, raped or indulging in perverse sexual practices? Shock =/= drama, character and plot development.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hordesman

slashor
Yeah but did they you know . . . ?
Most media depictions of couples are romantic as opposed to sexual. Especially in toons.

I would've been impressed if she did it before the book came out to rave reviews and sales. I think kind of like Greg Weisman about Lexington, that doing such is a COP OUT.

I'm not so sure Potter would have gone so far and Disney would have put its foot down. It's a paradox, I tell you. We live in a world where a gay couple in a soap opera hug each other. I have no qualms about showing same-sex kissing in my comic, but I don't expect it to pitch it as an action toon for 20 years or so. (Kinda hoping to be the go-to person to relaunch existing properties with gay characters one day)

I also believe WB forcing the last book into two movies is cheap, poorly conceived cash in attempt. Sometimes milking a franchise works out really bad.

It's probably more strike-related, given that the work stoppage wiped out a couple release dates, but I digress.

That's actually the problem with many Zutara shippers. They tend to look at relationships in a very Ken/Barbie type way. To them, it's more about glamour rather than emotion.

Anyone else consider Zutara the bastard adopted stepchild of Jake Long/Rose?

I've seen the pictures! There's Zuko/Aang support too (my friend likes that one in a pure fanship way)

Keep watching. I don't ship it myself, but I think there's more to that particular one than Zutara. If you've caught up with Canada, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9bmED2Atc

I'm just curious from the comments that have been made earlier, if Elisa and Goliath have consummated their relationship in any way at all.

It's about as revelant and likely to be shown as them using the bathroom.

And Suki may be dead. But I think the biggest argument against Tokka is the simple fact that Toph was originally going to be a guy. Sure they tweaked it with a canon one-sided crush when they changed Toph into a girl but I think it'll stop there.

..and that, folks, is why I almost never read fan fiction; there are a lot of sick puppies out there who write "love" stories promoting incest and pedophilia just because they can.

I can deal with slash (same sex) pairings to a point (provided that they're artistically valid and not done solely for shock value), but pairing up blood relatives or pairing up an adult with a child is sick and wrong, fictional cartoon characters or not. It's a mentality that I just don't understand; if you like these characters, why do you want to see them get murdered, raped or indulging in perverse sexual practices? Shock =/= drama, character and plot development.

Yeah, there's alot of wank out there. I hate incest. That's why I read warnings and use my back button in the rare case that someone hasn't warned properly and the more common case that it's just bad (beware the joey wheeler rescue fic). But it's not a bishonen/bishojo thing for me. I write things that are mainly comedy or outright parody which is why if I ever get Avatarslash out there it'd be something like Katara discovering Zuko's into Aang (he's so dead) or Zuko finding out that Bumi's going to be his step-uncle. :anime: But always with my sense that being gay's just another variation, no better or worse but woefully scarce in canon.

RonDrakenfan17

Luffy fan
Hey I never said some of my ships I liked were possible, I just like them. Tokka Aka Toph/Sokka do have plenty of hints between them. I find them cute. I mean I like Ty-Lee/Sokka too but I know that isn't possible, I just find the flirting part fun LOL. Rose/Jake and Km/Ron are the only canon ships that I like.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Where the hell are the Toph/Sokka hints? I've yet to see anything.

Well, in that serpent pass episodes, when Suki saved Toph, Toph kissed her on the cheek, thinking she was Sokka. It shows that the pairing is (in canon) one-sided. Have yet to see evidence of Sokka possibly liking her back though. :shrug: And I don't think Aang/Katara is fully cemented yet. Yes Aang loves Katara, but does Katara really love him back? One kiss doesn't make an official relationship. :shrug:

Hordesman

slashor
I don't remember that Golden Dragon dance episode...:confused:

It's from one of the chibi-style Avatar shorts, School-Time Shipping. Pretty funny riff on het shipping. I think it's on the season 2 boxset.

As for Tokka, supposedly the Sokka line "What would we do without you?" in DOBS is evidence he might like her back. :sweat:

GregX

Goliath and Elisa did not appear in #8. We last saw them in #7.

garg71pw4.jpg

garg72vm0.jpg

Hordesman

slashor
Sokka is not into Toph though. Which is good considering she's like 10.

Yep. Shipping evidence can include all of the following: being friendly, compliments, fighting, ignoring, rescues, death threats, and given the fact that a certain Death Note pairing is so popular: killing the other person in cold blood with no trace of remorse won't end the fan output for the pairing. :anime:

judyindisguise

It's from one of the chibi-style Avatar shorts, School-Time Shipping. Pretty funny riff on het shipping. I think it's on the season 2 boxset. :sweat:

Ohhh, YEAH!! Now I remember. Yeah that rocked. Funny as hell and so beautifully done. I gotta go rent that box set...thanks.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts