Animation Wish List

Moe

This thread is for animated shows/movies and kid/animated channels.

What are you wish to see any changes or want to see happening?

As for me, I want Final Space to be uncancelled and revive to resolve the cliffhanger and make WBD pay back to IRS.

and I want studios to respect ALL of animated shows and movies.

What about you? Feel free to share here and all opinions are welcome.

harry580

let Annapurna buy out blue sky studios library & ip from Disney, I mean, Annapurna was going to get the James Bond rights back in 2016 so, maybe Annapurna could get ice age, rio & all the other blue sky studios ips like robots & spies in disguise, I mean, Annapurna animation is blue sky studios 2.0 so its made sense

Pooky

Staff member
I'd like the Capitol Hi-Q Music Library to become free to use. The desired effects would be two-fold;
a) Early Hanna-Barbera cartoons like Quick Draw McGraw and the outstanding episode of The Huckleberry Hound Show could be released on DVD or Blu-Ray. (Who still cares about DVD? The same kind of people who care about Quick Draw McGraw)
b) Those iconic cues could be used be used by new shows and student animators the way God intended.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
My wishes:

Warner Bros Discovery finally gets its' act together; Cartoon Network Studios and Warner Bros Animation actually synergize and become an animation studio super power.

WBD starts giving a crap about Cartoon Network, both the channel and the brand. They start making money hand over fist, enabling them to invest in new cartoons and properly pay their talent. CN becomes a balanced super channel with a balanced schedule between three sections: Cartoonito for little kids (which consists of both original shows and some reruns of shows from WBA/CNS and Discovery Kids), CN for big kids and families and Adult Swim for adults. ACME Night and Checkered Past stick around as a 'bridge' between CN and AS, but with more variety. Cartoon Network gets an awesome new branding and stylized bumpers in the tradition of Powerhouse, City, YES!, Fall is Just Something That Grownups Invented, Redraw Your World, Check It 1.0 and the better Hub bumpers and wraparounds.

WBD adds a Boomerang window to Max; the aspect ratios and such for the shows are adjusted accordingly.

All of the animated shows ripped from Max are restored to the platform.

Post their respective 100th anniversaries, both Warner Bros and Disney launch a new series of original animated shorts (featuring both their classic shorts characters as well as newer stars from their animated TV shows) from their respective studios; these new shorts are spread across various media: some uploaded to streaming, some airing theatrically before films and some airing on TV.

Disney launches a campaign to make Mickey Mouse a funny, wacky character again, across all of his appearances, not just the Paul Rudish shorts.

Disney and Pixar begin experimenting with different visuals and art styles instead of all of their animated movies looking the same.

Disney makes a new animated series starring the Sensational Six.

The Muppets get their own window on Disney Plus.

Mickey Mouse Works and House of Mouse finally come to Disney Plus.

Last edited:

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Oh lovely-doo! Here's my animation wish list:

- Max bring back ALL the cartoons that were removed from the platform

- The Hub came back in its former glory with the 2010-2011 era.

- Cartoon Network bring back the iconic 1992 full on checkerboard logo.

- Have the Cartoon Network branding be a mix between Powerhouse and City.

- Have Harvey Beaks being renewed for a third season.

- CN greenlight Trick Moon as a full show.

- All of Disney Channel cartoons like Brandy and Mr Whiskers, Buzz on Maggie, The 7D, Dave the Barbarian, The Weekenders, and House of Mouse being on Disney+.

- Cartoon Network brought back Cartoon Cartoon Fridays or Cartoon Network Fridays for new episodes premieres on Friday nights.

- CN released the old CCF/Fridays bumpers and segments completed and restored onto Max.

- Nickelodeon have more variety in their schedule that isn't Spongebob or Loud House.

- Nicktoons goes back to air classic Nicktoons 24/7

- Boomerang goes back to be a retro channel with the old toy branding.

- Checkered Past will stay as it is, but air at a later time (like 7pm) and expended to just 4 hours, and have variety of shows.

- Studios and conglomerates give the animators and artists the respect they deserve and being pay properly.

- ACME Night and Cartoonito goes back to its 2021 slate of original and acquired programming for both audiences on Cartoon Network and Max.

- Have obscure Cartoon Network shows like Class of 3000, Squirrel Boy, Hi Hi Puffy Yumi, Juniper Lee and Secret Saturdays (and....I'm going there, Out of Jimmy's Head) being on Max (in HD quality)

- Boomerang Streaming Service shuts down and being merged into Max

- Disney Channel bring back to its original format from 1997 to 2002.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
My wishes:

HBO Max is rebranded as Warner Max or WB Max with a much greater focus on Warner Media content and the platform's color goes back from blue to purple (I like blue, but the purple is more distinctive).

The animated series such as Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Dexter's Lab, Close Enough, Uncle Grandpa, Final Space, Infinity Train and OK, KO, Let's Be Heroes! that were removed from HBO Max return to the platform.

Boomerang gets a window on WB Max that contains old-school Hanna-Barbera cartoons such as Wacky Races (1968), The Banana Splits, Hong Kong Phooey, The Hair Bear Bunch and The Tom and Jerry/Grape Ape Show (1975) that will stream under this window.

Adult Swim is pushed back to 11 PM (EST). Caroonito runs from 8AM to 2PM Monday-Friday. Cartoon Network runs from 2 PM to 9 PM CN premieres air from 7PM to 9 PM. Checkered Past runs from 9 PM to 11 PM.

Universal Studios begins airing the old Walter Lantz cartoons on Universal Kids.

Disney makes no more live action remakes of its classic animated films and instead focuses on new and original ideas and more experimental art and animation styles.

Pixar stops making sequels to its films.

Mickey Mouse Works and House of Mouse stream on Disney+.

No more reboots. At least not for a while. Major Hollywood Studios mutually agree not to reboot shows/franchises from the 1990s or early 2000s until at least 2028-2030.

A major tech company and /or rich celebrity purchases and relaunches VidMe, transforming it into a successful platform closely rivaling YouTube with fewer ads and fewer copyright restrictions.

Last edited:

Pooky

Staff member
There should be at least one official release of some Terrytoons on DVD or Blu-Ray, or failing that some kind of official streaming release; say a selection of 50 throughout the years, or a handful of collections for their most notable characters. Outside of the odd film print uploaded by historians or hobbyists, I believe the only Terrytoons available up to what I would consider modern standards are the 3 Mighty Mouse cartoons that were extras on the New Adventures DVD. In recent years I've not seen a Heckle and Jeckle, for example, in anything other than very faded VHS quality.

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
Disney finally let's its works fall into the Public Domain. Once Song of the South is PD in the USA, someone gives it a deluxe home video release (ditto Warner Bros.' Censored 11).

Amazon licenses the rights to Spawn, Savage Dragon, Witchblade (plus a few other Top Cow properties) and ShadowHawk (maybe Noble Causes and Dynamo 5 too), allowing them to not only produce animated series based on them (with Spawn's taken from the unfinished Spawn: The Animation series that has long been stuck in development hell), but the characters also make guest appearances in the Invincible series. Plus, there's also an Image Universe fighting game using all these characters.

That Disney Afternoon fighting game teased in the end credits of the Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers movie becomes a reality.

Darkwing Duck gets a complete home video release ("Hot Spells" included) to tie in with the Seth Rogen-produced reboot).

(Some of) the same people behind Scott Pilgrim Takes Off make an animated series based on Chynna Clugston Flores's comic book series Blue Monday.

JoeMabbon

Robot Clone
A Transformers series set entirely in space.

A G.I. Joe animated series written and directed by Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer.

An adaptation and conclusion to volume 4 of Mirage's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Long Gone Gulch picked up and adapted into a full series.

An adult Rom Spaceknight series by Genndy Tartakovsky.

Consistent Homestar Runner output.

A moratorium on isekai anime.

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
Darkwing Duck reboot - comedic yet serious, with a continuing plot. Something like from the Silvani comics.

Danny Phantom animated reboot

Final Space back on TV

Ghost and Molly McGee get s3

Ok ko fully on dvd

Bradford Buzzard getting a satisfying ending (yes I will harp on this).

These come to my mind right now I’m sure I could add more

Asa

• Teen Titans Go! is given a hour long series finale
  • All the 1950’s Popeye cartoons get released on DVD.
  • New season of the Total Drama spin-off, The Ridonculous Race.
  • Make Mine Music is finally released on Disney+.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
  • They can still stream the 39 and maybe add some more Classic Peanuts specials on Apple TV Plus, but I'd like the return of some to air on TV as well. The ones that aired on TV yearly until 2020. "It's the Great Pumpkin" , "You're Not Elected", "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" , "A Charlie Brown Christmas" "This is America, Charlie Brown: May Flower Voyages", "I want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown" , Charlie Brown Christmas Tales (filler space), Happy New Year, She's a Good Skate, Be My Valentine , A Charlie Brown Valentine. Also the Easter Beagle (after ABC decided to not air it after 2014), and any random one to fill an hour after Easter the Beagle. Either on CBS, NBC, Fox , the CW, (not ABC).
  • Warner should make more deals and have some of the stuff they dropped on have it on Tubi, Freevee or Roku Channel. (Also let Elliott From Earth some how continue so they can get past the cliffhanger)
  • They also should put more Hanna-Barbera stuff on Tubi, keep on doing that.
  • Hope Big Nate gets a season 3
  • Disney should make a deal to put The Weekenders and other DTVA shows that they've not put on Disney Plus ,for example, on Tubi or something like it.
That's what I have.

Ace

Ace
more "cartoony" comedic shows especially ones that focus on facial expressions and slapstick. I'd like to see more stuff in that vein since we don't really see too much of that. I think we just need more comedy in general that is completely new rather than rebooting another old franchise.

More experimentation with CGI in the mainstream since a lot of CGI just feels like generic Pixar style stuff.

Cartoon Network to get their act together and make more new original stuff that stands out. Maybe focus on PG level shows that could appeal to both kids and adults.

Online free streaming platforms put to better use. Maybe test out some pilots on there.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts